Is there a half cover out there that fits a Tour?
tmoore
Posted 2013-11-11 4:44 PM (#148767)
Subject: Is there a half cover out there that fits a Tour?

Puddle Jumper

Madison/Huntsville, AL

Is there a half cover out there that fits a Tour?

I know there's the Victory branded one, and it's well liked, but the price is 3-5 times the rest of the options.

I get conflicting reports of fitment all over the place, so I thought I'd ask actual people that use them or have unsuccessfully tried them.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
joe schmoe
Posted 2013-11-11 6:02 PM (#148769 - in reply to #148767)
Subject: Re: Is there a half cover out there that fits a Tour?

Tourer

East TN
I've got a Nelson Rigg half cover, think it cost $49..Very good cover!!
tmoore
Posted 2013-11-11 8:57 PM (#148770 - in reply to #148767)

Puddle Jumper

Madison/Huntsville, AL
Ha, that's typical of what I'm learning. I literally spoke to a live person, twice, at Nelson Rigg. I put a note in the order to confirm fit for a Vision Tour. A guy calls me and says they're not sure, do I still want them to ship it. He's very conscientious, not typical customer support. I say no, and he says he'll check with so'and'so when they return to get clear measurement information. The guy calls me back and says, no, it won't fit.

hmmmm

But hey, you really use one. That trumps measuring sticks. Is it really snug?
fnvision
Posted 2013-11-11 9:14 PM (#148771 - in reply to #148767)

Puddle Jumper

Taylorsville, KY
The factory half cover fits well with or without the trunk on
When i bought mine i think it was 80 bucks...have a dealer look the price up on their computer, the price listed in the catalogue was wrong when i ordered mine.
Bluto
Posted 2013-11-12 8:15 AM (#148781 - in reply to #148767)
Subject: RE: Is there a half cover out there that fits a Tour?

Cruiser

McHenry, IL
I have one from Skn-It (half cover) and love it. It covers the tour trunk and stretches over the windshield and attaches to the front fender. Makes a tent over the seats and loops over the passenger floor boards.

http://www.skn-it.com/

You will have to search for Victory, don't know why there isn't a link but they do make them.
rlongo69
Posted 2013-11-12 9:08 AM (#148785 - in reply to #148767)

Puddle Jumper

I have the Victory one and used it a lot this year It fit great and shows no sign of wear Yes it cost about $100.00 But in my mind worth it . also packs into itself so it doesn't take up to much room in those roomy saddle bags we have .
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2013-11-12 12:36 PM (#148788 - in reply to #148767)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
That's funny. I am a half hour from Nelson Rigg. I went directly to their place and tried covers. Unless they have come up with something new in the last 9 months, none of them fit a Vision with a trunk
tmoore
Posted 2013-11-12 4:37 PM (#148794 - in reply to #148767)

Puddle Jumper

Madison/Huntsville, AL
Well there ya go.
Nelson-Rig says no go. (measurements)
LA says no go. (hands on)
Joe says, it's great. (hands on)
!?!
Joe, are you talking about the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 on a Vision Tour?

The Victory branded or the SKNZ would be great. I just would rather not spend that much if I can help it.

So..
There's the Dowco Guardian Traveler Half Cover. I'm getting the best feedback on this one, though Dowco/Guardian themselves will only say it 'should' fit. They only spec their covers for the Vision sans trunk. This is where I fell into the fitment boondoggle to begin with. Dennis Kirk, on a full Guardian cover, will steer you to an XXL. Look close and the one you thought was for the Tour is also for the Street...that's not possible unless it's a virtual tarp on the Street or designed like the Vic cover. Fact is the XXL won't fit a Tour.
The Kuryakyn is similar; Kuryakyn's stance is "it's big, it 'should' fit". Dennis Kirk website says "possibly fits".
Covermax and Ultraguard I haven't gotten any feedback on. Amazon says they both fit the Goldwing 1800, but not yay or nay on the VT.

Any other successes or failures would be appreciated.
blyde
Posted 2013-11-15 9:32 AM (#148888 - in reply to #148767)

Puddle Jumper

I have the Kury and it fits nicely with or without the trunk on. Obivously there's some slack without the truck but I just fold it under the handles and choose a lower point to attach the elastic hooks at the front. (Usually just under the floorboards or clutch and brake pedals)
It has padding on the inside for the front and rear so your windshield and trunk paint dont get scratched. It's a very soft terrycloth type matieral.
Going on my 4th year using in the TX summer heat and she's faded a bit but has not fallen apart. I imagine the elastic strips will go before the cover gives in.
Works well for light rain but will collect a little water if its heavy enough.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kuryakyn-primoshield-half-bike-co...

Edited by blyde 2013-11-15 9:35 AM
ubbe_gbg
Posted 2016-02-20 9:38 AM (#178941 - in reply to #148781)

New user

Hi Bluto.
Saw this old tread. Would you have any pictures that shows the half cover on your bike? I can't find any pictures.

8-ball
Posted 2016-02-22 1:52 PM (#178963 - in reply to #148767)

Tourer

Green Bay, WI United States
Just received my "Victory Vision Travel Cover" that I bought from turbobuick. Really like the quality of the material. This cover IMHO is a three quarter cover that goes over the trunk and has elastic straps that attach to the rear floor boards and the front shiftier and brake arms. Just what I was looking for, Thanks turbobuick. maybe you could post your pictures.......

Edited by 8-ball 2016-02-22 2:19 PM
adirondacks
Posted 2016-02-23 8:21 PM (#178971 - in reply to #148767)

Tourer

Troy, NY
Any pics of the covers on your Vision?
8-ball
Posted 2016-02-24 10:50 AM (#178974 - in reply to #148767)

Tourer

Bike is at the dealer right now. Planning on going there tomorrow night for a dyno demo of the new Empulse TT. Will try and get it on the bike if there is enough room and take a picture. Google the Victory Vision Travel Cover, it is the shorter one.....
adirondacks
Posted 2016-02-25 4:44 PM (#178981 - in reply to #148767)

Tourer

Troy, NY
I have the Victory half-cover. Wondering what the others looked like on our Victory Vision's.
8-ball
Posted 2016-02-26 2:19 PM (#178983 - in reply to #148767)

Tourer

What I bought is the half cover after looking more. Will be nice for travel to keep the morning dew off the bike......