Lower Deflectors
point444
Posted 2014-06-02 3:59 PM (#157936)
Subject: Lower Deflectors

Puddle Jumper

All

Mounted the Victory version of these deflectors over the weekend. I have seen a few comments regarding putting holes in the mount for screws. This is absolutely essential, just put the holes in the bracket before you mount the deflectors. On the bottom of the bracket there are a couple of indents, I simply used those mark as reference. I used a M7 screw at about 1.2 inches long, any bigger you might consider counter sinking the hole so it doesn't look stupid. My pic will hopefully come through so you can see. Mount the deflectors as the instructions dictate, once you are done, then drill the holes, and yes be careful with the top hole on both sides, the gas tank is behind the plastic. Right side bottom no problem, left side bottom what a bitch. There is a bracket for the front trim piece, (which you will need to remove) that will get in the way depending on the height of the bracket. Once you get the brackets on you will need to adjust the set screw to stiffen the deflector movement. Word of caution, i thought mine were tight enough, but at 70 the deflectors will open up, so I had to stop and tighten up the screw has my deflectors were pointed towards the heads more so than me.

(photo 4.jpg)

(photo 1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo 4.jpg (66KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments photo 1.jpg (80KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Monkeyman
Posted 2014-06-02 7:08 PM (#157949 - in reply to #157936)
Subject: Re: Lower Deflectors

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Looks good. Few things. First, countersink the holes in the brackets so the bolts don't show. Second, paint the bolt heads black. Third, save up and buy a set of Cycle Ops lowers. They're metal and won't crack at the bolt holes like the originals will (eventually...mine lasted about 18 months). Finally, if you use a longer drill bit for that lower left hole, you can go right around/through that bracket.
Top of the page Bottom of the page