FMC installation - can you beat a cable?
todd b
Posted 2015-03-12 8:06 PM (#170190)
Subject: FMC installation - can you beat a cable?

Puddle Jumper

Watauga, TX United States
Okay then, after my 5 hour ordeal of trying to get those pesky injector clips to mate properly. I have finally installed the Weisco fmc090 on my 2009 Vision. The front injector is a fracking.. (insert sailor expletives here..... keep going........ take a breath.... keep going......whew) to get to. I finally got smarter than the cabling and snipped the ZIPTIE holding it to its braket and WHAAA LA!! 2 mins later front injector installed. new zip tie life is great. Now after all this and getting the FRONT O2 sensor found and connected I am mystified about why i connected those.

1. It is an open loop correct? ( O2 sensor used during warm up only)
2. why would i need to connect them?

I know. i should just drink a beer eat some pizza and quit hurting my brain, but this is puzzling to me and i couldn't let it go any faster than a dog on a soup bone.

If someone could possibly enlighten my addled brain i would be appreciative.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-03-13 6:42 AM (#170198 - in reply to #170190)
Subject: Re: FMC installation - can you beat a cable?

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
O2 sensors should be disconnected when a fuel controller is installed.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-03-13 10:34 AM (#170202 - in reply to #170190)
Subject: RE: FMC installation - can you beat a cable?

Visionary

Jasper, MO
O2 sensors must be disconnected when using a fuel controller. If you do not disconnect them, you will never be able to set the controller correctly since the ECU and the controller will be fighting each other. Disconnecting the O2 sensors puts the ECU into open loop.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2015-03-13 10:36 AM
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-13 5:19 PM (#170214 - in reply to #170190)
Subject: Re: FMC installation - can you beat a cable?

Visionary

all you had to do is pull the panel in front of the seat and the 02 connector plug is right there for the front one. left side panel for the rear one