Vision Comfort Questions
brett081
Posted 2008-10-12 12:18 AM (#20490)
Subject: Vision Comfort Questions

New user

New to post. 39 years of riding everything from Briggs and Straton mini bikes to Electra Glides to Wings.....(we won't discuss that Sportster thing when I was young and stupid)...Saw a new Vision Tour at a bike night and got hooked. Rode a Vision Tour Comfort last Saturday. Fell in love and from the grin on my face, the wife knew we were getting new wheels...Sold my Wing Trike (that I thought would be my toy for a long time) today and I have requested bids from several TX dealers for 08 and 09 models with cb and extended warranty. I plan on installing everything else myself. Besides the shop manual and the Utpoia (which I already ordered), what seems to be the best set up? I already have a Garmin Street Pro that will interface with the Victory factory GPS mount and harness. I need to wire in my Sirius radio so I figure I will need one of the power plugs, although I prefer to direct wire it to a switched connection. I also plan on installing at least one power acc plug (for cell phone emergencies to call a wrecker for my friends who still ride Harleys), wind lowers, hwy pegs and cup holders (wife wants one too). Any input is appreciated....Opinions on 08 vs 09 also appreciated.....I know that the Wing used a lot of Kennedy Electronics wiring interface kits. I figure that JM are the headset folks for this Vision. Now I gotta figure out what wiring is needed to make the other stuff happen. And who seems to have the best deals when ordering goodies?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-10-12 1:39 AM (#20495 - in reply to #20490)
Subject: RE: Vision Comfort Questions

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

The Tour comes with one switched power outlet in the glove compartment on the left side of the "tank", and one in the trunk that is constantly powered.  They are both BMW-style powerlets, meaning that you will need an adapter to plug in your cell phone.  And so are the power outlets that Victory sells for the bike (by the way, the outlets you can install will plug directly into the wiring harness, so there is your switched power supply if you need).  As far as the Sirius connection, the entertainment wiring harness already supports a connection for Victory's XM radio option (the module goes inside a little compartment in the front of the right saddlebag).

I have the J&M headsets and lower cords for my communications package.  No problems with them so far, but then I have only had limited use of the bike since I am temporarily away from Alabama.   Be sure you get the Vision connection from J&M; the HD connection will fit, but the pinouts are different and won't work properly (ask me how I know).

radioteacher
Posted 2008-10-12 11:56 AM (#20523 - in reply to #20490)
Subject: Re: Vision Comfort Questions

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Where are you in Texas?
brett081
Posted 2008-10-12 12:14 PM (#20527 - in reply to #20490)
Subject: Re: Vision Comfort Questions

New user

Radioteacher: I am in Garland (east of Dallas). I sent out bids as far as Austin...I am willing to catch a plane anywhere in the State for the best deals. The road trip home would just be a benefit.

Thanks for the input Lone Ranger. And Thanks for your service. I read a lot of your threads before I sent out my questions.
rdbudd
Posted 2008-10-12 12:31 PM (#20529 - in reply to #20490)
Subject: RE: Vision Comfort Questions

Visionary

Jasper, MO
CycleGadgets is one of the retailers who specialize in touring bike electronics. They have a wide assortment of goodies for the BMW and Goldwing. They are interested in developing/adapting applications for the Vision if there appears to be a market. I've had my bike down there and they are very receptive to the Vision. They said that they are talking to Kennedy Electronics and J&M about the Vision. J&M already has a few items for the Vision. Give them a call and tell them what you are interested in. Plug and play solutions should be just around the corner. http://cyclegadgets.com

Ronnie