Throttle Body Synchronization
TommyGun
Posted 2018-12-17 10:51 AM (#192762)
Subject: Throttle Body Synchronization

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
How come there is no mention of proforming any adjustments? They can?t stay perfectly synced forever. Don?t even recall seeing a routine time in the service manual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
blackpearl
Posted 2018-12-22 12:51 PM (#192767 - in reply to #192762)
Subject: Re: Throttle Body Synchronization

Puddle Jumper

Aww. What are you trying to sync? There are no carbs, it's fuel injected.
TommyGun
Posted 2018-12-30 8:11 AM (#192770 - in reply to #192762)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
Fuel injection doesn?t have anything to do with it. You have 2 independent throttle bodies with their butterflies linked together. Somewhere there has to be a idle air bleed opening on each body. The fuel injector computer (ecu) meters the time the injector is open, throttle position and a few other things. All other bikes that I have worked on that had carbs or fuel injection that had independent throttle butterflies linked together had somewhere to check the vacuum on each cylinder and some type of adjustment.

So if you could, explain your answer in a little more detail so I can understand how the system works.
rdbudd
Posted 2018-12-30 10:34 AM (#192771 - in reply to #192770)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I don't think the Victory has any individual adjustment. The two throttle bodies are housed in a common body, with the two throttle butterflies linked together with a non-adjustable link. A single Idle Air Valve meters idle air to both equally.

There are no adjustment instructions in the Victory manual because there is no adjustment needed. This is not a four cylinder bike with four individual throttle bodies. It is a V-twin with one throttle body containing two butterflies linked together with a non-adjustable link.

You are chasing a non-existent problem.

Ronnie
TommyGun
Posted 2019-01-03 11:52 PM (#192773 - in reply to #192762)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
Thank you Ronnie, that was the answer I was looking for. I was just doing winter maintence and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something