iTunes setup for the Vision
radioteacher
Posted 2009-02-15 12:48 AM (#28304)
Subject: iTunes setup for the Vision

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
When I loaded iTunes in 2009 on my home computer I documented the process.

The result is a 16 page guide on downloading, installing, setting up iTunes, syncing with an iPod nano and other notes I have written or found. The guide is now updated to cover the Visions through the 2011 model.

The guide can be used as a framework to setup iTunes for the Victory Vision. Now you can take full advantage of the Playlists on the iPod/iPhone/iTouch from your 1-12 radio buttons.

Click the link at the bottom of this post "VictoryVision_iPodNotes.pdf" to download the PDF document.

Please send me any corrections or parts that need to be added to the document. I will happy to receive feedback to make it a better document.

Here is some of the new text.

"Charging not supported" problem for 2008 and 2009 Visions

Fix1: Some Vision-Riders, like me, have used the iPhone and iPod Charge Converter adapter with success. The link to get one is listed below. Thanks sjavera for the post on Vision-Riders.com for this cheap fix! http://www.cablejive.com/iphone_3g_charge_converter.html

If you will need an iPod cable for the 2008 and 2009 Victory Vision, here is the old part number. The iPod cable for the Victory Vision iPod Power Cord & Console Link Victory Vision $49.99 Victory Item #: 2876116. This plus the Cablejive charge convertor is less money than the newer charging cable.

Fix2: The easier way to fix the same issue for the 2008 and 2009 Visions is the newer Black cable (part number 2877894) that will charge any iPod/iPhone for $99.99. It has a box in the cable that coverts the voltage and sends it to the correct pin to charge the iPod/iPhone.

You can also run the older iPod Nano's (Generation 3 or older) without a charge adapter on any Vision.

2010 and newer Vision's
Starting with the 2010 year model they came out with a newer radio and a new iPod cable (Part number 2877195). This cable will work with any 2010 or newer Vision with a radio. (Sorry it will not for the stock Vision 8 Ball, no radio)

If you use an iPod with the iPod cable you can do the following from the control cubes:

Switch from the radio sources (AM FM and Weather Band) to the iPod. (This is the same if you have a non iPod mp3 player)
Pause the iPod
Go to the next track on the list
Go to the previous track on the list
Skip forward the next 10 songs on the list
Skip backward to the past songs on the list
Change the volume up and down (Of course you can do this with any mp3 player)

Radio buttons change playlists:
Radio button 1 plays every song on the iPod
Radio buttons 2 - 12 plays the first eleven playlists on the iPod (listed alphabetically)

I have two playlists for the wife the rest are mine.

I named my playlists as listed below:
02 New
03 Most Played
04 Four Star
05 Five Star
06 Classic Rock
07 Rock
08 Road
09 New
10 Theme
11 Top Songs
12 Country

If you have more than 11 playlist's, they do not map to the 12 radio buttons.

My life has a sound track that includes an American V-Twin engine and music of my choice, if I want music at all.

Ride Safe!

Edited by radioteacher 2011-03-28 4:17 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments VictoryVision_iPodNotes.pdf (1472KB - 565 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page