You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2009 model
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

akabubba42
Posted 2008-06-05 12:03 PM (#11437)
Subject: 2009 model

Puddle Jumper

Since I probably won't buy my Vision till next year, I'm curious if there is any news on what may change for the 2009 model year. Has anything leaked out yet?

Thanks,

Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TimS
Posted 2008-06-05 2:15 PM (#11446 - in reply to #11437)
Subject: RE: 2009 model

Iron Butt

Here is an excerpt from the following link.  Looks like retooling for the 2009 models will be within a month or so...

HTH,

Tim 

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/VRA/Insider/BlogFeb24.htm

By Michael Dapper
VRA Page Webmaster

If your travels take you near Spirit Lake, Iowa, home of the Victory Final Assembly plant, this spring, note that April 23 will be the final day that factory tours will be offered until late July (around July 24).

Why? Because the plant will be making any necessary adjustments to the line so they can produce the 2009 models. And once production of the ‘90s begins, the door is closed to the public until the new lineup is introduced at the annual national sales meeting. The new models will be introduced to Victory dealers first – on or about July 24 (we’ll confirm this date for you) – and they are introduced on the Victory website at virtually the same time.

Be patient. The plant will re-open for tours in time for the American Victory Rally, August 15-16. Plus, the 2009 models will be available in Victory Demo Rides at Sturgis and at the American Victory Rally.

Se remember, April 23 is the final day for Spirit Lake plant tours until late July. 

Magic
Posted 2008-06-05 2:52 PM (#11449 - in reply to #11437)

Cruiser

San Antonio, Texas
That's what I'm wondering, too. I think that there may be some changes for the 09's in the Victory line up, but would it really make economic sense for a "retooling" of a bike that's only 1 year old--the Vision? I think (yep, just my opinion here) that the Vision will be basically the same, maybe some new colors and a few software changes, but the bike itself will remain the same until they get "their money's worth" out of the old molds.
Course, if anyone here actually knows different, I'd love to hear it. I'm planning on ordering my Vision in the next two weeks--so, I'm interested about changes that may occur for 09--just don't think that they'll be worth the wait of a couple more months.
Only time will tell........
VisionTex
Posted 2008-06-05 5:25 PM (#11455 - in reply to #11449)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Magic, I think your probably right on with your assumption. One thing I think they will probably do is raise the price a little.
Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-05 8:34 PM (#11464 - in reply to #11437)
Subject: Re: 2009 model

Jacksonville Florida
Hold on Majic. They say that in 09 you will be able to have add ons done at the factory, such as the pipes and all the other goodies that some of the drivers like. this is suppposed to lower the accessorie prices. I would suggest waiting until after the dealers meeting in July. I don't think the design will change.
BATMAN
Posted 2008-06-06 5:04 AM (#11484 - in reply to #11437)

Cruiser

MN.
I'm guessing the custom order program will include the Vision for '09. No major changes besides maybe adding a color, (a nice deep blue would look good) maybe even a couple of two tone colors wouldn't surprise me, nor would a "8 ball" version, which would look pretty sharp IMHO.
RedRider
Posted 2008-06-06 6:03 AM (#11485 - in reply to #11437)

Visionary

The call on continued use of molds seems logical. Look to the past to see the future. Victory had the Classic models for a few years then moved to the Vegas lineup. Now they have the Vision added.
I would like to see a couple of new colors. A few updates. And a 10th year anniversary model. Maybe not the blue and gray with badge of the 50th but I did like those colors.
I believe selling factory installed accessories would be a good move and do it in the Custom Order Program.

I look forward to Victory's future.
Rock Star
Posted 2008-06-06 8:27 AM (#11489 - in reply to #11437)

Cruiser

Park City, Utah
agreed. "tooling" is a term that can not relate to a new model. It's development costs need to be ammortized over years. Changes will be made. I suggested as well to them they offer things like XM, Pipes, chrome parts etc as part of a custom build.I hope that is the case. Saves taking the bike apart again to install. Also looking for a Ness version )))) with great paint.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™