You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

cruise control not turning on
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bikeit02
Posted 2014-05-28 11:20 AM (#157764)
Subject: cruise control not turning on

Puddle Jumper

oskaloosa, IA United States
My cruise is not working at all will not turn on. The on off light works on the switch but the green light will not turn on. The brake lights are all working.

I started the diagnostics testing it failed the first part when you hold the on and set buttons and turn on the ignition key. The green light on the dash should come on but nothing. The test is for the set/dec button circuit Where do I go now?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-05-28 3:36 PM (#157772 - in reply to #157764)
Subject: Re: cruise control not turning on

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Have you made ANY mods to brakes or lighting? Any LEDs?
Iowan
Posted 2014-05-28 5:37 PM (#157774 - in reply to #157764)
Subject: RE: cruise control not turning on

Puddle Jumper

My cruise stopped working towards the end of last season. They ended up putting a new cruise sensor. It was quite a fully involved situation, had to remove the rear tire and get under the motor. It was all covered under warranty so it only cost $50, Hope this helps. Dan
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-05-28 5:46 PM (#157775 - in reply to #157764)

Visionary

cause the red light comes on at the switch doesn't mean the switch is good. Pull the dash and with a meter start testing
bikeit02
Posted 2014-05-28 7:27 PM (#157778 - in reply to #157764)

Puddle Jumper

I had the front forks off to replace the fork seals. when I started riding it this year the cruise would not work. 4 years back I put a 5 led small light brake light on the bike no problems until now.
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2014-05-28 10:14 PM (#157786 - in reply to #157764)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
Remove the switch on the handle bar on the brake side. Spray it with some contact cleaner. Will probably fix the problem.
pollolittle
Posted 2014-05-29 8:21 AM (#157799 - in reply to #157764)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Been through this party before. Wish I had used the search function before typing all this, but oh well. That wasn't a dig on the poster, that was for me for not looking up my previous post of what I had done.

So, hop up on the seat and stand real tall like, it gives you a different perspective of the world you live in. When done admiring the fact that you can still accomplish this feat, let's move right along. On the 2008 models and I'm pretty sure it still covers it, but check anyway. From your tall vantage point look down below the right handlebar, down into the dark crevasse between the fuel tank and the steering stem. You should be able to see the throttle cable going through that area. There is a sensor (or something) on that line, it has an electrical connector on it, ensure it is plugged in / remove / clean / add dielectric grease / and reinstall. NOTE: It is only a spade connector, so there is not much tension to keep it plugged in. High speeds and the air coming through that area could unplug it. I had to crimp mine a bit to get a good snug fit. But if no plugged in no worky. If you need a another snapshot of the world around you, hop back up on the seat and take a peek. Otherwise, wave and help somebody else the next time.
cw1115
Posted 2014-05-29 4:47 PM (#157814 - in reply to #157764)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Mine gave me trouble last year. It was loose battery terminal. Same as yours, red light came on but cruise wouldn't engage. Check the simple stuff first.
bikeit02
Posted 2014-05-29 9:41 PM (#157820 - in reply to #157764)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for that information I will check it out. I did do a search but could not find this type of information. I do remember seeing some spade connectors in that area when I put my radio back in place. I am not that good with a computer I just do the best that i can. thanks again Dale.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-05-29 9:44 PM (#157821 - in reply to #157764)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I had my cruise stop working right after a heavy rain storm. I had places to go so I just did the manual throttle thing and made my trip. 2 days later when things had finally dried out properly the cruise was working again. I need a solid rain storm again when I don't have any commitments and I will be able to check each sensor like the clutch, both brakes, etc. to find and seal up my problem area.

Bashcars
Posted 2014-05-31 4:26 PM (#157862 - in reply to #157764)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
Same thing happened to me as Oldman47, except mine was after the dealer washed my bike from some service. After it dryed out, no problem. Has not returned even in rain.
Boots
Posted 2014-05-31 6:23 PM (#157865 - in reply to #157764)

Tourer

New Mexico
I've had mine fail 3 times. First and third times was the front brake switch. Do your brake lights come on when you apply the front brakes? If not, is probably that switch.
Second time was a major ordeal (like Iowan above). Dealer replaced some major part in the cruise system and fixed the problem.
senior
Posted 2014-06-06 12:05 PM (#158121 - in reply to #157764)

Puddle Jumper

Lum, MI United States
Any thing to do with the brake lights or switchs will cause the exact issue your having. The dealer installed my trailer hitch and when doing so tapped into the harness under the seat for the trailer lights. The used wire taps which I would never use because they tend to cut the wire after some time fron virbration. After only 2500 miles from install the cruse had stop working on a trip and when i used the blinkers the hazards would flash instead. Upon looking into the issue at a motel at the end of the days ride i found the wire tapps were cutting through all but a couple strands of wire in the brake light wire and blinker wire. How I knew there was a problIm was every time I used the blinker the hazards came on. After fixing the problem the cruse worked again
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™