You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Utopia backrest
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

mkultra
Posted 2008-07-22 3:27 PM (#14074 - in reply to #11969)
Subject: Re: Utopia backrest

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Got mine installed last Saturday and am real impressed. Also i like being able to change positions of the backrest on the fly. Heck you can lean forward to take the pressure off of it and turn the thumbscrew in or out allowing you to alter your riding position. I am really liking this. Oh and i found my filet knife worked much better than the serrated knife i had.

mike v
Top of the page Bottom of the page
flint350
Posted 2008-07-22 8:23 PM (#14111 - in reply to #11969)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
Got mine from the UPS truck this afternoon as promised. I haven't installed it yet, but it sure looks good. Just sitting it on the seat, you can't tell it isn't a factory add-on. Looks very high quality. Surgery is planned, but the Dr. is nervous about cutting into the seat in the wrong place and not having the holes line up or something green and gooey start coming out when it shouldn't.
space_cwboy
Posted 2008-07-22 10:29 PM (#14146 - in reply to #11969)

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
flint350 -

Take your time, do a little measuring and marking before cutting, to properly center the hole. Mine took about 20-30 minutes start to finish, and I was relieved at how easy it was. I'm actually in the Baltimore area until Friday morning, so if you need any questions answered, or some advise, give me a shout. I'm down in the Greenbelt area, at the Goddard Space Flight Center. They don't call me "space_cwboy" for nothin'!!!!

Edited by space_cwboy 2008-07-22 10:30 PM
david.terry
Posted 2008-09-04 11:16 PM (#17549 - in reply to #14074)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
Installed my backrest and it was a simple install. I turned the inside of the seat upside down and it fits me much better. I just unzipped the cover, removed the back plate and fliped the seat core upside down, and reinstalled. I'm 5'6" and the original fit hit my shoulder blades, after flipping the seat things are much better. It took a day or two to get the fee of the new seat but now it is just perfect. My first long ride will be next week from Clarksville, TN to St. Louis, MO. A nice four or five hour drive. I can really tell a difference and it is a very nice addition to the bike. The leather is a perfect match and looks OEM. Well worth the price. Don't worry about cutting the seat they supply a little plastic thingy that covers the slit in the leather. I have the heated seats and after the install everything works fine.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-09-05 1:20 PM (#17556 - in reply to #11969)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I've been riding with mine for about a month now (about 1500 miles), and it has been great!

I am curious about whether anyone has any experience with the new Victory back rest, and how it compares with the Utopia. No, I don't have any thoughts of changing, especially since the Utopia is really well constructed and is so comfortable (not to mention I just put it on); I'm just curious.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™