You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Headlight halo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-16 11:25 AM (#183995)
Subject: Headlight halo

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Just messing around yesterday I've had a vision now since 2008. Actually I found two of them. I usually don't keep a motorcycle that long. But recently when I test drove other touring motorcycles including the Indian I did not like what I was writing so I decided to keep my vision. But because I've owned it for so long I'm feeling the need to rejuvenate certain aspects of owning it. Most people won't like what I'm doing to it and that's okay. But I just thought I would share a couple pictures either way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2016-05-16 2:38 PM (#183998 - in reply to #183995)
Subject: Re: Headlight halo

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
pics, where are the pics?
jimtom
Posted 2016-05-17 7:58 AM (#184013 - in reply to #183995)
Subject: RE: Headlight halo

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I'm interested in this too.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-17 8:48 AM (#184014 - in reply to #183995)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
sorry ... guys every picture i tried to upload just didnt work..

i dont know if these links will work for ya or not..

ljurgens
Posted 2016-05-17 10:22 AM (#184015 - in reply to #183995)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Cool ! Step by step instructions please :-)
X-Magna
Posted 2016-05-17 10:30 AM (#184016 - in reply to #184015)

Puddle Jumper

Birmingham, AL United States
That's a great add-on!!
Love to know what led ring you used.

Thanks for sharing.

-----
2011 Pearl White Vision
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-17 5:54 PM (#184028 - in reply to #183995)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I don't really have step by step instructions. I really made it happen by trial and error ..but .. everything was purchased from, superbrightleds.com the exhaust lights are 60mm. And halo headlight is 120mm

I had to remove the headlight lens by putting it in the oven I did this at 255 degrees for 10 minutes then I believe I had to put it in for another five minutes. I put it directly on the rack with no heat. To reattach the headlight lens to the frame of the headlight I used ribbon sealer from Pepboys it's the same stuff used to seal a windshield to the car.

To mount the 60 millimeter RED Halo LEDs to the exhaust I use a Dremel and slowly honed the inside of the Gatling gun tips. I only had to shave millimeters for the tips to fit in. The lights are mounted to the tips not to the muffler. I decided to mount it to the tip for no other reason than there would be less heat on the tip then there would be on the muffler and I found this to be true by taking a test ride, turning the vision off and actually sticking my fingers inside and on the tips without burning them at all. Wow I had to headlight apart, I decided before I mounted the LED Halo that I thought I should Paint It Black. To give it a little bit more of a custom look. Which I'm very glad I did exclamation point I really like the black and headlight a lot more it matches the black big piece above the headlight.. I connected both the exhaust lights and the Halo headlight to a fused lighted switch that I had on the left side saddlebag I put it on a switch just in case for some reason I would need to turn them off I couldn't think of a reason but I thought it would be good to have options. And I made sure it was a lighted switch that way there's no misunderstanding if it was on or off.

pollolittle
Posted 2016-05-17 9:51 PM (#184029 - in reply to #183995)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Very cool. I really dig the exhaust tips ring. It sure sounds like you need another bike in the stable while you work on this one. I just thought what if it had some kind of auto dimmer / brightener that did different patterns. Like rpm related .
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-18 8:14 AM (#184033 - in reply to #183995)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
The altering of a red light is illegal in my state only because the light is red. Example flashing , or dimming up and down .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™