You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Poll The Vision is...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

The Vision is...
OptionResults
? Out of date and Victory will drop it from the lineup in next year
? Will stay in the lineup for 2yrs until parts are depleted
? Viable, with no plans to make it competitive with other brands
? Will be redesigned next year to exceed feature updates like Indian

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-08-01 4:01 PM (#187941)
Subject: The Vision is...

Fountain Inn, SC United States
This poll is to get a sense from Vision Owners on how they rate Victory Motorcycles' model year development/enhancements with respect to their competition (Harley, Indian, Honda, etc.). The results will help those in the market for a new bike get a sense of whether the Vision in particular, and Victory in general, is competitive and how well Victory listens to its customers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-01 5:26 PM (#187942 - in reply to #187941)
Subject: Re: The Vision is...

Visionary

there is nothing about victory line up. Question is all about the vision
Davet
Posted 2016-08-02 3:55 AM (#187947 - in reply to #187941)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
If indeed making a comparison with competition offerings (Honda/Indian/Harley/,,,). Where's the question? Like, will your next motorcycle purchase be a: 'Wing, Road Master, Ultra, or Vision?

Edited by Davet 2016-08-02 3:57 AM
varyder
Posted 2016-08-02 4:23 AM (#187948 - in reply to #187941)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I think Victory will do what they want to do like they've done for the past 17 years.
RedRider
Posted 2016-08-02 4:44 AM (#187949 - in reply to #187941)

Visionary

I am hoping they do a revamp of the Vision for next year. Then a beautiful 20th Anniversary model with all the bells and whistles. Also for the 20th they will bring back the V92C completely updated but with that perfect classic look only they had.
Bear13
Posted 2016-08-02 10:31 AM (#187951 - in reply to #187941)

Puddle Jumper

So... the options are 1) doom, 2) gloom, 3) depression, or 4) excessive optimism?

I vote #5... "Meh." And I have a Vision.
rdbudd
Posted 2016-08-02 2:57 PM (#187952 - in reply to #187951)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Bear13 - 2016-08-02 10:31 AM

So... the options are 1) doom, 2) gloom, 3) depression, or 4) excessive optimism?

I vote #5... "Meh." And I have a Vision.

LOL!!

How about those Goldwing riders who have been predicting a new Goldwing for about a decade now, but are still riding a design that was last updated in 2001. Other than some plastic bodywork redesign to emulate the styling of the Vision, and a stripped bagger version to emulate the Victory Vision Street, there has been no real change in that bike. In fact, I know where a 2010 Goldwing is that had 2014 rear plastic put on it after a mishap. It apparently bolts right on.

The Honda guys have been happily buying and riding the same old machine for 16 years.

The Vision is every bit the Goldwing's equal. And, it is only a 9 year old design. The Goldwing isn't going away, and neither is the Vision. They are both the flagships for their brand.

And, I already have a Vision.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2016-08-02 2:59 PM
Jimbo62
Posted 2016-08-02 8:15 PM (#187953 - in reply to #187941)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
I think I would consider a 20th anniversary model Vision. I would custom order lighted badges though.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-08-03 9:20 AM (#187965 - in reply to #187951)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Agree Bear13, there should've been another option:

#5: "Viable and Competitive. A solid place in the Victory lineup for the foreseeable future."

My bad for its absence.
rdbudd
Posted 2016-08-03 9:22 AM (#187966 - in reply to #187965)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Jedi Jeff - 2016-08-03 9:20 AM

Agree Bear13, there should've been another option:

#5: "Viable and Competitive. A solid place in the Victory lineup for the foreseeable future."

My bad for its absence.

There you go. Try another survey with that option.

Ronnie
taz456
Posted 2016-08-03 9:42 AM (#187967 - in reply to #187941)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I vote for option 5 as well. I love my Vision and it doesn't matter what Victory does with it in the future, I will have my 2009 forever. I might even buy another one but I will not trade the 09 in on it. If I had to do all over again, I would have bought a second Vision when I bought the Hammer and had one for 2 up riding and one set up with the street version, without the trunk mounted for my everyday scoot for work.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-04 1:53 PM (#187990 - in reply to #187941)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I can't believe how old and out dated the radio seems to be to what is now out in 2016.
ScoreBo
Posted 2016-08-05 8:07 AM (#188001 - in reply to #187941)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I just sold my 2015 40th Anniversary Gold Wing as it just wasn't as good as my 2011 Vision. The reason? The electronics and wind protection. If you wear helmets with headsets, our radio is far superior to the Gold Wing as we have separate audio volume for the rider and passenger (this applies to radio, CB and Intercom) and our intercom has a voice activated switch instead of being on all the time like the Wing . Couple the open intercom with less than stellar wind protection and all I heard thru the helmets was the sound of passenger buffeting.

Regarding the Vision - I heard from a reliable source that Victory only sold ~500 Visions last year. With numbers like that, I don't think the Vision will be around much longer. From a business standpoint, I don't see how it makes sense to produce. I also heard that Indian is outselling Victory almost 3:1. On the website, it appears that the 2017 Vision is the same as the 2016.

There is really only two things I would love to see on the Vision (if Victory is listening):

1. Central Locking - just like BMW and Honda. Give us a remote to lock the bike down.
2. Electronically adjustable rear suspension - I know a lot of us just set it on 2-up and forget it. When riding solo it isn't the most comfortable when you hit a big bump preloaded like that.

John
taz456
Posted 2016-08-05 11:03 AM (#188002 - in reply to #187941)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I hear a lot of people complain about the electronics and locks. I admit that both would be nice. But if they updated those 2 items and even added a compressor for adjustable shock, I am still gonna keep my 09 and not even consider buying the new one. If they make the changes to the bags and storage that everyone else complains about, I do not thing the bike would be as nimble and agile, so again I would lean to keeping my 09.

the best part about my 09 is that it was paid off in two years, nothing Victory can add to the Vision can overcome the freedom of only paying for fuel and insurance and these bikes are not expensive to upkeep except for the tires.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-05 10:25 PM (#188011 - in reply to #187941)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not shocked they only sold 500 last year ... at first the vision was cutting edge .. that is not even close to that case now ... futurist body work doesn't mean your cutting edge .. even the head light is dated .. victory updates all the headlights except the vision. Updates the radios and completely goes over the top with Indian.. how many years has this radio been put now ? In 2017 no bluetooth?? Really ?? I made my own and it works great but still ... don't get me wrong I love my vision ..the vision I own as of 2016, which is hardly stock .... between adding 6.5 inch speakers and amps and Bluetooth and then mbw leds front and rear etc ... but in Stock form.... the vision has been practically stamped out of the same mold for almost a decade ......... alot of things had changed in 10 years.... lol how hard would it have been for them to at least update the headlight to led..... they say the vision doesn't sell well now a days.... you know why? Cause it's NOW set up to fail.... customers see these features lacking.? Would you buy a new car in 2016 with a cassette player ? Or just a am fm radio ? With no bluetooth options or usb port for a flash drive for gigs worth of mp3s.? .. but like I said , my radio now is amazing ... loud, clean, and Bluetooth opened my world to a much larger faster way to enjoy multi formats of music... my vision is paid for and guess what ... I Still have it . For a reason .. I love it! Like a fat kid loves cake ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™