You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Flashing radio light
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Jeddo
Posted 2016-09-19 9:34 PM (#188965)
Subject: Flashing radio light

Puddle Jumper

Thumb, MI United States
When I got home from my last few rides, I key off the bike and the radio console light remains on, actually flashing or strobing. I went back out to the garage 12 hours after my ride tonight to find it still flashing. I disconnected the battery and other accessories and reconnected only the bikes 12 volt wire and the light continued to flash. The bike runs fine and everything works perfectly. Has anyone had this problem?Could this be a faulty relay. Any ideas are appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-20 6:26 PM (#188985 - in reply to #188965)
Subject: Re: Flashing radio light

Visionary

guessing you ing switch is not shutting off all power to bike. You're going to have to pull the dash panel and with test meter check connections.

for the hell of it. When you tun bike off and light flickers put the kill switch to off and see what that does.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-09-21 2:40 PM (#189005 - in reply to #188965)
Subject: RE: Flashing radio light

Cruiser

When I first bought my 2010 Vision in '13, the previous owner told me there was a short in the radio, so he'd pulled the 25 amp fuse. I got the bike home, put the fuse back in, expecting to hear a short when I hit a bump or something. Nothing of the sort...it worked fine, so I put the bike in the garage and learned the that pretty blue backlight stayed lit even with the bike off. I personally don't like to hear a bike pass me with the radio playing so I simply pulled the fuse and forgot about it for a year.

I put the fuse back in a year later and it works fine now...shuts off when the bike is off as it should. I still don't listen to it but it made me suspect there was a bad (or poor ground/connection) somewhere and a years worth of "wear" improved the connection./short/whatever and took care of the issue. That might be why the guy I bought the bike from threw in a set of jumper cables too...but it's worked fine for the last 2 years.
Jeddo
Posted 2016-09-22 8:24 AM (#189018 - in reply to #188965)

Puddle Jumper

Thumb, MI United States
Thanks to both for a reply, I will try the on- off switch to see if that turns the light off, also I will pull the console and check the wires for shorts in the ignition and radio wires. These thoughts are helpful in helping me to think out of the box. I have already changed many accessory electrical connections thinking it was my work or materials that were causing this. So far no results. Seems like blue radio light staying on is a pretty rare problem. Is there an ignition relay that may be malfunctioning when key off?
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-22 5:21 PM (#189021 - in reply to #188965)

Visionary

with a meter you can check power with key off. If there is no power then relay is not the cause
Jeddo
Posted 2016-10-04 7:41 AM (#189171 - in reply to #188965)

Puddle Jumper

Thumb, MI United States
Thanks to both for a reply, I will try the on- off switch to see if that turns the light off, also I will pull the console and check the wires for shorts in the ignition and radio wires. These thoughts are helpful in helping me to think out of the box. I have already changed many accessory electrical connections thinking it was my work or materials that were causing this. So far no results. Seems like blue radio light staying on is a pretty rare problem. Is there an ignition relay that may be malfunctioning when key off?
Jeddo
Posted 2016-10-04 7:54 AM (#189172 - in reply to #188965)

Puddle Jumper

Thumb, MI United States
I rewired a new fuse panel for all the circuits and installed a relay to the panel to power on only when bike is running. The problem exists even when all my new circuits are shut off. I simply pulled the radio fuse as a temporary fix. I will soon follow previous suggestions and pull the console panel and check wiring for shorts. I originally assumed my wiring was the problem now I think that the radio wiring is the cause, perhaps I pinched to much in to little space. Everything but the radio works perfectly, I was a little surprised however that I am the only one to ever have this issue. The ignition switch turned off does not make the light turn off.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™