You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Clutch / Oil pressure issue
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bohica
Posted 2017-06-27 6:06 PM (#192040)
Subject: Clutch / Oil pressure issue

Puddle Jumper

I had something weird happen after a 350 mile ride. When I pull the clutch lever, the oil pressure light comes on. I can barely apply pressure and it will come on, and as soon as I release, it goes off. I can "flick" the lever, and the light will flicker on and off at the same rate. I checked the oil level, and its fine. Bike has 1300 miles on it since last service. Weird, I know. Any ideas? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jdr00ejr
Posted 2017-06-30 8:59 AM (#192047 - in reply to #192040)
Subject: RE: Clutch / Oil pressure issue

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
I had the EXACT same problem after I was working on the bike. Totally freaked me out. Finally realized what happened. Check to see if the Oil Pressure Wire is binding in the Clutch Slave Cylinder. For me - I had moved the slave cylinder checking on something and apparently when I put it back the oil pressure wire got caught. It was basically pinching the wire every time the clutch lever was even slightly applied. I was able to move wire back out of the way and the problem instantly went away.
Bohica
Posted 2017-07-01 10:08 AM (#192048 - in reply to #192040)
Subject: Re: Clutch / Oil pressure issue

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the reply. I had my tires replaced yesterday and while it was on the lift, I traced the wire coming from the OPS and found exactly that. I had just flushed the clutch fluid and the wire was stuck behind the "head" of the slave cylinder! Thanks again.
jdr00ejr
Posted 2017-07-03 6:58 AM (#192051 - in reply to #192040)
Subject: Re: Clutch / Oil pressure issue

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
Happy to help! Glad you traced it down.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™