You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Windshield rubbing against dash
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2017-11-04 9:50 AM (#192334)
Subject: Windshield rubbing against dash

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I've noticed that my windshield is fully in the down position, it is rubbing against the dash on one side. The other side has about 3/4" clearance. To investigate further I disassembled the shield and its cast aluminum frame. That's when I noticed that the curve of the frame is not the same (left vs right side). The right side of the frame has a steeper curve than the left. This explains why the right side rubs.

Does anyone else have this issue? If not, I'll assume I have a defective windshield frame. Has anyone found a workaround other than getting a replacement frame ($108 if still available).

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2017-11-04 9:53 AM (#192335 - in reply to #192334)
Subject: RE: Windshield rubbing against dash

Here's the frame lying upside down on my bench. You can see that the right side is higher than the other side.
Puzzling!

(IMG_3041.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3041.jpg (40KB - 0 downloads)
BumbleDB
Posted 2017-11-04 7:58 PM (#192337 - in reply to #192334)
Subject: Re: Windshield rubbing against dash

Cruiser

Mine used to do that. I always figured something needed aligning in the upper fairing. I have a new dash piece that I plan to put in 'someday,' for now I have added two stop bumpers that keep the windshield from going far enough down to rub the dash piece. Not much, just enough to keep it from rubbing. Hey, come to think of it, my rubbing problem was worse on the left side. Hmmm....

Edit: my sides only differ by maybe 1/4" Both sides actually rub a little, but the right side grooved the dash plastic, deep.

Edited by BumbleDB 2017-11-04 8:02 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-11-05 1:29 PM (#192338 - in reply to #192334)
Subject: Re: Windshield rubbing against dash

Visionary

on my ness flip windshield. Each time I raise it and lower it one side will go down farther then the other side. Then next time it will be the otherside..
Never could find the problem. I know the motor is not cheap
lennyb
Posted 2017-11-06 7:11 AM (#192341 - in reply to #192335)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Jeff,

From your photograph, it looks like the bracket has a twist in it rather than a bend. You might do best by trying to find one from a scrapper posting on ebay.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2017-11-06 10:05 AM (#192342 - in reply to #192334)

I'll be looking online for a replacement but in the meantime, I added a black rubber garden hose washer (approx 1/8" thick) to the two rightside outboard fasteners on the windshield. The brings the windshield up about 3/8" from the dash and no longer scrapes. It'a a cheap fix and is hardly noticeable.

Thanks for the responses!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™