You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bewary of center stand for 08/09 Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

todd b
Posted 2018-07-23 9:30 PM (#192643)
Subject: Bewary of center stand for 08/09 Vision

Puddle Jumper

Watauga, TX United States
Hey boys and girls. I ordered a Vision center stand for my 09 with freedom aftermarket pipes. First of all if you do have two these true duals. DON'T buy this thing. Since you don't get a return with WD you are kinda 'f'd. trying to attacha pic that shows this thing is kinda wonky after i installed it. I appears to be shifted right in the pic like it was bent before i had it shipped to me. Its easy a cake to install two bolts and you are done.

It takes two men and child to drag this efer up on the center stand. even when i tried to adjust the feet it was still difficult and i could not get it to align left side to right side without turning one all the way up and other almost all the way down. That wouldn't work due to the bloody feet being one side clear of the bottom of the tire and the other one is so far up the bike tips over.

Cornering, i call bullshit on the wont interfere with corning. I have dragged both sides of this thing for the week i had it installed. It takes two men and child to drag this efer up on the center stand. For those of us who do scrape our vision driver pegs when we corner. hahaha this thing drags all the way thru a lefty before my left side peg does.

Anyway. I seriously recommend you stay away from this thing. it isnt worth it. since you cant return the fkn thing after you tried to install it.

(vic center stand.jpg)

(center ctand left foot alignment.jpg)

(center ctand right foot alignment.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments vic center stand.jpg (85KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments center ctand left foot alignment.jpg (49KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments center ctand right foot alignment.jpg (49KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2018-07-28 6:20 AM (#192651 - in reply to #192643)
Subject: RE: Bewary of center stand for 08/09 Vision

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Man, sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. I had been considering looking into getting one. Thanks for the warning. Seem to recall reading that one which was being sold on ebay worked well.
Travelin Man
Posted 2018-11-27 8:36 PM (#192747 - in reply to #192643)
Subject: Re: Bewary of center stand for 08/09 Vision

Iron Butt

I had the once offered Victory accessory centerstand on my old '08 Vision and while I didn't have it on long enough to find out if it scraped, it twisted the fourth time I put the bike up on it and the bike nearly fell over on the right side. The stand completely bent however, I do know that the Witch Doctor's stand is built in a lot heavier duty fashion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™