You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Brakes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

rainryder II
Posted 2019-08-19 4:44 PM (#192919)
Subject: Brakes

Cruiser

Are there any upgrades for the mediocre brakes on my '10 Vision 8 Ball?
To say they're lacking in response and bite is an understatement. That and the back brakes need bleeding again. WTF??
Better pads, Gold Wing caliber calipers and discs I don't know, just something better that doesn't make every red light such a chore
Thanks in advance,
Russ
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bones
Posted 2019-08-20 10:28 PM (#192920 - in reply to #192919)
Subject: Re: Brakes

Puddle Jumper

Rossville, IL
Something sounds seriously wrong with the brakes. My ?09 will stop on a dime and pick it up. I do have to bleed the rear brake every so often, but it?s simple to do with the middle bleeder screw on the front caliper. I know I can fix it with the updated brake line, but it?s pretty pricey and brake fluid is cheap. I?ve tried Lyndal brake pads and others, but always go back to stock. I would suspect that either the linked rear brake isn?t bled correctly or someone replaced the rear pads and let the retainer clip slip out of position. When that happens, both pads don?t apply evenly on the rotor and it?s scary trying to get stopped.
rainryder II
Posted 2019-08-21 3:14 PM (#192924 - in reply to #192919)
Subject: Re: Brakes

Cruiser

Thanks for the tip. I think there's a tire back under there somewhere, I'll get down and look.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™