You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

new to me 2011 Vision review
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Vision ReviewsMessage format

Allaire5
Posted 2012-03-26 4:36 PM (#110882)
Subject: new to me 2011 Vision review

Puddle Jumper

Hi
New to this site and new to Victory. 10 days ago purchased a 2011 Vision demo with 6k on it. Love most things about the bike. Traded my 08 Electra Glide, not an easy decision. Loved the look of my Harley but with the kind of miles I put on decided it was in my best interest to try a Victory. Plus couldnt go through another hot summer with the HD. So far have put on 1600 miles and here are my thoughts so far:

Things I like:
The bike handles great, just dives into corners. Much better than HD. Twisties are my thing, so big advantage. Feels like a 900 lb sport bike
The bike is more comfortable than HD. 8 hours at a time in the saddle with less monkey butt
Much more power than the HD. Noticeable torque upgrade
Like the electric windshield, heated grips and seats
Got a 5 year warranty
Love how the IPOD is integrated into the dash.
Love how much easier the bike is to maintain the fluids
Like the front lighting

Things I like less:
Like I said, I loved the look of my Harley and am lukewarm to the looks of the Vision, but the above things are much more important to me. Took the trunk off and I think it improves the appearance
I think the engine is a little loud, chattery going through the gears and maybe thats just getting used to the bike.Normal? Seems like you have to keep the RPMs up more to keep from lugging. Normal?
Transmission is clunky but not much more than HD
I've only ridden as high as 85 degrees and the engine was hotter than I thought it would be but not as hot as HD.
Wish the saddlebags were bigger or a better design.
A lot of the plastic parts seem cheaply made.
I upgraded right away to Kicker speakers and they are just ok. Wish I had looked around more at others
The parts are very expensive. $400 for a trunk rack, really! I have to find some thing that I can make fit, maybe a Goldwing. No way was I paying 1k for the Vic cb. I'll put on a J&M when I can afford it
Wish there was a better option for highway pegs. The under mount ones arent far out enough for my long legs.
Wish they had made the trunk lighting to include brakes and turn signals. Anyone done this?
Wish the kickstand was longer

My cons list probably looks longer but as I said, the important thinks to me are handling, comfort, longevity & power and hands down this bike is better than HD. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear em. I guess my biggest concern is the sound of the engine but maybe thats because the bike is so quiet compared to my HD with Rheinhart pipes. You know just seems kind of chattery

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™