You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Kioti
Posted 2013-08-31 12:12 PM (#143881 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: Re: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
I got the same prepared statement call, you could tell he was reading a script. He claimed to be a Vision owner and didn't feel the fender was an issue. I asked if he was married and how he will feel when his fender cracks and possibly injured his passenger or himself. He had no comment other than to go back to the script. I guess this will be my last Victory AND I will be talking them down to anyone who asks.

Edited by Kioti 2013-08-31 12:21 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-31 12:52 PM (#143884 - in reply to #143881)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN

Kioti - 2013-08-31 1:12 PM

I guess this will be my last Victory AND I will be talking them down to anyone who asks.

This will be my last Victory, too, but I'm not talking it down to anyone.  I've been telling people that it's a damn fine motorcycle with a FATAL FLAW.  Then I explain to them what the flaw is.  They can decide for themselves if they want to buy the bike.  I know a couple of guys who were all set to buy a new Vision who have since purchased other bikes (one bought a new Harley Water Hog and the other bought a Gold Wing).  They had the money to "fix" the fender but decided like I (and others) did that it was more an issue of corporate attitude than the actual fender issue.  One said, "If they won't bother with this, what else won't they bother with?".

southjerseyrider
Posted 2013-09-03 5:17 AM (#144045 - in reply to #143884)

Tourer

Vineland, NJ United States
can the black plastic portion be replaced without removing the front tire? 
Boots
Posted 2013-09-03 6:19 AM (#144048 - in reply to #144045)

Tourer

New Mexico
southjerseyrider - 2013-09-03 4:17 AM

can the black plastic portion be replaced without removing the front tire??

Can't tell for sure, but looks like it. See pics in this thread.
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14354&po...

Edited by Boots 2013-09-03 6:19 AM
sarvbill
Posted 2013-09-03 7:06 AM (#144050 - in reply to #144045)

Cruiser

Chesterfield, VA

southjerseyrider - 2013-09-03 6:17 AM can the black plastic portion be replaced without removing the front tire? 

The answer is yes.  Remove the top pins from the back plastic fender, remove the front half and then you remove the back half bolts and slide the rear fender portion out. 

My rear front fender also cracked - on the right side.  I removed it and repaired the crack with some JB weld and then strengthened both sides of the fender using a method similar to Chris (VA Ryder) with some metal strapping.  A few bucks and about an hour of work.  Do I think Victory and Polaris should step up and do the right thing as far as fixing the fender issue - Absolutely.  Will this in anyway sway me from getting another Victory, or talking trash about the bike - Absolutely NOT.

IndyVision
Posted 2013-09-03 11:21 AM (#144059 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

+1 Bill.

I'm not happy about this issue, and I plan to ask about it at the next AVR. Victory has stepped up to the plate and issued recalls in the past, so I'm suprised at this. If you dig deep enough, I believe you will find all motorcycle companies have had a "fatal flaw" on a certain models that were not addressed. Like I said, I'm suprised Victory hasn't responed to this based on past recalls. Victory issued recalls on the early Visions before I heard anybody post a thread. In 2009, I went to the AVR and had a chance to talk with an engineer about the Vision. I asked about a few items that I had submitted a claim on and there were denied. He told me my claim shouldn't have been denied and that the initial claims go through a service departmentand that screens the claims. He said many of the engineers didn't like the fact that they didn't have direct contact concerning claim information.
Riverdawg
Posted 2013-09-12 1:21 PM (#144420 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: RE: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Cruiser

Camas Washington
Was at a friends last night who has a 2011 Vision Trike, She was helping me replace my bulbs (small hands) out of the blue she says by the way my back fender is cracked and I taped it up. She has not been paying attention to the VMC forms lately thus she did not know about the issue. She called Polairs of Portland and they are going to charge her to fix. I told her tell them they pay for it and print out all the post going on. As more Visions age this is becoming a major probelm. I also told her to file a complaint with the NSTA.
Cochrane
Posted 2013-09-15 11:44 PM (#144527 - in reply to #143680)

Puddle Jumper

Yep, happened to me today. Read my post. I'm stronger than the average guy and I had to crank my steering pretty hard to make a corner. Damned near ended up under a truck. I'm really pissed that Victory is dodging this. How the hell do they expect to grow in the market place by avoiding what is clearly their issue.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-09-16 7:00 AM (#144535 - in reply to #144420)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Riverdawg - 2013-09-12 1:21 PM

Was at a friends last night who has a 2011 Vision Trike, She was helping me replace my bulbs (small hands) out of the blue she says by the way my back fender is cracked and I taped it up. She has not been paying attention to the VMC forms lately thus she did not know about the issue. She called Polairs of Portland and they are going to charge her to fix. I told her tell them they pay for it and print out all the post going on. As more Visions age this is becoming a major probelm. I also told her to file a complaint with the NSTA.

yeah if she has a trike she can pretty much forget about Victory ever warrantying anything related to body work (fender) even though we know its a issue, they will say she highly modified her Vision..
Nozzledog
Posted 2013-09-16 12:24 PM (#144551 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Come on guys, this is obviously a wear and tear item. That's why Victory and every other motorcycle manufacturer puts a replacement mileage recommendation in the user manual for front fenders.
Doesn't the pretrip inspection recommendations also state you should remove your front wheel before each ride to inpect you fender for cracking?
I think Vic is well in the right on this, just hope I don't bleed too much sarcasm.
Riverdawg
Posted 2013-09-16 1:11 PM (#144554 - in reply to #144535)

Cruiser

Camas Washington
She got Victory to cover the cost of the fender, guess Victory is doing it on the low-down. However the assH*#e dealership which is Polaris of Portland charged her $50 to fix it even though she was having a new front tire put on. With the tire off its like a 5 minute job. Guess they just wanted to take advantage of someone.
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-09-16 6:26 PM (#144563 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Even with the tire on, it's about a 5 minute job.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-16 6:40 PM (#144566 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

How are you going to report this to Victory?
Cochrane
Posted 2013-09-16 8:58 PM (#144579 - in reply to #144551)

Puddle Jumper

Good one! Funny as hell. If I were a Victory Rep making that statement about normal wear I know my face would turn several shades of red. The local Victory shop here is closed Mondays so I'll go down and talk to them tomorrow and see how far I get.
Cochrane
Posted 2013-09-16 9:28 PM (#144581 - in reply to #143276)

Puddle Jumper

I signed the petition and donated today.
Chef John
Posted 2013-09-16 10:48 PM (#144583 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Delray Beach, FL United States
I signed
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-03-22 6:03 AM (#171393 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
so what was ever the outcome of doing this?
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-22 6:04 PM (#171405 - in reply to #171393)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2015-03-22 6:03 AM so what was ever the outcome of doing this?

in the front of your owners book is a listing for the national hwy safty tell them thats what we did

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™