You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-20 3:24 PM (#143276)
Subject: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
Attention Victory Owners - Especially Vision Riders....many of you are aware of the fender issue with the Vision. We all agree that Victory needs to recall this front fender and offer the Vision community with a one piece metal version that will not break and lock up your steering. Here is another way to voice your opinion. Victory's response or lack thereof is important to the ENTIRE Victory community. Please go on line and sign this petition....it may help us get the message out to the Executives at Victory: SHARE IT WITH EVERY VICTORY OWNER YOU KNOW!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/victory-vision-fender-recall/

Top of the page Bottom of the page
baadawg
Posted 2013-08-20 3:36 PM (#143277 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: Re: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
This is past due, glad I didn't think of it sooner!
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-08-20 7:07 PM (#143285 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Go to Victory face book page and complain
if enough of us Post they might do something
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-20 7:18 PM (#143288 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

I sent mine in tonight...Good idea and I hope it has great success...$25 is a small price to pay if Victory has the "balls" to address this serious safety issue...I will be at Dick Scott's Classic Cycles in Livonia, MI. this coming week-end to help with the 2-day demo rides and will talk with anyone willing to listen about this fender problem....I will also continue to encourage any Vision riders/owners that I see to join the movement to get this fixed before someone gets seriously hurt or killed......
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-20 8:39 PM (#143292 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I signed.........
marcparnes
Posted 2013-08-20 11:01 PM (#143299 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Me too.

Marc
Chef John
Posted 2013-08-20 11:20 PM (#143301 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Delray Beach, FL United States
I just signed too
Nozzledog
Posted 2013-08-21 12:48 AM (#143305 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I signed. On my 2nd fender already.
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-21 7:29 AM (#143314 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
I don't know why some people are having to pay to sign this petition. It should be free (was for me).

Anyway, FREE morning bump.
diamonbird
Posted 2013-08-21 8:00 AM (#143315 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
I signed!
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-21 8:00 AM (#143316 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I didn't pay either. Way I read it, it seemed was a donation..........
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-21 8:40 AM (#143319 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
signed 2 days ago

Once again the request for donation is made by the webmaster. The donation goes towards cost of running the site and its administration.
emanIA
Posted 2013-08-21 8:52 AM (#143320 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Des Moines
Signed. No problems with mine yet, but it most certainly needs to be addressed.
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-21 9:16 AM (#143321 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

As said above, it does not cost anything to sign...The donation is to help fund the web-site that runs the petitions....Keep signing regardless as Victory needs to know about the many un-happy Vision owners out there.....
Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-21 10:42 AM (#143322 - in reply to #143321)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
THERE IS NO NEED TO DONATE ANYTHING...IT ASKS FOR DONATION AFTER YOU SIGN. JUST CLOSE OUT THE WINDOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DONATE.
visionman08
Posted 2013-08-21 12:27 PM (#143324 - in reply to #143288)

Puddle Jumper

Port Charlotte fl.
I signed

2008 vision tour model ,41,000 miles
Rammurry
Posted 2013-08-21 12:31 PM (#143325 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: RE: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Cruiser

I signed. Been keeping a eye on mine. Nothing yet.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-21 4:49 PM (#143333 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Which dealers are Victory's big players? If there is anyone out there that has done business with them and has a consumer relationship with them, it might not hurt to see if those dealers became aware and support our petition/efforts.
jb.hatch
Posted 2013-08-21 5:08 PM (#143334 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Phenix City AL.
Signed.
hwy27guy
Posted 2013-08-21 6:26 PM (#143339 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: RE: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Puddle Jumper

CASHTON, WI United States
Was just thinking. Wouldn't this petition have more balls if it had a place to put the serial number of your bike along with the signature?

Right now Victory has no idea how the hell is signing this petition.

Just thinking out loud......

Hwy27guy
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-21 6:36 PM (#143340 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Good point, but hopefully the majority of these signers are honest and currently own this motorcycle and want Victory to prevent someone from getting seriously hurt or killed with this fender issue...Personally, I have serious doubts that the decision makers at Polaris/Victory are even aware of this issue and most will probably ignore any conflict or admit any poor design or safety issues with the Vision as most will play "CYA" to protect themselves...Happens all the time in corporate America....Which is a sad thing for those who ride this otherwise great touring bike...
willtill
Posted 2013-08-21 6:54 PM (#143343 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Central Maryland
This whole "Petition" thing is a gimmick. When do they intend to "serve it"? Looks more like it's a good way for you all to "feel good" about yourselves by electronically signing it; and it's a good way for a website to make money.

I signed and whined, but of course not did not donate. Wonder how many "suckers" they caught with the little donation act?
Bigmax
Posted 2013-08-21 7:57 PM (#143348 - in reply to #143276)

Puddle Jumper

Signed and sealed
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-21 8:46 PM (#143349 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Fellow Riders

Willtill brings up one good point and one that I will try and she'd light on. Someone within our vision community by default had to have started this petition. Since no sponsor is identified on the petiton's home page, I hope the author will deliver the results. Having a petition present on this site won't get the exposure we all want.

IPetition is the company that provides this service. Like most websites, the hosting of the site and its administration is paid for through virtual advertising. Some websites ask for donations to maintain a service e.g. Petitions. The web service provider has NO affiliation with the petition services they host. For those that are not familiar with providing a service on the web and they see that the site asks for donations, it's very understandable that someone thinks they need to donate in order to have their vote counted. They are NOT suckers just unaware of this business model.

Hope this helps
Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-22 6:51 AM (#143364 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
To ALL - I STARTED THE PETITION. I AM A VISION RIDER. I just sent the following email to top executives and I also sent a link to the petiton to Victory through their Facebook Pages. THIS IS NO GIMMICK. I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WOULD ASK FOR DONATIONS AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLOSE THE DAMN PAGE AFTER YOU SIGN - DO NOT DONATE. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WEBSITE. JUST CONCERNED ABOUT OUR SAFETY.

Let me ask you - WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT????

HERE IS WHAT I SENT TO VICTORY/POLARIS THIS MORNING:

Hello Victory Management,

I am sending this email to you on behalf of the Vision Rider community regarding a very important safety issue with the failure of the front (rear plastic part) of the Vision fender. If you are not aware, this is a serious issue that really requires some immediate attention by Victory / Polaris.

I will share my personal experience and then I ask each of you to check out the links below so you can see that MANY others are experiencing the same failure I experienced OR they have inspected their fender after reading the many posts out there and found cracks in the fender.

http://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/20731/rear-plastic-front-fender-...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/victory-vision-fender-recall/

Here is my experience: I was leaving my driveway when I heard a "clunk" from the fron of my bike. I thought this was strange and even thought it might have been my trunk lid (another flaw of the Vision) as it does this over bumps. As I drove down my street and approached the intersection, I started to turn to the right as I slowed. I immediately felt the steering lock up to the right and could no longer control the bike. It was by sheer force (and maybe some luck) that I was able to keep from dumping this very large motorcycle. I thought to myself "I wonder if my fender broke". You see, I have been hearing about this for some time as my brother had the same issue a few years back (he owns a 2008 and I own a 2011). Sure enough, as I looked under the bike, the front fender broke loose and jammed into the lower part of the fairing (between the fairing and the battery) and this is what locked up my steering. If you click on the VOG link, you will see the pictures. I immediately thanked God that my 15 year old daughter or beautiful wife was not riding with me (as they frequently do) and that I was not going at full speed when this happened.

So, I started posting about my experience and people came out of the woodwork with the same issue. I have been riding Victory for approximately 4 years (Hammer before the Vision) and I have heard others talk of this issue in the past. Some had their fender replaced under warranty, others had this denied as it was considered "normal wear and tear". Of course Victory, you know this is not the case. This is a serious and chronic issue that you need to address before someone gets seriously injured or God forbid, dies in an accident because of this faulty fender.

The Vision community wants a recall. We want a permanent fix to this problem and the only fix in many Vision Riders opinion is a one-piece, metal fender to replace the two-piece plastic fender.

Currently, Victory is handling these fender failures on a one-off basis. In fact, Victory covered my broken fender and the trim around the fairing that got jacked up because of the fender failure. While I applaud this, IT IS NOT THE SOLUTION. PLEASE RECALL THE VISION AND OFFER A FENDER WE CAN COUNT ON.

I am happy to discuss this matter further over the telephone. Do not send me to Consumer Services - they already have my case file. This is a management issue and the Victory community (not just Vision Riders) are watching to see how you handle this situaition. Read the VOG thread and go to the on-line petition - you will see what I mean. One person who was interested in a Vision decided not to purchase because of this issue. Victory is wasting time by not responding.

Thank you for reviewing the threads and your consideration on this very important matter.

SIncerely,
Bill King
(Spiderman on the forums)

Edited by Spiderman 2013-08-22 6:54 AM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™