You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

My Complaints about the Vision....
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

healeyblue
Posted 2013-12-10 1:50 AM (#149531 - in reply to #149467)
Subject: Re: My Complaints about the Vision....

Puddle Jumper

Denver, CO
Vlad.

Light Truck was slang term for BMW K1200LT. I put about 100k on one. Sorry for the confusion
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V92SC
Posted 2013-12-10 7:39 AM (#149532 - in reply to #148955)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
My biggest, and only, complaint with the Vision is the fit, finish, and attachment of the body work. Victory uses bolt attachment on nearly all body panel mounting points. Honda,and most other OEM manufacturers, use large plastic push plns and grommet mounting which has 2 real advantages. The vision and its' solid mounted engine transmits high frequency vibration throughout the vehicle. If Victory used the pin and grommet system the rubber grommets absorb alot of that vibration reducing vibrational stress on the attachment point andmaking for tool free removal/attachment. The larger plastic pins in conjunction with the grommets also allows for some minor flex at that the attachment possibly saving the part from damage that occurs with solid/bolt on panels. Finally if Ma Vic adopts that system I think it may solve many of the hideous fit problems. I would like to see these evolutionary changes/improvements instead of revolutionary changes. Ma Vic is your hear aid on high?
varyder
Posted 2013-12-10 8:45 AM (#149533 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

The point of my post was to say that I have no complaints on the Vision.

While belt drive seems some how dated, it is simple and easy to maintain. We can go to town and laud the merits of a shaft drive, but I never did like mine on the Gold Wing, even though I had no issues with it.

I think we have gone to overkill in adding "what people want" never realizing what they are realling asking. The more I ride my Vision, the more I like it, even though it's old, worn and rattles. It has a ride that exceeds my expectations, with all the power and agility that makes the rider one with the bike.

Each of us find our fondness in bikes, I still go back to my early days of my 750 Custom. To me it was a near perfect bike that I could expect out of it. What I really wanted came to life in the Vision. Sleek profile, power, performance, comfort and a reasonable degree of weather protection. All tis makes it an ideal bike to be exposed, but not so much so that makes you say stop because of wind/weather battered fatigue. If I could afford it, I would probably own three bikes that would fit my desire for the journey, but having the Vision makes me more content that it fits the bill that no other bike can.

The Vision has even proven it self on unimproved roads, which I never even gave that consideration. It is no doubt a versitile bike that is underappreciated.

Edited by varyder 2013-12-10 8:50 AM
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-10 8:28 PM (#149547 - in reply to #149533)

Glendale, AZ United States
varyder - 2013-12-10 7:45 AM

The point of my post was to say that I have no complaints on the Vision.

While belt drive seems some how dated, it is simple and easy to maintain. We can go to town and laud the merits of a shaft drive, but I never did like mine on the Gold Wing, even though I had no issues with it.

I think we have gone to overkill in adding "what people want" never realizing what they are realling asking. The more I ride my Vision, the more I like it, even though it's old, worn and rattles. It has a ride that exceeds my expectations, with all the power and agility that makes the rider one with the bike.

Each of us find our fondness in bikes, I still go back to my early days of my 750 Custom. To me it was a near perfect bike that I could expect out of it. What I really wanted came to life in the Vision. Sleek profile, power, performance, comfort and a reasonable degree of weather protection. All tis makes it an ideal bike to be exposed, but not so much so that makes you say stop because of wind/weather battered fatigue. If I could afford it, I would probably own three bikes that would fit my desire for the journey, but having the Vision makes me more?content?that it fits the bill that no other bike can.

The Vision has even proven it self on unimproved roads, which I never even gave that consideration. It is no doubt a versitile bike that is underappreciated.

I agree. From my standpoint, once you go with a tourer and all the goodies and utility that comes with the bike there is no turning back. I find it difficult to comprehend why anybody would remove the rear trunk. The trunk has been a life saver where I got a place to put my helmet and jacket without having to lug things when I get off the bike. It also keeps the spouse happy in the sense that I will ride 120 miles to pick up her favorite rubarb pie or to Sedona when the Sedona apples are in season. I never try to come back empty-handed to ensure that she gets something out of it. She used to be an avid passenger, but since she became pregnant and with the baby she is no longer interested, which I can understand. I'm not sure how the Vision stacks up against the Goldwing, which I would still consider to be the "benchmark to beat" with respect to long-distance touring. I have to admit the Goldwing is growing on me especially since I have gotten older minus the price tag even for a used one since I don't have those deep pockets to buy new and have always bought used not to mention I have issues spending 20K plus on a car much less a bike. Vlad.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-10 8:41 PM (#149548 - in reply to #149531)

healeyblue - 2013-12-10 12:50 AM

Vlad.

Light Truck was slang term for BMW K1200LT. I put about 100k on one. Sorry for the confusion

I loved my LT. That K motor was absolutely fabulous and a tireless work horse to the point of being almost bullet proof if you do the routine service, which is expensive and almost overbearing for a shade tree mechanic. I have a buddy that has over 200K on his with no issues. I have always liked BMW and appreciate the development and engineering that goes into their bikes. The GTL is sick and twisted and I love that six banger BMW sound, but I don't have those deep pockets and have opted with the used Vision instead. The GS is something that has definitely grown on me over the year as well. I have another buddy that has an older GS with 170K and she just keeps on trucking. A third buddy has the R 1200RT that is a fabulous sports tourer as far as I'm concerned, but he hardly rides his. I always give him **** to make sure to plug in the battery tender to make sure the bike starts up so we can go riding and don't have to wait up him, hahaha. I love my Vision, but I can also appreciate and drool over everything else out there. Vlad.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2013-12-11 2:42 PM (#149573 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
I hate that the Vision is so fast, and handles so well. I get tired of my co-pilot complaining, saying things like ......."Slow down! I think I heard a sonic boom!" or, "Stop leaning so far, I think my shoulder hit the ground!" and the worst one, "Honey, it's windy back here and I don't think you can hear a thing I'm saying". Oh, wait, come to think of it, I like that one! LOL LOL LOL LOL
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-12 11:37 AM (#149601 - in reply to #149573)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
MaddMAx2u - 2013-12-11 1:42 PM

I hate that the Vision is so fast, and handles so well. I get tired of my co-pilot complaining, saying things like ......."Slow down! I think I heard a sonic boom!" or, "Stop leaning so far, I think my shoulder hit the ground!" and the worst one, "Honey, it's windy back here and I don't think you can hear a thing I'm saying". Oh, wait, come to think of it, I like that one! LOL LOL LOL LOL

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-12 11:39 AM (#149602 - in reply to #149547)

Visionary

[
\ I find it difficult to comprehend why anybody would remove the rear trunk.

I'm with you on the trunk comment. Never had mine off, never will. I use it every single day.
varyder
Posted 2013-12-12 12:08 PM (#149605 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I took mine off the beginning of the summer, probably about the 5th or 6th time since owner the bike, and still haven't put it back on. I found the trunk has a lot of utility but the latch started to give me trouble where it didn't want to open. Since I've had it off this time, I really don't miss it and I really like the looks. People believe I got a new bike, but they may have been because I washed it.
willtill
Posted 2013-12-12 2:08 PM (#149609 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Put me in the "never have removed the trunk" club. I find it very handy for all of the reasons previously stated.

Is her baggage sexy, or what?

Edited by willtill 2013-12-12 2:13 PM
diamonbird
Posted 2013-12-12 5:31 PM (#149612 - in reply to #148955)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
My Complaints are there is not enough time to ride, vacation time, seasonal weather(winter too f'ng cold/summer too f'ng hot), I'm getting too old, I complain about everything but I have no Complaints about my Vision.......best motorcycle ever!
Don07tncav
Posted 2013-12-12 6:36 PM (#149616 - in reply to #148955)
Subject: RE: My Complaints about the Vision....

Cruiser

Keep my trunk on all the time too. Thought about trading or selling the VTX and getting an 8 Ball Vision though to commute on.

(Ride and dinner 9-28-13 (1) (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Ride and dinner 9-28-13 (1) (Small).jpg (121KB - 1 downloads)
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-12 9:46 PM (#149624 - in reply to #149573)

Like it! I think your wife is just trying to be considerate. The wind is so loud you can't hear her? Hahaha. I think that would have worked for me for the first four to five years of marriage, but after that I would have gotten a slap on the helmet from her. "HEY Valentino Rossi" Why don't you slow the **** down before I walk home." Here is a great link with English subtitles if you haven't seen it of Riccardo Patrese (EX F1 driver) doing a lap with his trophy wife in a Honda Type R. I think you all can appreciate this. Freaking Hilarious. Hahahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gmqZu6z8s
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-12 9:46 PM (#149625 - in reply to #149573)

Like it! I think your wife is just trying to be considerate. The wind is so loud you can't hear her? Hahaha. I think that would have worked for me for the first four to five years of marriage, but after that I would have gotten a slap on the helmet from her. "HEY Valentino Rossi" Why don't you slow the **** down before I walk home." Here is a great link with English subtitles if you haven't seen it of Riccardo Patrese (EX F1 driver) doing a lap with his trophy wife in a Honda Type R. I think you all can appreciate this. Freaking Hilarious. Hahahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gmqZu6z8s
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-13 5:40 AM (#149631 - in reply to #149605)

Visionary

varyder - 2013-12-12 11:08 AM

I took mine off the beginning of the summer, probably about the 5th or 6th time since owner the bike, and still haven't put it back on. I found the trunk has a lot of utility but the latch started to give me trouble where it didn't want to open. Since I've had it off this time, I really don't miss it and I really like the looks. People believe I got a new bike, but they may have been because I washed it.

LOL! , It does look like a different bike with the trunk off for sure.
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-13 5:45 AM (#149632 - in reply to #149612)

Visionary

diamonbird - 2013-12-12 4:31 PM

My Complaints are there is not enough time to ride, vacation time, seasonal weather(winter too f'ng cold/summer too f'ng hot), I'm getting too old, I complain about everything but I have no Complaints about my Vision.......best motorcycle ever!

My complaint is that I can't ride as much as I want also! It's never too hot or too cold , just have to stop riding to do stuff like go to work or sleep and we can't just ride off and leave the kids at home
VIII BAL
Posted 2016-09-21 3:49 PM (#189010 - in reply to #149631)

Puddle Jumper

ROSEVILLE, CA United States
My only complaint is Loud Transmission and puts off alot of heat . Not to mention very little saddlebag space but the Looks overcome those things ' )
donetracey
Posted 2016-09-24 1:24 AM (#189034 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Well, my ONLY complaint is I AM GETTING OLD. After 58 years of biking - and 23 bikes - I can't ride as much as I want to. My 8+ years on the SPCSHP have been the best biking of my life. But every ride now is $50 - $200 just for gas - and and old fart on pension like me - well, that HURTS. I keep looking at spots on my lawn where the VV would be a nice Lawn Ornament. The Co-Pilot disagrees with me putting it in the living room - and she still WANTS to ride. Anyone out there want to share your winning LOTTO ticket with me??? I CAN be a 'nice' person (or so I have been told) ....
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-09-24 8:56 PM (#189042 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
funny thing is.. doesnt matter what the complaints are... Victory doesnt Care.. its not like what we say will change anything or they are listening thinking.. wow we didnt think of that ... so lets fix it.. hell its the same tired ass old radio for almost 10 years !! same a few baby step improvements.. but with 2017 model motorcycles out... and indian and HD and bmw etc having really nice radios... ours is like something from a 1990 toyota or what not... no bluetooth.. crap speakers, lame interface.. i changed all that on mine... but still.. to come the same way it was made a decade ago with no improvements.. thats pretty freaking lazy . at times as the years go by.. i feel the vision is almost setup to fail... where as the XC is the one they focus on the most.. I use my radio as a preamp... my samsung s7 as the tune and multi-media system, and my alpine amp to give me some power.. then my kicker 6.5 to allow better sound to come through.. and it all works perfectly.. but you shouldnt have to do that.. not if you want to compete in a very competitive 21st century touring market...
donetracey
Posted 2016-09-24 11:01 PM (#189043 - in reply to #189042)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Arkainzeye - 2016-09-24 6:56 PM funny thing is.. doesnt matter what the complaints are... Victory doesnt Care.. its not like what we say will change anything or they are listening thinking.. wow we didnt think of that ... so lets fix it.. hell its the same tired ass old radio for almost 10 years !! same a few baby step improvements.. but with 2017 model motorcycles out... and indian and HD and bmw etc having really nice radios... ours is like something from a 1990 toyota or what not... no bluetooth.. crap speakers, lame interface.. i changed all that on mine... but still.. to come the same way it was made a decade ago with no improvements.. thats pretty freaking lazy . at times as the years go by.. i feel the vision is almost setup to fail... where as the XC is the one they focus on the most.. I use my radio as a preamp... my samsung s7 as the tune and multi-media system, and my alpine amp to give me some power.. then my kicker 6.5 to allow better sound to come through.. and it all works perfectly.. but you shouldnt have to do that.. not if you want to compete in a very competitive 21st century touring market...

So - ONE big beef about the SOUND SYSTEM???? I thought we wuz talking about MOTORCYCLES ??? The VISION is still miles ahead of any of the competition in presenting the MOST BEAUTIFUL BIKE ever designed. Mine still draws crowds everywhere/every time I stop - like no other bike ever !!!    And Big Deal - I fixed my sound system 7 years ago - and NO ONE except me knows ...

varyder
Posted 2016-09-25 5:55 AM (#189044 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I know now, Don. Speaking of sound system, mines in the pits, no digital display, ipod fried, and the reception is poor and the buttons don't much anymore. But you know what? I don't care, I still have no complaints about the bike, it still rides like a dream ship. Unfortunately a few life changes have taken me away from ride a lot. And now with my left hand hating the cold weather I'll probably have to sit winter out. I don't know what shape it will be in if it sits too much.
jimtom
Posted 2016-09-26 5:42 AM (#189062 - in reply to #189042)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2016-09-24 8:56 PM

funny thing is.. doesnt matter what the complaints are... Victory doesnt Care.. its not like what we say will change anything or they are listening thinking.. wow we didnt think of that ... so lets fix it.. hell its the same tired ass old radio for almost 10 years !! same a few baby step improvements.. but with 2017 model motorcycles out... and indian and HD and bmw etc having really nice radios... ours is like something from a 1990 toyota or what not... no bluetooth.. crap speakers, lame interface.. i changed all that on mine... but still.. to come the same way it was made a decade ago with no improvements.. thats pretty freaking lazy . at times as the years go by.. i feel the vision is almost setup to fail... where as the XC is the one they focus on the most.. I use my radio as a preamp... my samsung s7 as the tune and multi-media system, and my alpine amp to give me some power.. then my kicker 6.5 to allow better sound to come through.. and it all works perfectly.. but you shouldnt have to do that.. not if you want to compete in a very competitive 21st century touring market...

My radio on my 08 works ok. The previous owner installed Sirius/XM radio on it, so i never have to worry about reception. He took advantage of limited time offer LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION which Sirius no longer offers. So me and the wife have crystal clear (unless we go into a tunnel or overpass) 70's or 80's or the Elvis channel or The Message contemporary Christian tunes everywhere we go until me or the bike dies.

We sing along. We both enjoy singing. The radio has had no upgrades but I can hear it and my wife can hear it so what's to upgrade? it doesn't set off any car alarms. I guess that's what the Magnum is for.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-09-30 7:21 PM (#189131 - in reply to #189062)

Cruiser

I've decided that my Vision is about as close to perfect of a bike as I've ever owned. It fits me like no other, the seat almost handles my weight and I love the looks BUT...as much as I like the body work on it...the weather protection from the lower fairing for instance, the windshield is almost useless in the rain. It's simply too far away from the rider to be as effective as it could be. This is the fourth bike I've owned with a full fairing and it's by far my favorite ride, but it'd be nice if there was a way I could get that windshield 3 feet closer so it'd do some good in the rain...
jimtom
Posted 2016-10-01 5:40 AM (#189132 - in reply to #189131)

Visionary

I agree on the first part, the Vision is about as close to perfect as can be but I have to disagree on the rain protection. I raise mine and stay above 65 mph and it creates "the bubble" . I can stay relatively dry as long as I'm moving. The wife doesn't get the full benefit of "the bubble" . She gets a little resentful with I go on and on about it LOL! The bubble lives above 65. It will collapse below that.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-10-01 9:19 AM (#189134 - in reply to #189132)

Cruiser

I've moved the shield up enough to get the best effects from "the bubble" but then you have to look through the windshield for it to work and you're pretty much like someone in a car by then...you need wipers in order to see. I installed a Cee Baileys shield that's 9 inches taller (total of 22 1/2 inches tall) and a couple inches wider than stock because the shield that was on the bike topped out with the edge in my line of sight. Both my beemers and the Concours I rode...( I lived on the road full time for 8 years living in a pop-up I pulled with the bikes), the top of the shield was within a foot of me...roughly...and my line-of-sight was approximately 2 inches over the top. Even in a heavy downpour I had great visibility because I was inside the "bubble". The Vision shield is simply too far away from the rider to be as effective and I suspect it's because I'm riding close to the back end of the bubble where it collapses. When I told people who've never ridden bikes that I thought I had BETTER visibility on my bike than I did in a car, it was because the bubble kept the rain off me.

Just not so with my Vision...but it's still my favorite bike so far.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™