You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Centramatic Wheel balancers. The days of taking your tires in for balancing are over?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Vladezip
Posted 2014-05-26 8:30 PM (#157728 - in reply to #157691)
Subject: Re: Centramatic Wheel balancers. The days of taking your tires in for balancing are over?

Glendale, AZ United States
It seems to me that higher/lower, it's still a PIA. Maybe after a few times I will get better at it. I usually have to twist my buddy's arm since I have a separate fridge stocked with beer and he loves the wife's Polish cooking so it works out. Having one Pierogi is like having one chicken wing. Doesn't happen Still very much in the "getting to know you" stage with the VV even though I have owned the 09 now for over a year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BrandonM7
Posted 2014-06-08 10:07 PM (#158188 - in reply to #157728)
Subject: Re: Centramatic Wheel balancers. The days of taking your tires in for balancing are over?

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
My set came in Friday, hopefully I can get them put on the next couple days.
Vladezip
Posted 2014-06-09 1:08 AM (#158192 - in reply to #158188)

BrandonM7 - 2014-06-08 9:07 PM

My set came in Friday, hopefully I can get them put on the next couple days.

Victory recommends new bolts, but I just used loctite with the original bolts. I'm at roughly 1500 miles since install and I am happy with my purchase. I can't explain it, but it's just a better feel, reduced vibration, and increased confidence in clipping those corners at the intersection. Only been out on the twisties twice so I'm not sure about that one as yet. Vlad.
kin52
Posted 2014-06-09 5:57 AM (#158197 - in reply to #158192)

Cruiser

Louisville, KY
I still see the centramatics as a very expensive alternative to counteract balancing beads or dyna beads. The centramatic video tells you they are using small shot inside of a metal tube closer to the wheel hub.
Basic physics tells you the closer to the wheel hub you get the more weight you need for the same effect. As far as owner operators using centramatics in ohio and kentucky most drivers use counteract balancing beads or Dyna beads. If you go to any truck supply shop thats what they carry.
lstayner
Posted 2014-06-09 9:27 AM (#158208 - in reply to #158197)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
kin52 - 2014-06-09 5:57 AM

I still see the centramatics as a very expensive alternative to counteract balancing beads or dyna beads. The centramatic video tells you they are using small shot inside of a metal tube closer to the wheel hub.
Basic physics tells you the closer to the wheel hub you get the more weight you need for the same effect. As far as owner operators using centramatics in ohio and kentucky most drivers use counteract balancing beads or Dyna beads. If you go to any truck supply shop thats what they carry.

Hey Chuck,

I tried the Dynabead route and believe it or not, there is a big difference with centrmatics. They weigh about 2 lbs (guessing) each vs 2 oz. If you are anywhere close to Des Moines, I would gladly let you take a ride and see for yourself.

Larry
kin52
Posted 2014-06-09 11:58 AM (#158214 - in reply to #158208)

Cruiser

Louisville, KY
I'm in Louisville Ky. I maybe at the AVR this year though.
lstayner
Posted 2014-06-09 2:47 PM (#158218 - in reply to #158214)

Tourer

kin52 - 2014-06-09 11:58 AM

We are planning to make it at least on Saturday. I have to defend my title in the slow race. Hope to meet you.
BrandonM7
Posted 2014-06-09 3:46 PM (#158219 - in reply to #158218)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
lstayner - 2014-06-09 3:47 PM

kin52 - 2014-06-09 11:58 AM

We are planning to make it at least on Saturday. I have to defend my title in the slow race. Hope to meet you.

You still rolling the stock clutch? Mine was basically "on" or "off" -- the Barnett plates have made it fantastic, though. I still ain't great at the slow race, though - this is my first heavy bike, and the only times it really scares me are under about 2mph and nose down in a parking space, LOL. I'm good otherwise, but when you're used to bikes in the 250-450lb range a 900+lb cruise ship is a spooky thing when you think you might have to catch it and/or push it.
marcparnes
Posted 2014-06-09 8:39 PM (#158225 - in reply to #155973)

Iron Butt

Cycleplicity.com has them for a total of $225 including shipping and a 2% discount I found online.

Marc
Vladezip
Posted 2014-06-10 12:52 AM (#158230 - in reply to #158225)

marcparnes - 2014-06-09 7:39 PM

Cycleplicity.com has them for a total of $225 including shipping and a 2% discount I found online.

Marc

Thanks for the post. I don't think you can beat this price. Two disks for the front and one for the rear. I think you will be happy with your purchase. I understand there are many out there somewhat skeptical and to be honest I cannot blame them, but nothing is cheap for the VV with the exception of the RAM cup holder maybe I'm no frills, utility and function oriented stemming from my BMW background and I can't help myself. I will not mount anything on my bike without some utility/function/purpose behind it.

I can appreciate the flashy bling bling also, but when I see these high dollar customs, I would be afraid of scuffing anything up and wouldn't get anything out of the ride as a result. You can get a set of the centramatics for 225 or one of these lighted chrome engine wedges for 400 bucks

http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/liighted_side_cover.html
Tennessee Vision
Posted 2015-08-16 9:59 AM (#174240 - in reply to #155973)
Subject: RE: Centramatic Wheel balancers. The days of taking your tires in for balancing are over?

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
Vision Owning Friends,

Wanted to give an update on my experience using the Centramatic wheel balancers. So far every claim the company makes is completely accurate. Made absolutely no adjustments to drive belt. Installed with ease. Handling is significantly improved especially in the corners.

Below is a picture of my rear tire which now has 10,000 miles on it. Tire life increase will pay for the balancers within 2 tire changes I believe?

I visited the vendor in Sturgis. Met the guy who does the Utube videos. Bought another set for my Cross Roads. Gave me a great deal as a repeat customer!

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (48KB - 0 downloads)
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-08-16 5:44 PM (#174243 - in reply to #155973)

Visionary

think this will help

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (81KB - 3 downloads)
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-08-16 5:48 PM (#174244 - in reply to #155973)

Visionary

do you have it just on the back or both wheels. Can't see real good but tire looks like its starting to cup.
If its just the rear wheel I don't understand on it would improve handling
lstayner
Posted 2015-08-16 7:50 PM (#174248 - in reply to #174244)

Tourer

johnnyvision - 2015-08-16 5:48 PM

do you have it just on the back or both wheels. Can't see real good but tire looks like its starting to cup.
If its just the rear wheel I don't understand on it would improve handling

I don't think that is cupping you see. I think he has ran a lot of interstate or straight road miles on the tire creating a flat spot on the center tread. Not all of us are fortunate to have a lot of curvy roads to play on.

The balancers go on the front and back. I know what he is saying sounds weird how it improves handling, but you have to experience the ride to fully know what we mean when we say that.

Edited by lstayner 2015-08-16 7:52 PM
Daveg53
Posted 2015-08-18 7:54 AM (#174264 - in reply to #155973)
Subject: RE: Centramatic Wheel balancers. The days of taking your tires in for balancing are over?

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
I run "Ride On" in both tires. It prevents air loss due to punctures and balances the tires as you ride. I seem to get more mileage out of my tires with this installed,
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™