You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Differnt CB question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

luterdan
Posted 2014-07-07 12:43 PM (#161027)
Subject: Differnt CB question

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
Hi. So the guys i ride with all have CBs (Harleys), so if i want to listen and chat while riding, i will need to add one. Is the Victory CB the best option, or have people installed others that worked just as well and maybe were cheaper. From the purepolris catalog, the CB is $650 and then there are some wiring harnesses and other parts needed so it gets pricey.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
efd158
Posted 2014-07-08 7:00 AM (#161039 - in reply to #161027)
Subject: Re: Differnt CB question

Cruiser

Westchester Co., NY
I scored a new Polaris cheap because the dealer had one installed on a bike and the new owner didn't want it. The system works well now but it took a lot of fine tuning to get it to work properly. But I have had it a few years now with no issues once set up.
The dealer who installed the system could not get it to work properly. I had to rely on a friend who installed one on his Cross Country who got it working better. Then I had to go to a second dealer who really knew what he was doing for the final adjustment. The first dealer said he had experience but obviously not enough.
I believe the aftermarket units work much better out of the box. But the guys I ride with say my unit now comes in as one of the most clear. The have either Harley or J&M units.
KRUZER
Posted 2014-07-08 10:26 AM (#161046 - in reply to #161027)
Subject: RE: Differnt CB question

Puddle Jumper

Dallas, NC United States
I installed mine on my 13 vision. Works fine, but you can look up cb install in this forum. I had some questions and problems but they all were solved. The cb unit is 650, the wiring harness, rider headset and passenger headset, and antenna are extra. In the end you pay about 1000.00 . You have to buy the rider headset to get the plug in jacks. But in the end you will want to replace your headsets with J&M. Victory headsets are junk, compared to J & M. My cb is clear and the range is about 1/2 mile. You can get better range if you put a 2 - 3 foot firestick no ground plane antenna, comes with 24 ft of coax and is adjustable for swr settings , has the same mount as victory. For the money its the better deal. Installation is pretty much plug and play. The coax on my antenna was bad from the factory, but they replaced it, since then all I/ve done is change the headsets. Hope I did/nt rattle on to much, but I became an expert on confusion for a short while. But in the end all turned out fine.
Kruzer....
DSmith
Posted 2014-07-09 8:53 PM (#161119 - in reply to #161027)

Cruiser

Bainville, & Mesa, AZ, MT
I went with the JM on my 08, tried to install the factory system but vic no longer supports that. The JM system works ok, probably just as good as the factory system. I did limit mine by installing the lay down inside the cowling antenna which I am sure limited my range but I didn't have to drill any holes and have a cleaner look. I can't remember how much I had invested but it was considerably less than the factory setup.

I do hate the corded headsets though and the first Bluetooth setup I find that works well will be replacing it.

Good luck.
diamonbird
Posted 2014-07-09 9:14 PM (#161120 - in reply to #161119)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
J&M 2003
http://www.leatherup.com/p/JM-Communicator-Systems/JM-JMCB-2003-CB/...

get it and mount it to your clutch reservoir...
jefflee1
Posted 2015-02-08 8:12 AM (#169732 - in reply to #161027)

Puddle Jumper

Willington , CT
sorry wring post

Edited by jefflee1 2015-02-08 8:14 AM
rdbudd
Posted 2015-02-08 10:58 AM (#169738 - in reply to #161027)
Subject: RE: Differnt CB question

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I have the factory CB on my 2008. It works great and I have been able to communicate over 7 miles under ideal conditions. Antenna tuning is critical to getting range out of them. I am using the factory wiring and base but with a Firestik 3 foot tunable replacement mast on the original Victory setup now. It does work a bit better than the short factory antenna, which I had to replace due to vandals breaking the original off.

The factory system is fully integrated into the audio system of the Vision. You also get the intercom with the CB. The aftermarket ones aren't usually integrated.

For options, contact these folks http://www.sierra-mc.com/

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2015-02-08 11:01 AM
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2015-02-09 12:25 PM (#169756 - in reply to #161027)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
If I had to do it again, I would buy a Sena 20S blue tooth headset, A Sena SR10 Adapter and a hand held cb. Now you have the best of all worlds. Bluetooth, radio, music, phone and cb when you need it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™