You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Steve Mennetto Q&A during VMC National Event
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Street Eagle
Posted 2014-07-20 10:13 PM (#163467)
Subject: Steve Mennetto Q&A during VMC National Event

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
During the VMC National Event, Steve Mennetto held a Q & A session.

Victory/Indian production lines have gone through a complete overall. 500 US citizens have been given new jobs! They are in the process of training these employees on the new productions lines. Victory has implemented a modernized painting system that will improve Victory's paint quality.

Steve shared what markets the Indian and Victory are positioned.

Indian: American Classic (legacy HD market),

Victory's is primary market focus is baggers. Baggers owned 42% in 2012 and baggers continue to grow market share

Vision - What are Victory's plans for the future. Quote, the Vision is a polarizing motorcycle...either you love it or hate it. There are no design changes planned other than what Victory is hearing from its customers - more storage and LEDs. There will be no changes to the overall styling. Editorial note...The Vision is what it is today with an increase in storage and LEDs....IMHO...VV will ride away into the sunset

Electronics: integration of electronics is going to make the competition stand up and take notice. Cool things on the horizon

Will there be a Victory motorcycle that will compete with the HDs smaller cc platforms....not at this time

Will victory offer an electric powered motorcycle...until battery technology matures there are no plans

NOTE: this is not an all inclusive list. Please share your notes if you were at the event.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-07-20 10:21 PM (#163468 - in reply to #163467)
Subject: Re: Steve Mennetto Q&A during VMC National Event

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Addition - CI/CCs will increase...could not share any details
varyder
Posted 2014-07-20 10:34 PM (#163469 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thanks for sharing that gives us some idea of the future of victory. As far as the vision goes I think Victory is surprised that this lasted as long as it has after the first few years. I think they went into it with a really good idea with revolutionary styling and engineering. There really is a love/hate attitude with the vision, but is starting to gain a little bit of popularity because of the longevity. The thing about Victory is they are known to drop models without any real clear reason. I don't think any model is immune to that with Victory.
RedRider
Posted 2014-07-21 4:29 AM (#163474 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

Steve has done a great job like Mark Blackwell did before him. Looking forward to what Victory and Indian have to offer for the future.
V92SC
Posted 2014-07-22 8:13 AM (#163490 - in reply to #163467)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
I wish Victory listened/ followed the concerned voiced on the various forums/ blogs on the internet. I would like to see more evolutionary changes to the vision rather than revolutionary changes ala. Honda Goldwing and BMW RT. Improve fit and finish, follow the lead of BMW and Honda on attachment of plastic body part mounts, and leading edge innovative electronics as noted above. I remember the introduction of the first Goldwing and K bike and initial reaction was that they were both ugly and had more automotive styling/engineering elements than a "real" motorcycle should. Both companies stayed the course, improved,refine and honed each design to the point that time has deemed them worthy of the label icon and class best. Polaris/Victory, whether by design or accident, have created a look unique to motorcycledom and to not refine and hone the Vision to the level of the Wing and RT or drop the model would be suicidal. No model in the Victory lineup or the motorcycle world at large is more recognized as a Victory than any other model period. Whether they like it or not the most recognisable face/silhouette of any model they have ever created. But then nobody at Ma Vic reads this stuff anyway. :-(
RedRider
Posted 2014-07-23 4:32 AM (#163519 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

"No model in the Victory lineup or the motorcycle world at large is more recognized as a Victory than any other model period." Really? Why do I still have people coming up and asking what it is?
If the sales aren't there dropping the model would NOT be suicidal. More facts less personal assumptions.
varyder
Posted 2014-07-23 5:40 AM (#163521 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Again, Victory is not concerned about what the sales are, they drop a model if they choose to, decided in the board room. Where's the Kingpin? That probably has been the hottest bike of Victory since the 92 or the Sports Cruiser. Vegas seems to be the only one so far with real staying power, and the Vision is approaching 7 years. We don't know, we never know, and we won't ever know until they unveil the next line-up to see what is there and what is missing.
taz456
Posted 2014-07-23 7:30 AM (#163523 - in reply to #163467)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
why can't we find out how many units of each model was made, produced, and/or sold during each model year? history shows that classic car guys no how many of each model was produced and can even break that down by how many models came with the SS badging with a convertible top. All I know for sure is that I have my Vision and now we are starting to see more and more aftermarket pieces become available.

As for Redrider's comment, I can tell you that I do not get asked what is that anymore by other bikers. I only get that reaction from people who are not in the biker community. Victory has really come a long way within the community that they are trying to reach and they are growing.
Fmorin05
Posted 2014-07-23 10:36 AM (#163526 - in reply to #163467)

Puddle Jumper

Houston, TX United States
Im just glad to see Victory moving forward, and keep making Cool Bikes, about time the competition gets to see and hear Victory!
IndyVision
Posted 2014-07-23 11:23 AM (#163530 - in reply to #163467)

Tourer

I was at the 10th celebration where we had the chance to have lunch at the the new R&D facility. During the open forum, a question was asked to Mr. Blackwell about an introductory bike with less CC's. His response was a lower CC bike would be introduced within 2 years. That never happed. What has? The highball which lasted two years, the judge, which was redesigned after the 1st year, the boardwalk which replaced the Kingpin and has not done well. I bet Victory sells 1 boardwalk for every 100 kingpins that were made.
XRsteve
Posted 2014-07-29 8:16 PM (#163736 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
If what Steve Mennetto said about the Vision is true, Hell I'll be happy: more storage and LED lighting, whats not to like ? Plus If Victory makes a bigger engine the Vision will get it too. Like Street Eagle said : "ride away into the sunset", well I'll be on one. That's for sure..............
Turk
Posted 2014-07-30 11:12 AM (#163755 - in reply to #163736)

Iron Butt

XRsteve - 2014-07-29 8:16 PM

If what Steve Mennetto said about the Vision is true, Hell I'll be happy: more storage and LED lighting, whats not to like ? Plus If Victory makes a bigger engine the Vision will get it too. Like Street Eagle said : "ride away into the sunset", well I'll be on one. That's for sure..............

Except that we now know that none of what Mr. Mennetto said would be forthcoming this year for the Vision actually came to be. It's one thing to say nothing, it's quite another to flat out lie. I'm very disappointed. These bikes are desperately overdue for a refresh.

XRsteve
Posted 2014-07-30 11:31 AM (#163758 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I agree.......
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2014-07-30 12:35 PM (#163761 - in reply to #163467)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
I didn't read into what Steve was quoted as saying would happen this year. From what i have been told, a new Vision will not happen until 2017. Yes I agree, that is too long.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-08-01 9:23 PM (#163890 - in reply to #163467)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
With further reflection...Steve stated that they are hearing the requests for more storage and LEDs. The inflection in his voice did not indicate that they will be doing it or not doing it. Without using the words, he made it obvious that there won't be any real/major design changes made to the Vision.
varyder
Posted 2014-08-01 10:28 PM (#163894 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Never will be any changes to the vision, they will come out with a new bike altogether that will replace the vision using the visions frame but I don't believe it will be called a vision

Edited by varyder 2014-08-01 10:28 PM
DSmith
Posted 2014-08-01 11:41 PM (#163896 - in reply to #163894)

Cruiser

Bainville, & Mesa, AZ, MT
varyder - 2014-08-01 9:28 PM

Never will be any changes to the vision, they will come out with a new bike altogether that will replace the vision using the visions frame but I don't believe it will be called a vision

You might be right, but personally I feel they would be fools to do that. The Vision is an iconic bike, never before have I ridden anything or been around another bike that draws so much attention. I hated it the first time I saw one and now if Vic quite's the Vision I will quit Vic. They have a loyal following much like Honda's Goldwing.
wingit3611
Posted 2014-08-02 11:08 AM (#163900 - in reply to #163467)

Cruiser

<p>Just came back from a 2K trip and my friend said that traveling with the Vision is like traveling with a soleberity. Every other stop someone comes up and say's what is it, a custom bike or I never saw one like that before or I've heard of them but never got to see one before.  If it were me, I'd follow the Goldwind success road. 10 year anniversary would be a good time to do all those little things that could be better. (Honda now has a "Street Bike" FB6) Maybe make a quicker disconnect for the trunk. 4 bolts is pretty simple thought. They are making good money on the Vision now why be in a hurry to retool when not needed?</p>
IndyVision
Posted 2014-08-03 7:21 AM (#163914 - in reply to #163467)

Tourer

For years, Victory riders and Dealers have begged for an entry level bike. Lower cost and cc's. The answer, give Indian a liquid cooled, smaller engine, AKA the scout. What a slap in the face to Victory, it's riders, and dealers.
loren2
Posted 2014-08-03 8:14 PM (#163931 - in reply to #163467)

Cruiser

Bullhead City, AZ
The scout was a natural for Indian and I think it will sell gang busters. No idea what it handles ,sounds or rides like but it looks like a Scout. I was told by a Polaris rep that Victory would build a small entry level bike when Polaris was profitable by itself. He indicated that Victory made a profit that year so it could happen now. That was the year that Polaris got Indian. I think that Victory was put on the back burner after that When Victory built the Vision it was going after Goldwing and BMW Luxury touring bikes not HD. The X bikes and Indian went after HD and while their sales are not near HD I think they feel the heat. I think if Victory comes out with a smaller bike it will be after Polaris ses if the water cooled Scout is embraced. I think it will be more modern looking, smaller ,750 cc or less and less than 10k in price. Polaris has a lot engines besides a V twin. They make a very good 800 cc for their quads and RZRs. The Vision was a homerun for a touring bike and it has been tweaked. Since 08 it has gotten better electronics, the body work is better and the transmission is better. Storage for me isn't a problem but, they could make it larger without changing the outside. Adding LEDs would be nice and throttle by wire which the new scout has should be coming. I love my Vision now and it would take a hell of a new bike to make me want to get a new one.
XRsteve
Posted 2014-08-13 7:16 AM (#164206 - in reply to #163467)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
That engine (Scout), could be used in a variety of vehicles, sleeve it and it's a entry level 750cc engine, stroke it and you could have a 1350cc hoolligan bike like the KTM1290. All you gotta do is recast the outside of the cylinders to read Victory.........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™