You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

FaceBook
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

XRsteve
Posted 2014-07-25 6:40 AM (#163585)
Subject: FaceBook

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Victory owners group on facebook, It's fun to see new Victory owners so proud of thier new rides. It's surprising there's usually at least 5 a day..............
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-07-25 8:11 AM (#163591 - in reply to #163585)
Subject: Re: FaceBook

Fountain Inn, SC United States
And you tell them to come here, right?
XRsteve
Posted 2014-07-25 6:40 PM (#163610 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Yep........I sure do
donetracey
Posted 2014-07-26 1:18 AM (#163613 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Well, I have been a member here since 'the beginning' - and I also have been a member of the facebook group SINCE THE BEGINNING.

In case no one has told you - it IS possible to do more than one thing at a time ..... HELLO !!! ?????

Jeff - ARE YOU LISTENING ????

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-07-29 6:47 PM (#163729 - in reply to #163613)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
donetracey - 2014-07-26 2:18 AM

Well, I have been a member here since 'the beginning' - and I also have been a member of the facebook group SINCE THE BEGINNING.

In case no one has told you - it IS possible to do more than one thing at a time ..... HELLO !!! ?????

Jeff - ARE YOU LISTENING ????

You mean eating a donut, drinking coffee, and riding the vision at the same time? Tried it, and have the coffee stain to prove it.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-09-22 5:26 PM (#175111 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

what there is 6 different victory page on FB
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-22 8:32 PM (#175112 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I tell them there is a 2 year waiting period to get in here , along with a long list of hazing that has to be done... and only then. Will we THINK ABOUT letting them in... we're like the secret society of the Skulls..
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-22 8:36 PM (#175113 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Like this .... https://youtu.be/jJMXxv-hYPo

donetracey
Posted 2015-09-22 9:29 PM (#175114 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
It's a little easier than that to get into the FaceBook site ! Since I am the one who admits new members - I just look to see if they actually ride - Victory bikes (or really want to), and I try to keep out SPAMMERS and Naked Females (sorry) and HD Guys looking to tear down Victory. On FB - you have a 'profile' and if I don't like what I see - you don't get in (I just rejected a guy because his FB photo was a Pussycat and he had no bike photos). I looked at the info Jedi Jeff had for our latest spammer here - and there was NOTHING to indicate he was a biker.
I like both sites - here and FB - always something interesting to see and learn on both sites. I'm not a snob .....
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-22 9:39 PM (#175115 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i talk to you more than a few times on Facebook don . (C.free)
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-22 11:19 PM (#175116 - in reply to #175115)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Arkainzeye - 2015-09-22 7:39 PM i talk to you more than a few times on Facebook don . (C.free)

Ah, right !  CHRISTOPHER !!!   I would have rejected you cuz of your long hair ( I'm jealous ... ) 

Miles
Posted 2015-09-23 4:01 AM (#175117 - in reply to #163585)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
Hey guys, seems as appropriate place as any to mention that we should start seeing less SPAM on the site. We implemented an approval and it's a pretty easy task so we should be able to fire off approvals pretty quick to folks. I run other forums, and chat with other webmasters and that's pretty much what has to be done these days. It's no longer "bots" attempting to log in, or hackers.. it's people, in a building in China, who are paid (very little) to log onto websites and post stuff. It doesn't have to be relevant... that's not why they do it.

One might ask... "Why do they do it?, What do they get out of it".. Other than paid, they get NOTHING... You want to stop SPAM... educate all of your friends who get offers to have their product seen by 100's or 1000's of people. The sales person gets his wad of cash and "hires" a service that puts the info on however many pages the client paid for. They even supply a report of all the sites to the sales person, but the client has already been duped and out the money and it's all 100% legal. So EDUCATION is the key. If people didn't pay these idiots for a service that they likely won't garner one client or sale from..... than there wouldn't be the service the idiot uses to post the crap around the web.

I am constantly amazed by the seemingly smart people who pay good money for supposed advertising that they know nothing about. They take the salespersons word that magically they will have 1000's of customers because their product will be on 100's of 1000's of sites within a couple of weeks.

The only one that makes the money... the salesperson. It's they same reason for the spam emails we all get. Someone paid to have their info show up in xxx thousand email boxes. The salesperson buys an email list... legit, not legit... whatever... All he has to do if audited is prove the emails were sent and cash the check.

Anyway... we should be seeing less SPAM.

On a final note... -ish... there is a Victory Riders Network on Facebook as well and also on Ning. Not dedicated to Vision, but our partner sites.

Thanks for the continued support everyone...

jimtom
Posted 2015-09-23 5:46 AM (#175118 - in reply to #175117)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Miles - 2015-09-23 4:01 AM

Hey guys, seems as appropriate place as any to mention that we should start seeing less SPAM on the site. We implemented an approval and it's a pretty easy task so we should be able to fire off approvals pretty quick to folks. I run other forums, and chat with other webmasters and that's pretty much what has to be done these days. It's no longer "bots" attempting to log in, or hackers.. it's people, in a building in China, who are paid (very little) to log onto websites and post stuff. It doesn't have to be relevant... that's not why they do it.

One might ask... "Why do they do it?, What do they get out of it".. Other than paid, they get NOTHING... You want to stop SPAM... educate all of your friends who get offers to have their product seen by 100's or 1000's of people. The sales person gets his wad of cash and "hires" a service that puts the info on however many pages the client paid for. They even supply a report of all the sites to the sales person, but the client has already been duped and out the money and it's all 100% legal. So EDUCATION is the key. If people didn't pay these idiots for a service that they likely won't garner one client or sale from..... than there wouldn't be the service the idiot uses to post the crap around the web.

I am constantly amazed by the seemingly smart people who pay good money for supposed advertising that they know nothing about. They take the salespersons word that magically they will have 1000's of customers because their product will be on 100's of 1000's of sites within a couple of weeks.

The only one that makes the money... the salesperson. It's they same reason for the spam emails we all get. Someone paid to have their info show up in xxx thousand email boxes. The salesperson buys an email list... legit, not legit... whatever... All he has to do if audited is prove the emails were sent and cash the check.

Anyway... we should be seeing less SPAM.

On a final note... -ish... there is a Victory Riders Network on Facebook as well and also on Ning. Not dedicated to Vision, but our partner sites.

Thanks for the continued support everyone...

Thanks Miles!
atvtinker
Posted 2015-09-23 10:14 AM (#175120 - in reply to #163585)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Thanks Miles and Jedi Jeff for all you do. I know it can be hard keeping up with all the BS on the internet these days. I know I wouldn't want to take on that task.
varyder
Posted 2015-09-23 10:20 AM (#175123 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
is there any reason you had to say this three times?
(I'm just funnin'. This place is more better than face book and easier to load. Jeff and Miles had a good "vision" years ago to catch this before anyone else did.)
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-23 9:12 PM (#175130 - in reply to #175116)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
donetracey - 2015-09-22 11:19 PM

Arkainzeye - 2015-09-22 7:39 PM i talk to you more than a few times on Facebook don . (C.free)

?

Ah, right !? CHRISTOPHER !!!?? I would have rejected you cuz of your long hair ( I'm jealous ... )?

thats funny! its short as hell now.. ive been going through the mid life crisis thing.. it will get shoulder long.. then i wake up thinking .. omg who am i.. cut it all the way off again.. then i start going it again.... I met jedi this past july and it was short .. im kinda glad it was.. i might look like some kinda of Victory Vision stalker..
Wedge
Posted 2015-09-23 10:48 PM (#175133 - in reply to #175114)

Cruiser

donetracey - 2015-09-22 9:29 PM

It's a little easier than that to get into the FaceBook site ! Since I am the one who admits new members - I just look to see if they actually ride - Victory bikes (or really want to), and I try to keep out SPAMMERS and Naked Females (sorry) and HD Guys looking to tear down Victory. On FB - you have a 'profile' and if I don't like what I see - you don't get in (I just rejected a guy because his FB photo was a Pussycat and he had no bike photos). I looked at the info Jedi Jeff had for our latest spammer here - and there was NOTHING to indicate he was a biker.
I like both sites - here and FB - always something interesting to see and learn on both sites. I'm not a snob .....

hmmmm...I wonder if that pussy cat photo was mine. I've been trying to get into a vision FB group but haven't heard anything back. Should be plenty of bike pics on my page but what do I know. I haven't been on FB long so maybe I don't know what I'm doing and maybe I don't belong with y'all.

I don't have many posts here, but I saw the future back in Nov 07 when I joined.

Edited by Wedge 2015-09-23 10:49 PM
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-24 1:34 AM (#175134 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Refused membership today to a MAN'S NAME - but when I looked up the FB person with that name - all I got was a photo of a teenage girl and no other information/photos. DUH ...
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-24 1:43 AM (#175135 - in reply to #175130)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Arkainzeye - 2015-09-23 7:12 PM donetracey - 2015-09-22 11:19 PM

?

DON:

Ah, right !? CHRISTOPHER !!!?? I would have rejected you cuz of your long hair ( I'm jealous ... )?

CHRISTOPHER (Araninzeye):

thats funny! its short as hell now.. ive been going through the mid life crisis thing.. it will get shoulder long.. then i wake up thinking .. omg who am i.. cut it all the way off again.. then i start going it again.... I met jedi this past july and it was short .. im kinda glad it was.. i might look like some kinda of Victory Vision stalker..

DON:

Best I can do, Christopher - but it DOES have some advantages such as 30 years never payin' a barber ....

Edited by donetracey 2015-09-24 1:47 AM

(2010 Coombs.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2010 Coombs.jpg (42KB - 0 downloads)
pollolittle
Posted 2015-09-24 9:03 AM (#175141 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Classic shirt on a classic dude, and missing his classic hair, I bet that guy had 80's big hair band hair, some white rain, and makeup to highlight his eyes.
varyder
Posted 2015-09-24 11:46 AM (#175146 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I had to chime in from a nostalgia standpoint as the little chicken man waxed poetically with the soft-spoken canuck.
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-24 1:17 PM (#175148 - in reply to #175146)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

soft-spoken canuck.

WELL - THAT'S ME  !!!

Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-24 7:13 PM (#175152 - in reply to #163585)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
hey don.. did you wrestle in the WWF a long time ago ? World Wrestling Federation (1985-1988; 1994-1995)
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-24 8:26 PM (#175153 - in reply to #175152)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Arkainzeye - 2015-09-24 5:13 PM hey don.. did you wrestle in the WWF a long time ago ? World Wrestling Federation (1985-1988; 1994-1995)

They wouldn't let me !  Said I TALKED too much, if you can imagine that ....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™