You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

NEW 2015 MODELS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VIKVISE
Posted 2014-07-29 8:07 PM (#163735)
Subject: NEW 2015 MODELS

Puddle Jumper

Stoughton, WI
HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE 2015 MODELS?? GOT A PREVIEW EMAIL FROM POLARIS YESTERDAY, VERY DISAPPOINTED, AND VERY PREDICTABLE ON MOST MODELS. THEY STILL HAVE THE VISION IN THE LINE UP BUT ONLY IN TWO COLORS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
IndyVision
Posted 2014-08-04 5:42 AM (#163937 - in reply to #163735)
Subject: Re: NEW 2015 MODELS

Tourer

Color choices are pathetic. Black and a 2011 repeat, just pathetic. Oh , but look at the colors on the Indians. The scout has how many? Just pathetic. Guess we know who the Polaris's bastard child is now.
jeffmack
Posted 2014-08-04 6:15 AM (#163939 - in reply to #163735)

Iron Butt

My 08 has 83k miles on it, I'm not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon, hopefully never, enjoy it too much. But if I needed to buy I don't think I would pay for a 2015 vision that has little to no improvement, I'm not a fan of the CC, it just doesn't handle the twisties or has wind protection or as comfortable as my vision. I hope Vic gets their head out of their arse and updates the best touring bike on the planet properly. I'm afraid if things remain the same and I was in the market I'd be leaving the brand. Unreal
varyder
Posted 2014-08-04 8:42 AM (#163944 - in reply to #163735)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

This is like a girl-friend break-up. They'll pretend like they don't want to break up with you if you say you think they want to. They lead you on until one day - BAM!!! they're off with someone else on a trip to the beach... not that it ever happened to me or anything or that I'm still bitter about it....

Edited by varyder 2014-08-04 8:43 AM
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-08-05 4:11 PM (#163993 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
Nice bikes for riders new to Victory vs the cranky riders who already own Victorys. Why so much whining?? Why so much bashing of Ma Vic? I don't get it. Show some support for your mother. No one's perfect.
adolfoch
Posted 2014-08-09 5:18 AM (#164077 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain
BAD BY VICTORY, HAVE NOT DONE ANY Avanze IN VICTORY VISION FROM THEN HAVE NO INTENTION OF SELLING THIS KIND OF MOTORCYCLES, NEITHER HAVE ENTERED IT AND ACCESSORIES AND ALARM KEYLESS IGNITION BY VICTORY? MOTORCYCLES ONLY BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT FITS THE CROSS COUNTRY. DECEPTION OF VICTORY
varyder
Posted 2014-08-09 9:04 AM (#164083 - in reply to #163735)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Love the brand, but their bottom line is their bottom line. Not much love for their customers, which is okay by me. I'm a loyal Victory rider, but they could care less about me, I haven't bought from them now going on seven years and don't plan on buying from them for a few more years. They don't sell loyality, they just sell good motorcycles, Harley and Indian sells loyality.
XRsteve
Posted 2014-08-09 12:42 PM (#164086 - in reply to #164083)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
varyder - 2014-08-09 9:04 AM

Love the brand, but their bottom line is their bottom line. Not much love for their customers, which is okay by me. I'm a loyal Victory rider, but they could care less about me, I haven't bought from them now going on seven years and don't plan on buying from them for a few more years. They don't sell loyality, they just sell good motorcycles, Harley and Indian sells loyality.

Sad but true. The aftermarket high performance shops are different. It seems that Lloyd Greer @ Lloyds Performance, Kyle Crandall @ KMC Powersports, KevinX @ Southermotorworx and Rylan Voss @ The Vic Shop really care about their customers and supply excellent service. Dealers are hit and miss and Polaris, well, it's a Billion dollar corporation with their fingers in all kind of different pies, Victory motorcycles being just one........
IndyVision
Posted 2014-08-09 3:45 PM (#164089 - in reply to #163735)

Tourer

It's hard to understand how you plan to grow a company when you keep reducing your selections. Look at what's gone. Kingpin, Non black Vegas, non black Hammer, Hammer S, Jackpot, Boardwalk, Judge, cross roads LE, cross roads, cross road 8-ball, Hardball. Let's not forget all the ness bikes. The Vision, and Jackpot. When you look at it, almost half of the bikes that were made at one time are gone. I'm only talking models from 2003 and newer, excluding the TC. I think Victory is going down a dangerous road with more and more limited options as far as bikes. Only 1 bike is under $12,000. That's very scary. Nothing under 106 cubic inch.
varyder
Posted 2014-08-09 5:23 PM (#164091 - in reply to #164086)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

XRsteve - 2014-08-09 1:42 PM varyder - 2014-08-09 9:04 AM Love the brand, but their bottom line is their bottom line. Not much love for their customers, which is okay by me. I'm a loyal Victory rider, but they could care less about me, I haven't bought from them now going on seven years and don't plan on buying from them for a few more years. They don't sell loyality, they just sell good motorcycles, Harley and Indian sells loyality. Sad but true. The aftermarket high performance shops are different. It seems that Lloyd Greer @ Lloyds Performance, Kyle Crandall @ KMC Powersports, KevinX @ Southermotorworx and Rylan Voss @ The Vic Shop really care about their customers and supply excellent service. Dealers are hit and miss and Polaris, well, it's a Billion dollar corporation with their fingers in all kind of different pies, Victory motorcycles being just one........

Give recoginition where recognition is due.  If it wasn't for Ness, Lloydz, KevinX, Rylan, and Kyle, Victory would not be Victory today, I'm convinced of that.  If there is any Victory culture, that is the foundation.  I keep mentioning that because Harley has made it standard to sell family culture above anything else.  Companies like Levi's, Old Navy, Apple, Xerox, Canon, Coke, Pepsi, and I could go on, along with Harley Davidison is that "In Your Face" sells.  It doesn't have to be the best, they just got to convince you that you can't live without it. 

Victory has made lame attempts over the years that year after year has Petered out.  Ride one and you'll own one doesn't seem to draw folks in, but it's as true as you can get to what Victory is trying to accomplish.  Where's Gunny?  Where's Arlen?  Where's the Newest American Motorcycle?  The Magnum is truly the first bike since the Vision that has a course to sparkle the curiousity of the masses. The rest of them are just "muh" okay, that's a cool bike, but they're not flying off the shelf.  Only for the purpose to draw folks in, Victory has ZERO excuse as to why they didn't go all out premium sound on the Vision with blue tooth, keyless ignition, etc two or three years ago.  All they've really done was update ipod connection and GPS. 

I'm not complaining, I'm over the top ecstatic still about my Vision.  But the masses want the gadgets and the flashly things.  So they buy Indian, first year they slam effort into restyling the Victory frames and put retro look onto it and call it a Cheif, Chieftain and Vintage and sell it at a competative price.  That alone says volume what Polaris thinks of Victory.  I'm not holding my breath for some revolutionary Victory to hit the streets anytime soon, if ever.  It's still a crying shame because with a little more in your face from Victory, Victory would be a true competitor.  But, why do that now and risk anything they are putting toward Indian.  The Scout is the bike that they were talking about last year that would move Victory in a different direction.  Sadly, truer words have never been spoken since it hit the streets with the Indian badge.  So, it's hard at this point for Victory to pull anything NEW out of the hat when Indian is reborn along with the culture, and Victory still stands as a very good motorcycle done right.

Think culture - without that bikes do not sell.  Even the sports bikes have a culture that draws the young crowd.  I've talked to way too many people who flat out say they don't want a Victory, they want a Harley because that is what everyone else has.  I even know of an ex-Vicster that sold his Vegas and bought another Harley because that is what his riding friends rode. 

Sorry for the rant, I'm content with Victory, love the brand!

Edited by varyder 2014-08-09 5:26 PM
willtill
Posted 2014-08-09 5:56 PM (#164093 - in reply to #163735)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Went to Chesapeake Cycles today in Annapolis (just for another reason to ride) and sat again on the Indians. Nah... not as comfortable as my Vision. Pretty nostalgic but I am now passing on them. They just don't have the laid back, cruising attitude of what we know the Vision is about.

I did swing by a Harley Dealer today though... and they have a 2008 Big Dog Ridgeback on the floor though (for 16,900.00) which I think is too much. But I love those choppers and one of my bikes may be going in for a trade on it. I am still contemplating that; especially if I can talk the price down.

Big Dog retail for this particular bike is: $14,920.00 The HD dealer is smoking crack again....

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/big-dog/ridgeback/2008-big-dog-ridge...

My Vision will not be considered in the trade though.

Edited by willtill 2014-08-09 5:59 PM
IndyVision
Posted 2014-08-09 6:30 PM (#164094 - in reply to #163735)

Tourer

When the cross bikes were released, all you heard was how much Victory sales had gone up. At the 2012 and 2013 AVR it was obvious that the cross bikes were a game changer for Victory. Harley people were switching over, the AVR attendance was up, things were going well. And then Indian was released and Victory seems to have no identity. Dropping models and releasing failures has made Victory lose all momentum. I think that's a key. Victory has lost all it's momentum.
el spanky
Posted 2014-08-09 8:45 PM (#164098 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I agree Victory would be less if not for Mr. Ness and others!!!
kmt27
Posted 2014-08-09 9:49 PM (#164099 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

Davenport, IA
Lets not get our briefs in a wad. I beleive Polaris (Victory) has a great business model. Spirit lake production faculty is going through retooling and manufacturing modernization, committed to the brand. I believe in them. Hey, look what Honda did by moving their production back to Japan for the Gold Wing! Honda did not even produce Gold Wings for over a year during the switch over. In Japan, Honda retooled, then came out with a new Gold Wing a year after that. Therefore, with all the investment Polaris is putting in Spirit Lake, I am estatic and proud to be a supporter of an innovated company! 2015 models may be a "yawn" for Victory this year, but I am optimistic they have some great changes coming! Over 4 years owning my 09 Vision, and still loving it. I promote and lift up my brand everywhere I go, and to who I discuss bikes with.
DSmith
Posted 2014-08-09 9:55 PM (#164100 - in reply to #164093)

Cruiser

Bainville, & Mesa, AZ, MT
willtill - 2014-08-09 4:56 PM

Went to Chesapeake Cycles today in Annapolis (just for another reason to ride) and sat again on the Indians. Nah... not as comfortable as my Vision. Pretty nostalgic but I am now passing on them. They just don't have the laid back, cruising attitude of what we know the Vision is about.

I did swing by a Harley Dealer today though... and they have a 2008 Big Dog Ridgeback on the floor though (for 16,900.00) which I think is too much. But I love those choppers and one of my bikes may be going in for a trade on it. I am still contemplating that; especially if I can talk the price down.

Big Dog retail for this particular bike is: $14,920.00 The HD dealer is smoking crack again....

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/big-dog/ridgeback/2008-big-dog-ridge...

My Vision will not be considered in the trade though.

I don't think I could trade any of the bikes you have listed for the Ridgeback, maybe you should just add another bike to the stable.
mgoblue
Posted 2014-08-10 12:56 AM (#164102 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

GREAT BIKES, garbage company to deal with and horriable dealer network. Enough said about Polaris. The company itself treats there dealerships like shit and in return many dealerships treat thier customers like shit. That is why i went back to HD. I am not speaking for all Vic dealers but here in southwest MI. the only good dealer was forced out of business years ago cuz they wanted him to sell there quads, he wanted to sell bikes. Polaris said fuck you so out of business he went. The rest of the dealers around here are pricks i went to the other side of the state to buy wifes C.C. I don't even want to get started about Polaris, they make some real quality stuff. I rode there sleds for years and would not own a CAT or a Ski-Doo or whatever but God damn it everytime you needed something warrantied or even replaced winter would be over by the time you got it. Vic is the same way, well duh because they are Polaris. Vic will never be bigger than what they are now cuz they refuse to market them selves. For fuck sakes make some apparel or something. Sorry about that rant they just really piss me off for some reason. I am still pissed that my wife would not buy an HD and she works for them. The only reason she got the Vic it was the only bike with a fairing that would fit her without doing thousands of $$$ worth of shit to the bike.
Eric
Posted 2014-08-16 7:06 AM (#165303 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

Duanesburg N.Y.
well i am lucky enough to have a dealer who is great!! In up state New York I go to Menneto's victory. If you are thinking the name is familiar well your right. The dealers brother is Steve menneto, vice president of polaris and my dealer is just great. Great service and work done there. He represents the brand the way it should be done. The 2 local harley dealers, Sptizies harley and Brunswick harley told me to my face that they did not want my flh police special to take in on trade due to there was no retail market for them and they wouldnt be able to sell it. I stopped at the vic dealer at 1230 pm on a saturday not knowing that the dealer dealership was closed and caught Mike Menneto doing paper work at the counter all by himself. He sat with me for 45 minutes before I found out that he was closed!! He said that taking my bike in on trade was no problem and i came back in on the following monday and made the deal and rode out on a new vision tour premium. He had my bike sold with in 2 weeks!!! No market for police bikes huh ? Have 14 000 on the vision now, when my bike jumped off my bike lift and landed up side down on the concrete floor he was the one who fixed it and it came out great!! He does great warranty work and honors every thing. That being said, my victory club adirondack victory riders always do the victory demo days and handle all the demo rides so I get to ride all the new victorys many times and we have done the indians also..Untill victory decides to fix the present problems on their bikes I will no buy another. My 09 as you all now being an earlier model before an update the transmission just sucks with 4th and 6th being very noisey, the shifting is very notchy and bangs every gear, the trunk rattles, radio sucks, fit of parts blows, and dont even get me goinging on the bad fuel mapping and back fireing. some of the stuff I have dealt with myself but I get to ride all the new models and when victory put as much attention to the vics as they have done to the indians I will never buy another victory. the new transmissions still suck, they are a litttle quieter but still have terrible shifting quality and make way too much noise for a touring bike, the fit and finish are not great, the colors suck!! the update that should be done to the ney models are not there.. OOOHHHH I ad a big wheel to the front of another same old model and big deal right? When riding the Indians the power train is like butter, power is good, fuel mapping is great and any bugs they have they are working on instead of ignoring like victory does. Bottom line victory is on the back burner right now as polaris devotes all their time and energy to indian and hopefully they will come back home and not forget what got them to where they are now but I have got to say I have been surfing the Harleydavidson web site more and more and looking at their new models of bike and going Hmmmmmmm Eric
Tom13
Posted 2014-08-16 9:31 AM (#165308 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

ktm27 I agree with you. I believe that with the factory going through all the expansion this year they had to cut back until they get everything up a running at a new normal pace. Tweeking all the new equipment will take time and with hopes next year they will come out with the changes everyone wants. I have had very good luck with any problem I have had account living in the North during the Summer and South during the Winter I have 2 different dealers I deal with. Case in point I purchased a tall windshield for mine only to have the cover haze the lexan. Called the factory support line since I purchased it up North. The only thing they asked of me was if I would return it to the dealer I purchased it from. Upon my return 4 months later, I took it in and they sent it to the factory for testing and then sent me a new one within two weeks. I am totally happy with the way it was handled and now they may actually have some soft cloth sewed into the covers to protect the windshields hopefully. See being nice and part of the solution worked very well for me. As they say "ride one you own one" well that worked for me also..... I will wait and give them a break for this year if next year they do the same thing then I will believe what others have to say about this years models and their business decisions. Until then ride on!!

Edited by Tom13 2014-08-16 9:35 AM
Invictus
Posted 2014-08-17 4:31 PM (#165342 - in reply to #163939)

New user

If you really believe the Vision is truly the best touring bike on the planet, then why would you consider a different brand? Illogical thought process.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-08-22 6:58 PM (#165470 - in reply to #163735)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
can you imagine being one of the owners of the Victory models that are NO longer being made.. Imagine how well aftermarket and Victory support will be for accessories specifically related to those models.. Unless those models are barely so different that it doesn't matter. ? If anything this has the potential to shake some faith in Victory's decision making abilities.... Create "new" model that later are not something people really were interested in the first place. in a slight way, the Vision hasnt been Victory's cash cow either.... and they spent alot of time and $$$ creating her!! once again. could investors or fans of Victory be a little shaken by this? Im not giving any Dooms Day forecasts for Victory.. just pointing out facts and opinions.. one of the very things i hates about Kawasaki was, a model would late a few years then be gone.. this way of doing things made the aftermarket world not want to invest in Kawasaki..
huts'putt
Posted 2014-08-22 7:49 PM (#165473 - in reply to #165470)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
I had a conversation with Zach Ness when he was in the Wisconsin Dells with the Hot Bike Power Tour, and he also has the opinion that there will be some exciting things coming in 2016. He wouldn't elaborate, but from what I could read into our conversation, Polaris is happy the way the Indians are being accepted and now Victory is now going to get the attention it needs.
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-08-22 11:29 PM (#165481 - in reply to #163735)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
As I've said before, now that the Indian rollout is done, IMO, the focus will be on Victory, but in a different way. Indian will compete in the premium cruiser and touring markets, while Victory will compete as a full line motorcycle company like BMW, Honda, Triumph, or Yamaha, and so forth. I can see Victory come out with a full line of motorcycles, i.e. adventure bike, sports/supersport bike, naked bike, and so forth. There's no reason why there isn't an American brand competing in those markets. Polaris already has the know how to make off-road vehicles. How hard is it for them to come out with an adventure bike or a sports bike especially with the Scout motor? I see great things in motion for Victory. Victory and Indian will exist just like Chevy and Cadillac, Toyota and Lexus, Nissan and Infinity, Volkswagen and Audi, and so forth.
Also, once sales numbers go up, we may see more stand-alone dealerships with Polaris products only. The problem with these 'motorsport' dealership, the techs work on all kinds of makes, so how good can they be working on Vics, especially if they work on 10 Hondas/Kawis to 1 Vic. Those who are fortunate to have dedicated Vic dealers probably have a much better ownership experience than those that do not. Vic/Indian needs to sell more bikes so that investors will invest their money in a Vic/Indian dealership. When a company only sells about 20-25,000 bikes a year, it's hard to justify having an extensive stand-alone dealership network. Now with Indian, rumor has it that the sales numbers will close to double, I can only see the sales numbers go up in the long run for both Victory and Indian.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™