You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Avon Cobras
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

joe schmoe
Posted 2014-09-28 6:55 PM (#167114 - in reply to #165577)
Subject: Re: Avon Cobras

Tourer

East TN
I use Avon Cobras on my Vision, they are FAR SUPERIOR to the crappy Dunlop E3's...Grip, wet traction, tar snakes do NOT bother a Avon Cobra tire.
I have gone through 4 rear tires and have averaged 7K miles, but they were NOT cruising miles, they were dragging floorboards, passing crotch rockets on the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway riding having a blast riding miles....
I got just over 14K on the front tire and they never once gave me concern of breaking loose or letting up their grip...But as noted above, once they start showing wear, their done!! Check the air pressure regularly and ride....They are a GREAT TIRE if you want to REALLY RIDE and see what a VISION can do in the twisties!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-09-28 8:26 PM (#167116 - in reply to #165577)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
On Friday, I installed my 2nd set of Cobras...they are absolutely amazing. They do require keeping a close on tire pressure. I am seriously thinking about installed a TPMS. Right now leaning toward the Doran solution.
Vladezip
Posted 2014-10-09 12:27 AM (#167257 - in reply to #165577)

Glendale, AZ United States
Adjunct to the previous post I did a few months back. I'm at roughly 8000K miles since installed and the rear tire is shot and needs to go. I got 18K out of the E3s so will be going back. I average 12-15K miles/annually and can't justify financially going through two sets of tires instead of one set each year, especially since there is not much of a price difference between the two. Spend it if you got it, but not for this working stiff here. Since I'm on a two wheel grey hound vs a sports tourer longevity is important to me and the E3s will also rise to the occasion in the twisties when pushed, but the Avon was effortless. Vlad.
willtill
Posted 2014-10-09 6:59 PM (#167271 - in reply to #165577)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I will use nothing but Dunlop E3's on my Vision. The front tire still looks really good after 18,000 miles, just replaced the rear (and it could have gone EASILY) to at least to 20K.

Running 40psi front and 42psi rear consistently. Never experienced such a long lasting M/C tire. It's all good.

Edited by willtill 2014-10-09 7:01 PM
Jimbo62
Posted 2014-10-09 11:33 PM (#167273 - in reply to #165577)

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
+1
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™