You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Another front fender craps itself
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Savage1
Posted 2014-10-17 5:03 AM (#167354)
Subject: Another front fender craps itself

Puddle Jumper

My Vision a 2012 purchased as a new demo model (no kilometers) last year, so the bike is technically less than 12 months old with 14000 kilometers on the bike.

I've been keeping an eye on the fender and today found a crack in the same place they all break, front rear fender at the fork mounts.

Just thought I'd register my failure.

Has anyone had an issue with a warranty claim on this (I'm still well within warranty)

I know there is some sort of an investigation on this. Is there any word on Victory taking responsibility for this issue and supplying us with a permanent fix.

Thanks for any feedback

Edited by Savage1 2014-10-17 5:06 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2014-10-17 8:27 PM (#167364 - in reply to #167354)
Subject: Re: Another front fender craps itself

Tourer

Central Illinois
You need to file a complaint with the NHTSA. They are in the early stages of an investigation and need the data of how often it happens.
Wedge
Posted 2014-10-21 11:09 PM (#167420 - in reply to #167354)

Cruiser

I have an 0-12 with 10k miles. I'd better take a better look at mine.
Davet
Posted 2014-11-18 10:17 AM (#168787 - in reply to #167354)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
Savage1...

Vic has been replacing the fenders but it takes time to get it done (from what I've read on other posts). It's pretty much up to the dealer to get the job done. So, the alacrity with which the job is done is a test of your dealer's commitment to service you.

The principle of the matter--it's under warranty, it breaks, the company should correct the problem.

The reality is--Vic knows about the problem has done its own evaluation and decided the problem's cosmetic. Not enough of a problem to warrant a safety recall (although those who have experienced the fender breaking while riding will tell you different).

Some in the VV community, aware of the fender problem, have taken steps to insure no further failure; namely, Witch Doctor! Here's a site to purchase a single-piece VV front fender:

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/2621/victory-motorcycle-parts-body-fen...

Good luck...

johnnyvision
Posted 2014-11-18 5:51 PM (#168798 - in reply to #167354)

Visionary

Funny its never the outside bolts its always the inside bolts. I don't think the hole is tapped deep enough
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™