You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wanting Earbuds Instead of Helmet Speakers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

BruceHarrisJr
Posted 2014-10-21 8:07 PM (#167416)
Subject: Wanting Earbuds Instead of Helmet Speakers

New user

Burlington, North Carollina USA
Howdy all! I have a 2011 Vision with all of the OEM communications equipment installed i.e. intercom, CB radio, am/fm, XM satellite. If possible, I'd like to be able to just have a rider/passenger microphone for use with the intercom and earbuds for listening to XM and CB radio. Any ideas or thoughts on how or where I could get such a system would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
atvtinker
Posted 2014-10-22 7:40 AM (#167424 - in reply to #167416)
Subject: Re: Wanting Earbuds Instead of Helmet Speakers

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Here's a thought. Get a J&M helmet headset and have someone replace the helmet speakers with a 3.5mm female jack and keep the speakers and put a male 3.5mm jack on that end that way you could use the earbuds and when you get tired of that you could put the speakers back in. I personally am using a Cardo G4 that I did the same thing with. You can get the 3.5mm jacks from Radio Shack and any competent electrician or audio person can put them on.
jeffmack
Posted 2014-10-22 4:06 PM (#167430 - in reply to #167416)

Iron Butt

New sena smh-20 works with ear buds. Not familiar with your set up, but hope it helps
rdbudd
Posted 2014-10-24 3:01 PM (#167450 - in reply to #167416)
Subject: RE: Wanting Earbuds Instead of Helmet Speakers

Visionary

Jasper, MO
BruceHarrisJr - 2014-10-21 8:07 PM

Howdy all! I have a 2011 Vision with all of the OEM communications equipment installed i.e. intercom, CB radio, am/fm, XM satellite. If possible, I'd like to be able to just have a rider/passenger microphone for use with the intercom and earbuds for listening to XM and CB radio. Any ideas or thoughts on how or where I could get such a system would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Are you wanting to use earbuds instead of helmet speakers? A J&M helmet speaker setup would plug directly into your bike.

Edsets makes the earbud adapters for the 5 and 6 pin systems and has promised to release a 7 pin version. I do not see it on his website yet. You might call him http://www.edsets.com/product_details.php?item_id=161

Ronnie
Soarer
Posted 2014-11-11 5:33 PM (#168667 - in reply to #167416)
Subject: RE: Wanting Earbuds Instead of Helmet Speakers

Puddle Jumper

you can also check out 'plugup' version... it does work. Only problem is it eventually 'breaks' because it's not rigid - got about 3 riding seasons out of mine before it died today... lol

I sent email to EDsets to see if he's making the 7 pin system...

link to plug it up: http://www.plugup.com/5_pin_6_pin_7_pin_audio_mic_stereo_earbud_ada...
Nitemare
Posted 2016-11-15 5:00 PM (#189938 - in reply to #167416)

New user

Billings, MT United States
Be careful with ear buds, in some states it is illegal to use earbuds/headphones while operating a motor vehicle!!!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™