You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

What am I missing?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

MaddMAx2u
Posted 2015-02-14 10:48 AM (#169832 - in reply to #169628)
Subject: Re: What am I missing?

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Tony, I'm guessing you have been on the motorcycle scene for less than 10 years. No one but HD offers what you describe. What you are missing is the decades of heritage and the almost 40 years of revival in Harley Davidson bikes. I believe the brand began to become mainstream in the 80's and has been growing like gangbusters ever since. So now you have a large dealer network and all the goodies that go along with it, including dealers that make tons of money, have service bays fuel all the time with 3-10 full time mechanics and can offer free wash and wax with your service. Ever seen your Vic dealer with that much service in the bay?

I remember in the 70's the HD network was as sparse as the Vic network. Only a few bought HD. Why you expect Vic's to be where HD is when HD sells over 250,000 bikes a year and Vic only sells a fraction of that is beyond me. But if you want that kind of dealer network, buy an HD, as NO OTHER BRAND has that kind of clout.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2015-02-14 12:45 PM (#169834 - in reply to #169628)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I have no impeccable service record on my bike, abuse is really the word, but the bike keeps on ticking. The case is unbroken, I haven't even pulled the covers. Spark Plugs, oil drain and filter, and exhaust pipes are the only things that have pulled off the block. I agree that Victory has never tried to sell culture, but that is what makes the bikes sell. HD, Indian, Big Dog, choppers, euros, gold wing, and crotch rockets are culture based sellers. Most of the guys I met who ride any of those will not give it up for anything. There are very few who truly will stay with the Victory brand. You are an example of that, because you don't feel loved by the mothership. I expected that when I bought the Vision. The mothership no longer knows my name, but that is okay, I've lived without her since my warranty ran out in 2011. You do what you feel is best TJ, if you can get on another bike and be happy, do it, and do it quickly, life is to short to live wishin' and hopin'...
Tom13
Posted 2015-02-14 3:02 PM (#169835 - in reply to #169628)

Cruiser

I to switched up from the Harley culture but then I am considered a Lonewolf rider most of the time. One of the reasons I made the switch is HD has always been more of a culture than quality. Come to think about it, quality has never been their high point. Reasons I say this was at 27,000 miles my 07 ultra had a catastrophic failure where a part in the primary failed which the dealer knew was a weak link. But chose not to mention this would fail at this many miles on most of the bikes for this year. No they just let them fail and then you better hope you have the extended warranty. Final cost for this "little" problem ended up being 5800 bucks. I already paid in the area of 26 to 27,000 bucks for with the extras I did to it. Between the 300 to 500 dollar service requirements every 5000 miles tires every 8500 miles it was a matter of cost period. Now as time has gone by the price to advertise for them was well over 30 bucks for a tee shirt. Not to mention I still have my basket case 91 Heritage Classic that needs a tranny and motor at 67,000 miles. Come on HD least you could have done is give a small bottle of KY with every purchase.

Then after having over 30 grand in the bike they wanted to low ball me on a trade when the bike had a brand new motor and primary installed with less than 7,000 miles on it. So yea I am a very disgruntled former HD owner. If you have to have the weekend lunches and hang out with the weekend crowd a the dealership then by all means go for it. But for me this is not what riding for me is about.

My riding includes those nice 30 degree nights and 110 degree days. My riding requires more than average maintenance because of the miles I ride a year. I also like to know that sure I not only didn't pay as much for my 2013 and after everything that has been done I still have less then my 07 Ultra cost out the door new way back when. In the long run I will get 2 types of returns from this ride. Longevity and cost of maintenance. The only thing I would like to see Ma Vic change is let the dealers be proud of the brand and market their own tee shirts with the brand name. Still believe that this can be done for around 25 bucks instead of 35 like HD. The reason, it is kind of nice to be loyal and proud of the brand at the same time promoting what I feel is the best bike for the buck American made around. It would be fun to show people all the places I have been with my Victory and God knows for sure I will have more cash in my pocket to go to all these places enjoying what this country has to offer. Especially on a product that has been made by the hands of my brothers and sisters right here in the good old USA. Victory is by no means perfect but then if you look at the average maintenance cost for all bikes it sure does shine..........

Ride hard, Keep the rubber down............

Edited by Tom13 2015-02-14 3:29 PM
Tom13
Posted 2015-02-14 3:44 PM (#169836 - in reply to #169628)

Cruiser

Another thing to think about TJ is Ma Vic is going through some major growing pains over the last year. Think about it one factory 2 brands rolling out of it now. Big time expansion pains!!! I really don't believe that Ma Vic is dissing the Victory brand as much as they are trying to deal with production problems and kicking out a new/old brand in the right way which after seeing them a few weeks ago, not for me but, a very beautiful classy well thought about product.

After talking to a Victory Factory Rep at the Motorcycle show in Dallas a few weeks ago these very things were brought up. I was also told that 2016 was going to bring about many new things and 2017 many more. Now with announced expansion going on in the Southern part of the country I do believe all of this is for one reason. Not making this brand obsolete........ My best to you in the direction you decide to head as it is about the only freedom we have in this country anymore.......

Edited by Tom13 2015-02-14 3:49 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™