You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

"Victory Brake Pedal . com" Question Please
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Pops
Posted 2015-02-19 6:26 PM (#169878)
Subject: "Victory Brake Pedal . com" Question Please

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Hey,

I purchased the "Victory Brake Pedal" from victorybrakepedal.com for my Vision.

Looks good and seems to work fine.

However, my Bud, who is an engineer, looked at my newly mounted pedal and said the new pedal's weight will ruin the rear master cylinder. The stock master cylinder is not designed to carry the pressure and the wear and the vibration the heaver pedal will put on it.

It is a lot heaver than the original little brake peg.

Any thoughts or any experience with this brake pedal?

(brake_pedals_03.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments brake_pedals_03.jpg (13KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BumbleDB
Posted 2015-02-19 8:39 PM (#169881 - in reply to #169878)
Subject: Re: "Victory Brake Pedal . com" Question Please

Cruiser

If the lever it is attached to is coming all the way back up when released, then you're fine. If it does not come all the way back up, then put a heavier return spring on the bottom of the assembly. It will not hurt the master cylinder, but if it doesn't return all the way it might keep your brake light on. If it's heavy enough, it could keep your brake on, but you can easily check that by pulling up on the lever. If it is at the stop, you're good.
Pops
Posted 2015-02-20 5:25 PM (#169885 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

It returns fine. The brake light goes off. I rode down some bumpy roads with the cruise set, bike bouncing around, and it worked fine. If the brake light had flashed on, because of the pedal moving, the cruise would have cancelled. All appears well.

However, I do notice the brake pedal does return slowly as the new pedal weighs a lot more than the original.

Where is the return spring? Is it inside the master cylinder?
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2015-02-20 5:25 PM (#169886 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
Your brake pedal looks like it's from Dain. I've had mine on for over a year and haven't noticed any problems. My rear brakes have been checked and there was nothing excessive or abnormal noted. It's not like the Dain brake pedal weighs like a brick.

Edited by YENRABSRIDE 2015-02-20 5:37 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-02-20 5:35 PM (#169888 - in reply to #169878)

Visionary

with your fingers check for free play. If you can wiggle the pedal with out it touching the plunger your fine hes wrong
Pops
Posted 2015-02-20 6:54 PM (#169890 - in reply to #169886)

Cruiser

YENRABSRIDE - 2015-02-20 6:25 PM

Your brake pedal looks like it's from Dain. I've had mine on for over a year and haven't noticed any problems. My rear brakes have been checked and there was nothing excessive or abnormal noted. It's not like the Dain brake pedal weighs like a brick.

Yep, Dain's the guy.

Thanks, for the info.
Pops
Posted 2015-02-20 6:55 PM (#169891 - in reply to #169888)

Cruiser

johnnyvision - 2015-02-20 6:35 PM

with your fingers check for free play. If you can wiggle the pedal with out it touching the plunger your fine hes wrong

Yep, seems to be free.

Thx,
BumbleDB
Posted 2015-02-20 7:10 PM (#169892 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

The return spring is on the other end of the lever that the brake pedal is attached to . It is underneath the pivot point of the lever. You should be able to see it at the bottom of the assembly. Sounds like you're ok to me, unless your brakes are slow to release, forget about it.
Pops
Posted 2015-02-20 7:40 PM (#169893 - in reply to #169892)

Cruiser

BumbleDB - 2015-02-20 8:10 PM

... forget about it.

Roger that.

(for get about it.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments for get about it.jpg (143KB - 0 downloads)
Dain
Posted 2015-02-21 8:26 AM (#169897 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

Pops, My bike is the prototype for my pedals. I have had my pedal on it since 2010, your buddy is wrong. When I was developing this pedal I looked at the return spring and tested every aspect and even with my largest pedal you will not be dragging on your brakes. I have sold well over 1000 of these pedals and not one person has said anything about it, putting any pressure on the brake system NOT ONE. You don't have to worry about changing anything at all. The stock spring is strong enough to do its job because it has a different pivot point. I am now also doing powder coating and making exhaust systems.

Thanks, Dain
Pops
Posted 2015-02-21 1:17 PM (#169902 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

WELL GUESS WHAT!!???

I looked this morning and my new bike is MISSING THE RETURN SPRING!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I was asking the question above 'cause I didn't remember seeing a spring anywhere.

That's also why the pedal is a little slow to return home. It had only the return pressure of the master cylinder to return it.

I dropped by my Victory dealer this morning and they gave me a new return spring under warranty. No questions asked. I popped it on and the pedal "pops" right back to the home position. The dealer said this was a first and it was apparently left off at the factory.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES. I'm happy that I found this as I'm sure it may have caused a little extra wear on the brake system with the slow release.

So Dain, all is well! My Bud was correct thinking the return was a little slow. Now we know why!

NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR BREAK PEDAL AT ALL!

SORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION!
willtill
Posted 2015-02-21 2:13 PM (#169903 - in reply to #169878)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Holy sheep chit!

Chit happens....

...can relate; on my DR650; I found that there was no cotter pin holding in the rear brake pedal pivot pin. Someone must've had too much saki the night before my motorcycle was assembled in Japan.

Edited by willtill 2015-02-21 2:13 PM
Dain
Posted 2015-02-21 5:15 PM (#169905 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

Sorry didn't think that your spring might be missing. It's a good thing you got one of my pedals you might have never noticed that the spring was missing without my pedal on there. Hopefully your bike is the only one missing it's spring.

Thanks, Dain
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-02-21 6:18 PM (#169906 - in reply to #169878)

Visionary

Pops
If your dealer didn't notice it before you picked up the bike keep your eye on them.
Am sure you were charged for bike set up. Go in and tell them you want half your money back for not doing in right. Tell them you settle for a $300 dollar store credit.
Check your oil level it might not be right
willtill
Posted 2015-02-21 6:23 PM (#169907 - in reply to #169878)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Never trust a dealer. ALWAYS check your bike yourself. I have had some bad experiences around here... but that has been years ago... turn my OWN wrench on my bikes now...

..still pissed about my front drive sprocket seal going bad... and the dealer could've covered it.... Vic warranty is a sham...
BumbleDB
Posted 2015-02-21 8:43 PM (#169909 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

I'M SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU...... that the dealer had the spring in stock. Or did they pull it off another bike?
Glad to have been of service. Like the rest have said, look over your scoot good. You might want to grab a service manual down load so you can see how things are supposed to look. Pol doesn't have the best QC at the factory, and I think 'Spirit Lake' is a reference to how much booze they drink up there. Great bike, but as you found out, sometimes they're a little sloppy when putting them together. First time I stripped the body work off of mine I found missing fasteners, no marks, never installed.
Pops
Posted 2015-02-22 8:07 AM (#169912 - in reply to #169878)

Cruiser

Don't be too hard on Victory.

I've been riding since nineteen-seventy. Had a lot of different bikes. Seen a lot and I'm very impressed with my Vision. Unless something changes, my Vision is pushing toward being the best bike I've ever owned. I've had her eleven months and seven thousand miles.

I've had two catastrophic failures with motors in a Yamaha and a BMW. Once you've been through something like that, a missing brake spring is almost comical.

Nothing worse than making payments on a motorcycle sculpture sitting in your garage.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-02-22 5:49 PM (#169918 - in reply to #169878)

Visionary

we all love the bike its the dealer you have to watch.
marvin24
Posted 2015-02-22 7:48 PM (#169919 - in reply to #169878)
Subject: RE: "Victory Brake Pedal . com" Question Please

Puddle Jumper

Got one just like it, had it for 1.5 years, no problem yet.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-24 7:21 PM (#173706 - in reply to #169919)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
nice

Edited by Arkainzeye 2015-07-24 7:32 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread