You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Dealer Arrogance
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

MaddMAx2u
Posted 2015-03-08 6:09 PM (#170123 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: Re: Dealer Arrogance

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Dealers are dealers. Cars, Bike, Boats. They are all pretty much the same. Some good some bad, some in between. So when I want to buy a vehicle, I do my research, test ride if possible and know what I want and what I am willing to pay. Then I start making calls. Every dealer in 100 miles. Buying my Vic I called at least 7 dealers before I found the one that was willing to work and sell me a Vision. They gave me the deal I wanted and we both walked away happy. For my last car, I shopped via the internet, then called. Same results. Bad dealers are not worth the time it takes to throw a piece of trash in the can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tom13
Posted 2015-03-16 6:40 AM (#170247 - in reply to #170115)

Cruiser

Davet - 2015-03-08 1:43 PM

I agree with most of what Tom13 states:

1. V is a word of mouth product.
2. The sales staff's poorly educated 'bout the product.
3. If the staff isn't familiar with a product they should refer the customer to a more knowledgeable source. When I was shopping 'round for my VV the local salesman referred me to a "volunteer" he had working in the shop who owned a Vision. That guy was the greatest influence in my decision to go with VV than an HD Ultra! I've since been back to that shop and talked to both the worker and the sales-guy on various occasions. But, the shop help seem to be the most knowledgeable to date.

Now for my gripe...
What does sexual knowledge have to do with selling a bike?
Tom13 states:

" As said above I do believe the training of sales people is lacking of carnal knowledge but then most dealers have multiple brands so there is a lot to know."

Carnal Knowledge (as defined) is:

Carnal knowledge is an archaic or legal euphemism for sexual intercourse.[1] The term derives from the Biblical usage of the verb know/knew, as in the King James Bible and other versions, a euphemism for sexual conduct. An example of this usage is in the first part of the Bible, the Book of Genesis, which describes how Adam and Eve had sexual intercourse and created their first child: "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man with [the help of] Jehovah." ? Genesis 4:1.

So (I guess) turn the torch ON fellas (LOL)....

Living in 2 different areas of the country each year and purchasing my VV at my Northern dealer in La Crosse, WI I can say that both dealers the one at my home in Denton, TX which I did not purchase my bike have been great!! Both dealers have handled warranty issues to my satisfaction. I have done equal business after the purchase with both and always try to help a sales person with a sale if I can. See the thing that I find in most dealers is the sales people do not know enough about the bike/brand to give out the great points it has. It is fun to answer the little questions that can lead to a sale for the dealer also helping out the brand I have endeared so much. I always when I was in the market state to the sales person that I am interested and doing research before I purchase. If the sales person is interested and knows the brand they will be able to promote it as such. As said above I do believe the training of sales people are lacking of needed knowledge, but then most dealers have multiple brands so there is a lot to know.

My salesman loves it when I walk in the door, he will tell his customer to hang on a second, and call me over to help him with the fine points of the bike which I love to do for him. The Victory brand to me is a word of mouth brand by those that own them and ride them. That is exactly what got me interested when a guy next to me had a CC Tour at the Deadwood KOA campground during Sturgis a couple of years ago. Most of us have our reasons to purchase this great bike and it seems that we the owners are the ones to really spread that love of the brand.

***************************************************************************************

I don't live on this sight everyday so I could not apologize for my poor choice of words sooner. Sooooo, Sorry to offend you DaveT for my poor choice of words and thank you for the history lesson. I will make sure I go to church Sunday and repent my sins of word abuse. But you have to admit it is all about the love, lust, or passion we have for our bikes. In the end, it is, the intercourse of verbal to written communication we have for the brand we ride on this forum. Because of that we can find and share the fine details and passion of the brand we love so much..... Now that I stand corrected!!!! I hope and pray that you can find forgiveness and accept the above edited version of my post above. Ya know come to think of it maybe that is what I miss about the people that love the HD brand they are not so f-ing critical and thanks for pointing that out! Which also explains why so many just lurk on this sight when they need information concerning our interest!!

***************************************************************************************
pollolittle
Posted 2015-03-16 8:50 AM (#170255 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Tom13- I'm here for ya. For the opinionated member above who suggests Carnal only means one thing.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/carnal
Full Definition of CARNAL

1 a : relating to or given to crude bodily pleasures and appetites
b : marked by sexuality <carnal love>
2 : bodily, corporeal <seen with carnal eyes>
3 a : temporal <carnal weapons>
b : worldly <a carnal mind>

It appears the word was used correctly and I, a mere hillbilly, kinda figured out what he meant and understood it. Carnal knowledge of a bike would possibly mean that the sales folks have no clue that the awesome Victory 106 has hydraulic rockers. I'm tired but I think that is what they are. Only a die hard motor head would desire to know such carnal knowledge. It's deep, but if it is what you are "into" then carnal it must be. By the way I like the word Carnal and it doesn't always mean "Gettin' your Sexy on!" Now I need a nap.
Oldman47
Posted 2015-03-16 1:47 PM (#171254 - in reply to #170006)

Tourer

Central Illinois
<p>Dealers vary a lot. I visited 2 dealers before I found the one where I bought my Vision. I see no reason to ever go back to those other two but Sportland in Champaign/Urbana has always taken care of me.</p>

Edited by Oldman47 2015-03-16 1:48 PM
bek
Posted 2015-03-24 1:50 PM (#171438 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: RE: Dealer Arrogance

, KY United States
I thought maybe it was just me at first, or maybe they were too busy, but my local dealer really didn't want to take the time to even talk to me about his in-stock Visions. I stopped by twice. They really didn't seem to want to even talk to me, as I stood there waiting for a loooong time while they screwed around talking to each other and being on the phone. Nobody else was in the shop. I ended up buying a Vison from another state and getting a sweet deal because it was used. When I took the warranty transfer paperwork to this local shop, thinking I could give it to them, they didn't even bother taking a look at it and dismissed me immediately, saying something like, "Just mail it in!" and that's all they said.

To contrast, I went to the local bike shop in my small town today to talk to them about an oil change, and they were friendly and all over it. I'd rather get my oil changed by a Victory shop, but they're 50 minutes away and not exactly friendly. I may go with the local guys.
Vladezip
Posted 2015-03-26 12:58 AM (#171478 - in reply to #170006)

Glendale, AZ United States
Bek,

Keep in mind an oil change is an extremely easy procedure to do on the Vision, which should take no longer than 20 min from start to finish in addition to getting everything you need from Amazon with Prime shipping to do it. Short of oil changes, occasional cable lube, air filter, spark plugs, brake pads is all you need to do and you do not have to be a mechanic or posses a strong mechanical skills to do this stuff. I am just trying to save you some money my friend in addition to the added aggravation.

There are videos on youtube from radioteacher and witchdoctors. You bought a long-distance pack camel and it was designed with a lot of thought in mind for that purpose. If I was you, I would ride all over the state until you find an authorized Victory shop to do the big service stuff for you and make a fun day out of it. Vlad.

http://www.amazon.com/2008-2013-Victory-Vision-Tour-Change/dp/B00BL...

Edited by Vladezip 2015-03-26 12:59 AM
Lone Ranger
Posted 2015-04-08 2:45 AM (#171716 - in reply to #170006)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
I can't say enough good things about my Victory dealer. Max Motorsports in Pelham, Alabama (near Birmingham) has a tremendous sales and service staff. Chris in sales, Robbie in parts, and Jack in the service department are awesome! They have always bent over backwards to help me any time I needed it and are really knowledgeable about their products. Tommy once did an Alabama to LA round trip on a Vision. I go out of my way to see them when I need any work done on my Vision. I highly recommend them to anyone.
bek
Posted 2015-04-10 10:57 AM (#171751 - in reply to #171478)

, KY United States
Hey Vlad, just saw this--thanks for the tips. The Victory shop only charges like $18 than that kit, so I'll probably still have them do it, but it's good to know it's easy. Maybe I will watch them so I can do it next time. I am not too mechanically inclined, but have been known to do a few things here and there.

I am definitely all about riding all over the state (and beyond). Heading down to Little Switzerland, NC in about a month for a little get-together of about 30 guys. Getting excited already.

Thanks, man. Take care.
RoteBarron
Posted 2015-04-11 8:14 AM (#171775 - in reply to #170006)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
I agree. Dealers go all ways. I like my dealer but didn't do much looking around (And I'm an analyst by trade so what's with that?) At any rate I may not like what he tells me sometimes but the salesman is a great guy and him and the service dept seem to know what the "Carnal Knowledge" they are talking about......get it...carnal knowledge..... ;-)
bek
Posted 2015-05-04 8:30 AM (#172234 - in reply to #171775)

, KY United States
I have to revise my comment. I went in for an oil change a couple of weeks ago, and my mechanic was nice as could be. I don't remember who I spoke to the first time, but it was like day and night. This guy was all right. The owner was pretty obnoxious, but I really liked the guy working there.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-05-04 9:09 AM (#172235 - in reply to #170006)

Cruiser

I was riding an '85 BMW when I retired in 2002. Because I lived on the road full time for 8 years, I always kept an extra oil filter or 2 with me for those every 5,000 mile oil changes. I hit the BMW dealer on the west side of Oklahoma City to buy a new filter and had to laugh at the "contempt" on the face of the service man who happened to see my bike and trailer sitting out front. However, that's been the only BMW dealership I've seen that kind of attitude. Same with the HD dealership in Corpus Christi TX. I went there 3 separate times to talk to someone about a Road Glide and until my 3rd visit never even got so much as a hello. I even hung around an hour each time.

I'll never understand some of these arrogant attitudes we see out there but that simply means we have to do our own homework before we hit the showroom. For those like me who view visiting a dealership so I can talk bikes and riding as a vacation, however, it's good to find someone who actually rides and "knows" what you're talking about.
chgovision
Posted 2015-05-04 1:16 PM (#172236 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: RE: Dealer Arrogance

Puddle Jumper

Chicago
I HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH A DEALER IN INDIANA, DECIDED TO GO TO ANOTHER DEALER IN MARENGO IL. AND HAVE BEEN TREATED LIKE A KING EVERY TIME I WALK IN THE DOOR, THEY KNOW ME BY NAME AND ALWAYS WILLING TO TALK AND HELP IN ANY WAY.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2015-05-11 9:26 PM (#172380 - in reply to #170006)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
I have had nothing but good experiences with my dealer - Max Motorsports in Pelham, Alabama (just south of Birmingham). The guys there RIDE and are thoroughly knowledgeable about Victory bikes. Great people; great attitudes; great mechanics. These guys treat me great and I am really happy to recommend them.

I bought my Vision in late 2007 and they have kept me going ever since. First rate place and genuinely good guys.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™