You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Dealer Arrogance
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

steve71003
Posted 2015-02-28 9:31 PM (#170006)
Subject: Dealer Arrogance

New user

I have been trying to buy either a Vision or XCT over the last 3 weeks and have visited and talked with 3 different Victory dealers. I live in a more rural area and all 3 are approx. 2 hours away. Since all are the same distance away, I wanted to visit each dealer to see if one would be a better "fit' for me (service policies, accessories, etc.). What I found is an attitude similar to Harley dealers (which is why I will never buy a Harley), ARROGANCE! Basically their attitude is if you want it buy it, the price is the price, you should be happy that we are even willing to sell you one. A real turn off when I am looking at spending $20,000+ on a new bike. I figured out of the 3 I visited, there would be one I would like to do business with. But looks like I will either have to expand my search for another Victory dealer or look for another bike brand to buy.

Has anyone else had similar experience with Victory dealers or is it just me?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2015-02-28 10:16 PM (#170007 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: RE: Dealer Arrogance

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I had a similar experience with one dealer that I tried to buy a new Vision from, and the opposite experience from another, who really worked for my business, and provided great support after the sale with accessories and service.

In my experience, they were complete opposites. Dealers vary.

Ronnie

YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2015-02-28 11:34 PM (#170008 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: Re: Dealer Arrogance

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
Here in Northern California, there's at least 3-4 Victory dealers within a 30-40 mile radius. They cannot afford to be cocky. Besides Victorys aren't like flying off the showroom floor so they have to work for your business. They have to at least be nice to you until you sign on the dotted line. KTMs, BMWs, and Ducatis, are the cocky dealerships in this area, especially KTMs and BMWs. If their product flies out the showroom before they even get there, who has to be nice especially when buyers are paying what dealers are asking for.
mgoblue
Posted 2015-03-01 12:35 AM (#170009 - in reply to #170008)

Cruiser

ALL Harley dealers are arrogant? I'm not real sure about that. I actually gave up on Victory's because of the garbage dealer network. My wife is management for one of the biggest HD dealers in the midwest and yes they are some what pushy(the sales person that is) but at least they know the product they are selling. So many of the core original Vic dealers are gone because Polaris fucked them. I can name 3 in my area of south west Michigan alone. It is sad that Polaris forces the dealer to carry bikes if they are gonna carry quads, sleads and side by sides. So many of the sales people dont know a damn thing about a Vic. I am not here to bash Vic cuz my wife actually rides her Cross Country to her HD job on a regular basis but one thing is for sure is that HD does know there product.
copperhead
Posted 2015-03-01 7:40 AM (#170011 - in reply to #170009)

New user

SW Michigan? Only the Coldwater dealer has my business. Lansing, Kalamazoo and Caledonia...not so much.
Pops
Posted 2015-03-01 7:56 AM (#170012 - in reply to #170006)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
I like my Victory. I like my dealer.

Guess I should say it more often. Seems like people only speak out when they are dissatisfied.

Did I say that I really like my Victory?
rwilly
Posted 2015-03-01 9:02 AM (#170013 - in reply to #170006)

Tourer

seattle, wa
The Vic Polaris dealer nearest me is run by a bunch of snotnosed kids. The kid behind the parts counter is a douche, the kid behind the service desk is douche. I only go there to buy my oil change kit and that's it.
They don't care whether you are there to buy an $25K motorcycle or a $500.00 lawnmower. They are just there because their mommy and daddy told them to get a job. They have no passion.

Not arrogance...just shallowness.

The closest HD dealer treats people better IMO, I rarely go there either but when I do it is a much better experience.
huts'putt
Posted 2015-03-01 10:13 AM (#170015 - in reply to #170013)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
I must say that the Victory dealers in my area are pretty nice. They treat you good, usually take a few minutes to see how you and your bike are doing, service is really good. Where I bought my Vision, when it's serviced, it comes back washed and nice and shinny. Now, though when I had my new harley, whenever I went in there, the salesman that sold me the bike would hardly acknowledge that I was there. The only time he would really act interested in why I was there, was only if I was going to spend lots of money that day. Most harley dealers I've ever been in the people that worked there acted like you weren't even there.
Cobra830
Posted 2015-03-01 2:21 PM (#170017 - in reply to #170006)

New user

Upper Marlboro, MD United States
I have had the pleasure of working with one of the best Victory Dealers. The folk at Victory of Southern Maryland have created a community of riders and they work hard to keep us connected. Bernie and Melinda are first rate. Based upon their skill and can do attitude, I get all my work done by them.
diamonbird
Posted 2015-03-01 4:28 PM (#170020 - in reply to #170017)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
I have to Second what Cobra830 said, I've never bought a bike from them or parts but have been there three times for open house's and they were real down to earth people and if ever I need something on my bike fixed that I can't fix I'd use them for sure.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-01 5:29 PM (#170021 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

expand your search all you want BUT if you need it repaired or warranty where you going to take it.
Yes there on the arrogance side buy that's cause they have what you want. You would be the same.
If the sales men cut a thousand off the price that might be his house payment or putting food on the family table.
el spanky
Posted 2015-03-01 7:44 PM (#170026 - in reply to #170006)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I travel around the USA.. I live in South East Texas.. The dealer closest only sells @ List unless you show them a sales agreement from another dealer. Corpus Christi seems good dealer and Katy Tx is where I bought my Vision. They also have done all my mods.. Yes I ride 110 miles to there.... But It is a Ride!! The local Polaris Dealer sells everything but Vics...
mgoblue
Posted 2015-03-02 2:20 AM (#170027 - in reply to #170006)

Cruiser

Hey copperhead thats where my wife bought her CC was at Planet Powersports, good people but they are 2 hours away. That cock sucker in Caledonia, Smokin Joes, those guys are dicks. I bought a new 09 Kingpin from them and when i priced my wife CC there and told them the deal i was getting at another place...the old man "Joe" flipped out and told me he would not service my bikes. WTF!!! I bought a brand new bike from this ass. I agree though Leaders in Kzoo dont know shit, Village in Holland doesn't know shit and the guys at Full Throttle in Lansing sell way to much other shit to care about the Vics they could sell.
RedRider
Posted 2015-03-02 4:58 AM (#170028 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

Are you saying they are arrogant because they won't talk price? A dealer does not have to drop the price. If the primary customer is willing to pay the sticker price why should they? Of course this is a poster that doesn't say where they are from?
There are good and bad dealers for anything we want to buy. When I bought Anny they took my '03 in trade which many Vic dealers wouldn't at the time.
Maybe you are just looking for a reason to move on?

The most important factor for me at a dealer is the service department. Good mech and good timely service.
Vladezip
Posted 2015-03-02 8:22 AM (#170031 - in reply to #170013)

Glendale, AZ United States
rwilly - 2015-03-01 8:02 AM

The Vic Polaris dealer nearest me is run by a bunch of snotnosed kids. The kid behind the parts counter is a douche, the kid behind the service desk is douche. I only go there to buy my oil change kit and that's it.
They don't care whether you are there to buy an $25K motorcycle or a $500.00 lawnmower. They are just there because their mommy and daddy told them to get a job. They have no passion.

Not arrogance...just shallowness.

The closest HD dealer treats people better IMO, I rarely go there either but when I do it is a much better experience.

Get your oil change kit online through the Victory website or Amazon and avoid dealing with the douche bags altogether.
Vladezip
Posted 2015-03-02 9:32 AM (#170033 - in reply to #170006)

Glendale, AZ United States
Interesting. You buy new, spend good money, and in this case over 20K, and those bastards across the country do not give you the courtesy and fail to give you a proper reach around or to use KY jelly at the end of the day Believe me, I get it. You spend that kind of money you want the red carpet waiting for you when you arrive

I may have a solution to the problem for some of you, which may be applicable for a different thread, but I will post here anyway. Many of the folks I have talked to over the years on this forum are mechanically inclined and the "do it yourself" type. My suggestion is you buy used. Yes, USED. I am now on my second VV and convinced without a doubt the VV is in a class all by itself by way of value when purchased used. Many of the folks out there not familiar with subtle changes at best with the VV over the years will not know whether this is a 2015 you are sitting on or a 2009 model.

If you don't need/want ABS buy a 2008/09 and spend 10K instead of 20K. There are many 2008/09 low mileage, private party VVs out there. There are really no major differences between a 2010 and new. If anything, the 2010/2011s have more chrome, which run about 12-13K with low mileage on the odometer instead of 20K plus. Spend it if you got it, but that's not my case. At the end of the day, I will plan ahead by way of finances and continue to buy used and leave the KY with the wife.
varyder
Posted 2015-03-02 11:27 AM (#170037 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I have used, very used. 172,700 used, but I bought it new. I thought of getting a 2014 but I figured if this thing keeps rolling, why? I would still ride to California today if I had the chance. Good tires, good oil, starts up fine, and had to finesse it out the ice covered driveway this morning to get to the main road to go to work. All is well in the universe. By the way, I was at the Polaris dealer south of Houston and he tried to sell me a Gold Wing and called my Vision a Hammerhead shark. When I told him to keep his junk and I just rode in from VA looking for the Victory dealer, he shut up. Arrogant, very. But the Victory dealer wasn't much help either, I forget what I was looking for, but whatever it was they didn't have it. With all of that, most Victory dealers are buy if you like, or I can sell you something else, since most are not pure Victory dealers. I go for what I want, thankfully I don't want much. Victory has forgotten my name, it's been 8 years since I bought something big from them. But with that said, not many do I know that has the miles I have, that speaks positive to their product, so why don't they call me?
DarthMonolith
Posted 2015-03-02 2:16 PM (#170040 - in reply to #170006)

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
I ride with PVR, all our meetings are held at Victory of Southern Maryland, we have a great relationship with Bernie and Melinda! Their open houses are great, pancake breakfast and drinks.
willtill
Posted 2015-03-02 5:11 PM (#170042 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I may start taking a cruise down to southern Maryland and check out that dealer. Last time I was up at Cheaspeake Cycles for some warranty work (and they denied the warranty); I also brought a new E3 with me to be mounted on the rear.

During the settlement of my repair bill, they tried to charge me for the tire. Unreal.
varyder
Posted 2015-03-03 5:31 AM (#170045 - in reply to #170006)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Victory of Southern Maryland is the tops in all the dealers I have visited!!!
ljurgens
Posted 2015-03-03 8:06 AM (#170047 - in reply to #170006)
Subject: RE: Dealer Arrogance

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Steve, where are you located? Dealers here in the WI/MN area seem to be pretty good.

stevep3
Posted 2015-03-03 7:41 PM (#170058 - in reply to #170012)

Puddle Jumper

Huntsville, AL
I second that...I like my Victory. I like my dealer. Guys were good from day one. Wouldn't have bought from them otherwise. Sad to think there are "bad" dealers out there.....Seen it with others....HD especially....

Did I say that I really like my Victory and my dealer?

Tom13
Posted 2015-03-07 7:11 AM (#170104 - in reply to #170006)

Cruiser

Living in 2 different areas of the country each year and purchasing my VV at my Northern dealer in La Crosse, WI I can say that both dealers the one at my home in Denton, TX which I did not purchase my bike have been great!! Both dealers have handled warranty issues to my satisfaction. I have done equal business after the purchase with both and always try to help a sales person with a sale if I can. See the thing that I find in most dealers is the sales people do not know enough about the bike/brand to give out the great points it has. It is fun to answer the little questions that can lead to a sale for the dealer also helping out the brand I have endeared so much. I always when I was in the market state to the sales person that I am interested and doing research before I purchase. If the sales person is interested and knows the brand they will be able to promote it as such. As said above I do believe the training of sales people is lacking of carnal knowledge but then most dealers have multiple brands so there is a lot to know.

My salesman loves it when I walk in the door, he will tell his customer to hang on a second, and call me over to help him with the fine points of the bike which I love to do for him. The Victory brand to me is a word of mouth brand by those that own them and ride them. That is exactly what got me interested when a guy next to me had a CC Tour at the Deadwood KOA campground during Sturgis a couple of years ago. Most of us have our reasons to purchase this great bike and it seems that we the owners are the ones to really spread that love of the brand.

Sometimes what seems to be arrogance might be in fact the lack of knowledge and not wanting to show it........

Edited by Tom13 2015-03-07 7:16 AM
Davet
Posted 2015-03-08 1:43 PM (#170115 - in reply to #170006)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
I agree with most of what Tom13 states:

1. V is a word of mouth product.
2. The sales staff's poorly educated 'bout the product.
3. If the staff isn't familiar with a product they should refer the customer to a more knowledgeable source. When I was shopping 'round for my VV the local salesman referred me to a "volunteer" he had working in the shop who owned a Vision. That guy was the greatest influence in my decision to go with VV than an HD Ultra! I've since been back to that shop and talked to both the worker and the sales-guy on various occasions. But, the shop help seem to be the most knowledgeable to date.

Now for my gripe...
What does sexual knowledge have to do with selling a bike?
Tom13 states:

" As said above I do believe the training of sales people is lacking of carnal knowledge but then most dealers have multiple brands so there is a lot to know."

Carnal Knowledge (as defined) is:

Carnal knowledge is an archaic or legal euphemism for sexual intercourse.[1] The term derives from the Biblical usage of the verb know/knew, as in the King James Bible and other versions, a euphemism for sexual conduct. An example of this usage is in the first part of the Bible, the Book of Genesis, which describes how Adam and Eve had sexual intercourse and created their first child: "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man with [the help of] Jehovah." ? Genesis 4:1.

So (I guess) turn the torch ON fellas (LOL)....
olekneedragger
Posted 2015-03-08 1:53 PM (#170116 - in reply to #170104)

Puddle Jumper

The original Victory dealer in my area had their dealership pulled (I spit on the ground after saying their name) and now they only carry Suzuki and Kawasaki. They were subsequently convicted of money laundering because they helped drug dealers turn dirty cash into clean through stretched, customized Busa's and ZX-14's. They even had to change the name in order to keep what little they have left. Those POSs are the primary reason I won't even consider a Suzuki after owning a bunch of GSX-Rs while living in a different area. I think we are going to get lucky with regards to a new Victory/Indian/Polaris dealership. I've met the owners and some of the employees and they are all fairly nice and knowledgeable. The owner has 5 dealerships so he is not a fly by night operator who will be gone tomorrow. The Polaris side is open now with Victory and Indian to follow in about 6 weeks. It's about time because I've been taking my Vic to the BMW dealership to have minor service done on my bike. Lucky for me BMW provides top notch service at, believe it or not, the most reasonable prices in town.

A suggestion to steve71003; If the Stealerships in your area are so arrogant, try cycletrader. You can usually find some good deals on slightly used bikes and only use the stealership for the big stuff which is highly unlikely that you'll ever need with a Vic. Vics are very reliable if you just give em a little love and change out the engine oil and lube the parts that encounter friction from time to time.

Edited by olekneedragger 2015-03-08 1:54 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™