You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Try again.....transmission whine
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2008-10-12 9:19 PM (#20559 - in reply to #19361)
Subject: Re: Try again.....transmission whine

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Careful dwhite, you have to watch the blackholes that sometime show up on the forum. I take your expert advice of experience over hearsay from a salesman any day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dwhite28
Posted 2008-10-12 9:49 PM (#20563 - in reply to #19361)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
Varyder, I know posting on this forum is sort of like walking on a frozen lake. All those creaking sounds and you are never certain when the crack in the ice appears under your feet. Teach did say it was a Victory Rep, there are a few of them that are ok, but I still take most of them with a grain of salt. The best thing Teach and many of us have going for us is the fact many of us have been around mechanical items since we were small. From speaking with my parents, I have been tearing stuff apart and putting it back together since before I could walk. Sort of helps when you also have a father that was a Air Force instructor in power generation, Fluid Power and Diesel power. However, most of us can use our own intuition and are of an age that we still have some “Common Sense” that we know how to research and figure out what is an acceptable answer. Fortunately, for me, most of my heavy equipment experience was spent dealing with prototype equipment on an OEM level. Therefore, I was dealing one on one with the designers and engineers with insight that most people do not get the opportunity to be around. It was my job to make the stuff break and find why and how to prevent it from happening again the next time.
varyder
Posted 2008-10-12 10:16 PM (#20565 - in reply to #19361)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Sounds like you had a dream job of mine. To find out why things break. I grew up around heavy equipment and 18wheelers the early part of my life and Army stuff the rest of my life with a ASE cert. I'm still amazed at what I don't know!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™