You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

V92TC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Denny Pink
Posted 2015-03-30 9:27 PM (#171551)
Subject: V92TC

Cruiser

Owers or former owners of the V92TC;

Any opinions good or bad, on this model? Thinking about buying one, and I realize they were last made 9 years ago. Curious about parts and accessories availability, unique problems, etc. Thanks!
DP

Top of the page Bottom of the page
amessen
Posted 2015-03-31 6:26 AM (#171552 - in reply to #171551)
Subject: Re: V92TC

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
i do know there are people in the community that can fix these but the mech at my shop said that the units prior to 2004 had many issues and few places can fix them or find parts for them. Not sure everyone will agree but that was what I was told. Archie
V92SC
Posted 2015-03-31 6:54 AM (#171553 - in reply to #171551)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
The TC was introduced at the same time the Freedom family of engine architecture was introduced. With that being said that engine, only 92 cu. in. is the same as the current Victory engines and parts or competent technicians should be in in the same abundance,or lack thereof, as all other models. Accessories may be a little slim due to the age and previous demand for that model, but they do exist. Reliability is on par with current Victory products. Your biggest concern will be replacement body parts. The V92TC does have a longer swing arm that is unique to that model. An indept internet search will turn up what is avaiable. Most that owned the TC love them for their stability and toughness.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-03-31 9:23 AM (#171556 - in reply to #171552)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
amessen - 2015-03-31 6:26 AM

i do know there are people in the community that can fix these but the mech at my shop said that the units prior to 2004 had many issues and few places can fix them or find parts for them. Not sure everyone will agree but that was what I was told. Archie

That has not been my experience with my 2000 Sport Cruiser. It has been reliable and I have never had any trouble finding regular wear items. Parts like wheel bearings are very common items that can be found virtually anywhere, as are the things like the TPS (a regular GM part), brakes pads are common, as is the battery. Accessory selection is limited nowadays, but I put several on my bike when they were current.

The TC was the first of the Freedom engined bikes. As such, it came with all the refinements incorporated in the new design. They are solid bikes. Accessory selection may be limited today, but the TC doesn't need many, since it was the first "touring model" from Victory and came with hard bags.

Ronnie
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-31 6:14 PM (#171563 - in reply to #171551)

Visionary

Rylan at the vis shop has one. You couldn't buy better
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-03-31 6:38 PM (#171565 - in reply to #171551)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I bought a new TCD in 2003 and reluctantly traded it in 2010 with 72,000 trouble free miles-it was just getting broke in and solid tourer. The only bad things are the plastic front signals & running light switch that tends to fail-easy upgrades. The front suspension was upgraded in the last couple years of production 05/06.I'd feel every little bump at the end of long days in the saddle, it just needed some suspension tuning to keep the firmness but loose the harshness. I love my vision but I miss the classic look & those big saddlebags sometimes.
GURNZ
Posted 2015-04-01 1:30 PM (#171587 - in reply to #171551)

Cruiser

Spfld, IL but temp Bay area, CA
Still have my 03 TC Deluxe and previous posters are correct--solid, dependable machine and love the classic look. She doesn't get ridden too often anymore but I can't give her up. Accessories will be pretty difficult to find but oither than that, no issues.
JustBob
Posted 2015-04-03 2:45 PM (#171631 - in reply to #171551)
Subject: RE: V92TC

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States

Put 169K on mine before I gave it to my son two years ago. Solid as a rock and never had the engine open.  I modified a Harley Thunder-Header and used a Harley Batwing Fairing and Tour Pack.  It was or is a great bike  

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™