You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

No sound from radio, display is normal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Ditch
Posted 2015-04-01 6:12 PM (#171594)
Subject: No sound from radio, display is normal

Cruiser

I am stumped.
I'm having a crazy problem and wondered if any of you had any suggestions. I had my front end apart this winter due to a cracked main front support. I have put a custom audio system in and I am good at audio and electrical troubleshooting. So, after hooking everything back up the radio isn't putting a signal out to any of the speakers. I hooked a speaker directly to the leads coming from the radio and there is no sound. I have disconnected my negative battery terminal and my positive cable, swapped the fuse, pulled the diagnostics which are reporting the amp is ok. Unplugged and re-plugged the harness multiple times and it clicks in place properly. I have checked for bent or burnt pins and they all appear straight and normal. I am at a loss. Everything was fine before.
Thanks in advance guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BillyJoe
Posted 2015-04-02 5:34 AM (#171597 - in reply to #171594)
Subject: Re: No sound from radio, display is normal

Cruiser

, AR United States
My radio went silent a few months after I bought my 09 Vision. The dealership tried a reflash but it didn't help. They ended up replacing it (twice) under warranty. I don't know what the reflash costs out of warranty. The radio manufacturer apparently repairs their products. Check their website at
http://www.radiosound.com/customer_service.php
Ditch
Posted 2015-04-02 7:44 AM (#171599 - in reply to #171594)

Cruiser

Thank you, I should have put that in the original post. I did find their info and have been trying to contact them this morning. Thanks for reply!
Ditch
Posted 2015-04-02 9:33 AM (#171605 - in reply to #171594)

Cruiser

I pulled it apart and found out I have broken the heat sink leads due to cutting down 2 of the cooling fins to put a gerbing outlet in the console.... Yeah, nice move. So radio sound wants $175 to repair it. I am searching for a local computer repair biz to resolver the leads. I'm open for any other suggestions that may repair heat sinks.
lennyb
Posted 2015-04-02 2:50 PM (#171612 - in reply to #171605)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Consider the $175 repair. If they do the same as I recently experienced they simply send you a new unit. My 08 radio was never great - this one is better - still not great, but worth the swap.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™