You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Greased My Shift Linkage
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-11 6:12 PM (#172375)
Subject: Greased My Shift Linkage

Visionary

Pulled my shift linkage and shifter off and greased everything. Pulled the two bushing greased then and the hex shaft. 

Greased the hiem balls. Put back together and I swear it shifts eaiser and I can find neutrial way eaiser.

Very easy job to do for the most part. 10mm unbolt shift linkage from the arm. Unscrew the 5mm under floorboard. Slide the hole shifter off. Now the hard part undo the snap ring. Onces thats off pull the outer bushing and slide the shifter shaft out the back side.

Slid shifter off slid inner bushing off keep your eye out for the wave washer. Now grease every thing put back together and slide it up the tee slots. No need to take linkage rod off  

(IMG_0012.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0012.JPG (55KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2015-05-11 8:00 PM (#172378 - in reply to #172375)
Subject: Re: Greased My Shift Linkage

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Fascinating!
Pops
Posted 2015-05-11 8:08 PM (#172379 - in reply to #172375)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Anyone tried the Witch Doctor bushings?

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1434/victory-motorcycle-parts-other-st...
bbrist
Posted 2015-05-12 5:48 AM (#172385 - in reply to #172375)

Cruiser

Yes, installed the bushing into the brake pedal, due to brake pedal having movement side to side I removed the old plastic bushings and installed WD brass bushings and the side to side was gone and had a better placement and security on the brake side. The kit comes with enough to due both sides (brake and shifter) I changed out the shifter side and was amazed at the firmness of pedal. the factory nylon bushings don't last long I changed them on the 2012 VV after just a year of riding.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-05-12 9:14 AM (#172388 - in reply to #172375)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Good job Johnny.
Oldman47
Posted 2015-06-15 10:29 AM (#172773 - in reply to #172375)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I find the WD warning a bit unsettling.

"*Note: In designing this part we found that on some bikes the brake pedal pin is tight. You may need to just lightly sand the coating off the bolt and then put the bushings in. Double check for clearance or the brake or shift pedal MAY STICK."

My shifter feels a bit sloppy but I never miss a shift with the stock bushings. At 21,100 miles, I will wait until my nylon bushings wear out.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-15 6:06 PM (#172786 - in reply to #172773)

Visionary

Oldman47 - 2015-06-15 10:29 AM I find the WD warning a bit unsettling. "*Note: In designing this part we found that on some bikes the brake pedal pin is tight. You may need to just lightly sand the coating off the bolt and then put the bushings in. Double check for clearance or the brake or shift pedal MAY STICK." My shifter feels a bit sloppy but I never miss a shift with the stock bushings. At 21,100 miles, I will wait until my nylon bushings wear out.

There not nylon.  It only takes maybe a half hour and worth doing. Make sure your grease the hiem balls 

willtill
Posted 2015-06-15 9:12 PM (#172790 - in reply to #172773)

Visionary

Central Maryland

Oldman47 - 2015-06-15 11:29 AM

I find the WD warning a bit unsettling.

"*Note: In designing this part we found that on some bikes the brake pedal pin is tight. You may need to just lightly sand the coating off the bolt and then put the bushings in. Double check for clearance or the brake or shift pedal MAY STICK."

I saw that as well; and opted not to purchase them.  And all I do is spray white lithium grease into the joints.  Work them back and forth.  Wipe off the eccess.  No need to dissassemble.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™