You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Long time since there's been a darkside thread...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

rainryder II
Posted 2015-06-26 5:38 PM (#173012)
Subject: Long time since there's been a darkside thread...

Cruiser

Had my 2010 Vision 8-ball up at Cliffs' Cycle Center in Bremerton WA, for a bit of brake bleeding, and asked their opinion on car tires. They had an absolute fit! Said if it came in with a car tire on it they would not work on it, period. Wouldn't even change the oil (which I do myself, anyways, but jeez...)! They were so adamant, I wondered where their concern for safety ended and dogma began. Anybody else run across this problem? Their vehemence was so unexpected, it rocked me back on my heels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rainryder II
Posted 2015-06-26 5:47 PM (#173013 - in reply to #173012)
Subject: Re: Long time since there's been a darkside thread...

Cruiser

I'm not savvy enough to yank the rim off by myself, so if a bike shop won't do the job, where do you get a car tire put on? I don't think the local Discount Tire has the skills for such a job. Are all dealerships this way? I just read a lot of threads in the search thing, even watched a video where a guy took his Vic up to 90 mph, and did S-turns 'till he scraped, and except for ruining his GoPro, everything looked really good performance-wise. A very compelling case was made for the darkside. It seems some like run-flats, some don't. I had run flats on my Mini Cooper and couldn't get rid of them quick enough, they were noisy and rode hard. Any experiences like that when run flats are on a scooter? Thanks.

Edited by rainryder II 2015-06-26 5:49 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2015-06-26 8:17 PM (#173018 - in reply to #173013)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Neither the local Victory/Kawasaki/Yamaha shop, nor my local independent shop will mount a car tire on a bike, citing liability concerns. They will do anything else, but won't mount a car tire on a bike. The Honda shop will do it though, and there are a couple of Goldwings running them in this area that I know of.

Ronnie
rainryder II
Posted 2015-06-26 8:28 PM (#173019 - in reply to #173012)

Cruiser

Do Hondas have belts on any of their bikes? I know the big ones have shafts...Thanks for the info! I know Kaws have a big belt driven bike, maybe a dealer around here will do the deed when the time comes. I hadn't thought of another brand of bike shop.
j.wales
Posted 2015-06-27 4:58 AM (#173020 - in reply to #173012)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I ran a Riken Raptor on my shaft drive Rocket III for the past three years. Absolutely no issues. Small auto garage did the install but I pulled the wheel and took the CT and wheel to them. It takes about 30 minutes of riding dark side to get used to it, after that ride it like you do the bike tire. I thrashed the Dragon regularly on mine up on the sidewalls where the letter's started. It depends on you, your riding style, and the tire selected. It's not for everyone. Run them slightly under inflated seems to work best and add 2-3 psi two up.
j.wales
Posted 2015-06-27 4:59 AM (#173021 - in reply to #173012)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I ran a Riken Raptor on my shaft drive Rocket III for the past three years. Absolutely no issues. Small auto garage did the install but I pulled the wheel and took the CT and wheel to them. It takes about 30 minutes of riding dark side to get used to it, after that ride it like you do the bike tire. I thrashed the Dragon regularly on mine up on the sidewalls where the letter's started. It depends on you, your riding style, and the tire selected. It's not for everyone. Run them slightly under inflated seems to work best and add 2-3 psi two up.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-06-27 5:24 AM (#173022 - in reply to #173012)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
There is about 1000 pages on the internet about motorcycles running a car tire. I did it on my last 3 bikes..
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-27 5:52 PM (#173026 - in reply to #173012)

Visionary

been running CT for 20 thousand miles no problems. Aftermarket shop will mount it. Maybe not on bike cause they don't know a vision.

(dark.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dark.gif (11KB - 0 downloads)
Don07tncav
Posted 2015-06-27 5:57 PM (#173027 - in reply to #173012)

Cruiser

250000+ darkside mines and over 50,000 on my VV. Ain't had a flaiming crash yet....
IndyVision
Posted 2015-06-27 9:47 PM (#173031 - in reply to #173012)

Tourer

30000 on my 1st CT and about 20000 so far on the 2nd. Two different Vic shops put them on
rainryder II
Posted 2015-06-29 3:22 PM (#173078 - in reply to #173012)

Cruiser

thanks for all the help!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™