You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision fender recall
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

RedRider
Posted 2015-07-07 4:38 AM (#173226)
Subject: Vision fender recall

Visionary

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Now to set a date to get'r done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2015-07-07 5:31 AM (#173227 - in reply to #173226)
Subject: Re: Vision fender recall

Visionary

Central Maryland
Me too. hate letting the dealer touch my bike though. Last time it was in; it sustained mar marks on the rear clearcoat of the backend.

I wonder if they would just give me the damned bracket; and I can install it myself. They can go ahead a recoup the cost of installing it anyway...
Highwayman
Posted 2015-07-07 7:18 AM (#173228 - in reply to #173226)
Subject: RE: Vision fender recall

Cruiser

Iowa
Received my letter last Saturday.
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-07-07 7:26 AM (#173229 - in reply to #173226)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I just had the rear section of front fender off for close up inspection & it shows no signs of stress or fatigue-I won't be taking my Vision in for an unnecessary bracket to be bolted on-I just don't like the dealers around here & feel they'll create more problems than will be solved.
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-07-07 7:26 AM (#173230 - in reply to #173226)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I just had the rear section of front fender off for close up inspection & it shows no signs of stress or fatigue-I won't be taking my Vision in for an unnecessary bracket to be bolted on-I just don't like the dealers around here & feel they'll create more problems than will be solved.
willtill
Posted 2015-07-07 8:11 AM (#173232 - in reply to #173226)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Hopefully someone will post a pic of the bracket?

Then we can -reverse engineer it?

boffo
Posted 2015-07-23 4:23 PM (#173676 - in reply to #173226)

Puddle Jumper

My fender broke and got stuck on the way to Sturgis in early June. It got stuck in the fairing limiting the steering luckily this happened as I was pulling into a gas station. Completed the tri without the rear potion. Upon returning home I went to the dealer and ordered another rear fender. While waiting for it to come in Polaris issued a service bulletin authorizing the replacement of the rear fender as well as a bracket to correct the problem. Now after waiting 5 weeks the part is in and my bike is in the shop being repaired. Props to Polaris for finally admitting there was a problem with the design. This will be my 5th rear portion all installed by the dealer hopefully this will be the last.
boffo
Posted 2015-07-23 4:24 PM (#173677 - in reply to #173226)

Puddle Jumper

My fender broke and got stuck on the way to Sturgis in early June. It got stuck in the fairing limiting the steering luckily this happened as I was pulling into a gas station. Completed the tri without the rear potion. Upon returning home I went to the dealer and ordered another rear fender. While waiting for it to come in Polaris issued a service bulletin authorizing the replacement of the rear fender as well as a bracket to correct the problem. Now after waiting 5 weeks the part is in and my bike is in the shop being repaired. Props to Polaris for finally admitting there was a problem with the design. This will be my 5th rear portion all installed by the dealer hopefully this will be the last.
boffo
Posted 2015-07-23 4:24 PM (#173678 - in reply to #173226)

Puddle Jumper

SteveS
Posted 2015-07-23 4:49 PM (#173679 - in reply to #173678)

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
boffo - 2015-07-23 4:24 PM

Boffo, Did/will they reimburse you for the other replacements by the dealer? How many miles on your ride? I have 40K on mine and not a single issue thus far.(Knocking on wooden head)
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-23 5:37 PM (#173680 - in reply to #173226)

Visionary

funny I have a dealer 3 miles away. They're not getting kits till late august. Now I got a letter from a dealer 60 miles away and they said come in so they can inspect it.
My fender broke at the mounting hole. I glued it and put in large flat washer and haven't had any problem. Scared to go to dealer
Oldman47
Posted 2015-07-24 8:11 PM (#173707 - in reply to #173226)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I got my letter too. My "local" dealer is 50 miles away and does not know when they will get the parts in. I am the second one on their list when they see the parts. In the Vision section of theVOG someone posted pictures. Not much to see on an installed brace. Just 4 black screw heads show on the outside of the fender, two on each side.
Highwayman
Posted 2015-07-24 9:58 PM (#173711 - in reply to #173226)

Cruiser

Iowa
Took mine in for the inspection. Both halves had cracks. Back was fixed, but did not have the front piece in black. Has to order it. Now I have to make another trip when it comes in.
boffo
Posted 2015-07-30 12:55 AM (#173985 - in reply to #173679)

Puddle Jumper

all replacements were covered by warranty and were installed by the dealer bike has 37999 miles currently

Edited by boffo 2015-07-30 12:56 AM
RedRider
Posted 2015-07-30 4:39 AM (#173987 - in reply to #173226)

Visionary

Update. Higgin's, Barre, MA got the new brackets in(my fender was not damaged) and did my recall last Friday. It took about 1 hour so they let me take a Slingshot for a demo ride. Nice of them to get it done before I leave for Sturgis tomorrow.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™