You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Thinking about selling my Vision - my agonizing decision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

willtill
Posted 2015-07-09 6:59 PM (#173283)
Subject: Thinking about selling my Vision - my agonizing decision

Visionary

Central Maryland
I have been of late; seriously thinking about selling one of my three motorcycles. When I bought my Vision; it's primary purpose was commuter transportation for me (100 mile round trip to work). However, I have been working from home for the last 2+ years now, and once in a blue moon; I will go into the office. Hardly is justifying keeping three motorcycles around.

My Rocket and my Vision are both my bikes to run on the highway; I have so much money in my Rocket that I may as well die with it; because I certainly will never get my investment out of it from a sale.

So my thoughts of selling continually go back to my Vision. I do need to trim the number of bikes that I have, from three to at least two. The DR650 that I have is great for running errands around on (and it's fun) so I don't want to get rid of it.

Here is a Pic of it. It's in excellent condition; shed kept, only once ridden in the rain and she just turned over 20,000 miles recently.

Not sure of the best way to sell it, with all of the scammers out there (I don't have time for tire kickers and low ballers). I'd like to ask for a bit lower than current KBB retail value. Most bikes I have grown through; I've just traded them in for new ones. But I'm not looking for a trade this time.

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Edited by willtill 2015-07-09 7:14 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
docholaday
Posted 2015-07-09 7:39 PM (#173285 - in reply to #173283)
Subject: Re: Thinking about selling my Vision - my agonizing decision

Puddle Jumper

Savage MN
You are the second guy I've run into that has a Rocket and a Vision. I have an 08 Vision and 14 Rocket. If i had to get rid of one would be the Rocket. Lots of fun but the Vision is more versatile for all around use. If you didnt have some much money in the Rocket would your decision change? Go over to thevog.net and post your bike for sale in the Marketplace section. Might get the views you need to sell it.
j.wales
Posted 2015-07-10 2:35 AM (#173288 - in reply to #173283)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Yes that's a tough one Willtill. Wishing I still had the Rocket in my stable with the Vision. Both are tough bikes to sell as they are decidedly a step above what the kids like. Both engineering marvels. Any sort of consignment type places near you? Other than that, on line.
adirondacks
Posted 2015-07-10 10:14 AM (#173295 - in reply to #173283)

Tourer

Troy, NY
Put a post in this site for sale. How much?
IndyVision
Posted 2015-07-10 11:00 AM (#173296 - in reply to #173283)

Tourer

Compare asking prices on cycletrader.com. Be prepared to sell it for At least $1000 - $2000 less than you thought you could sell it for. I sold a 2013 cross country using that sight. Be prepared for scammers. If a dealer has a similar bike, you'll have to be about $500 - $1000 less. People won't buy a bike from a private seller if they can go to a dealer and get a similar bike for the same price.
willtill
Posted 2015-07-10 11:38 AM (#173298 - in reply to #173295)

Visionary

Central Maryland
adirondacks - 2015-07-10 11:14 AM

Put a post in this site for sale. How much?

I'm thinking of asking 12K for it. But I am not going to immediately post it for sale; since I will be out of the country for a week; the week after next. I wouldn't probably be around to answer any prospective offers for purchase.

Edited by willtill 2015-07-10 11:39 AM
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-10 6:22 PM (#173299 - in reply to #173283)

Visionary

how about dealer selling it
Pops
Posted 2015-07-10 8:10 PM (#173300 - in reply to #173283)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Very handsome bike. Looks like a firefighter edition.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™