You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Sales Men Said
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-11 4:45 PM (#173313)
Subject: Sales Men Said

Visionary

five new models one will be water cooled. He said vision 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwilly
Posted 2015-07-11 10:25 PM (#173315 - in reply to #173313)
Subject: Re: Sales Men Said

Tourer

seattle, wa
Maybe he said he had an apt with an eye Dr.? Needed to get it checked.

I am pretty stoked to see what Polaris brings out this year. I hope there are big things, but I also hope they keep the Vision same as it has been, just with some minor tweaking. Aint too much wrong with it. I would like to see a few changes, mainly a better ECM that is interchangeable with the older Visions.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-12 7:43 AM (#173317 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yeah i hope the vision isNt water cooler.. why ? cause it doesnt need to be. and it doesn't need the added weight and maintenance requirements (plus things to go wrong) .. I hope that if they do make it water cooled that they dont make it ugly, with hoses and coolant reservoir, radiator cap, radiator etc. all in a Very in your face location.. i understand it has to be visible .. i just hope its not very (Honda"ish"
XRsteve
Posted 2015-07-12 11:12 PM (#173328 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. These freedom engines are still fine for large touring platforms. The 106 could be increased in capacity up to 116 cu inches and still not need water cooling. However if Victory wants a sporting model to play with the fast big bore twins like Ducati and KTM or go Superbike racing against 4 cylinder machines yes it will need water cooling just like the project 156 bike, it had 15.0 to 1 compression, for a street version of this engine at say 13.0 to 1 air cooling just can't get the job done. If that same engine is built in a modular format so you can vary the stroke it could power large heavy touring bikes.
XRsteve
Posted 2015-07-12 11:12 PM (#173329 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Time will tell.....

Edited by XRsteve 2015-07-12 11:13 PM
Fastfred
Posted 2015-07-14 12:55 PM (#173433 - in reply to #173313)

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States

I have not seen anything about new models. From what I have seen the Visions just are not selling. I am trying to sell my 2011 and have dropped the price to $9,450. The owners meeting will be coming up at the end of the month. I am hoping they have something new. I love the visions but if you add up all the miles I have done on a Vision I would be over 150K miles. I?m just ready for something different. They need to update things like stereo, GPS, Keyless, bag storage and CANBUS integration to keep up with the market. Don?t get me wrong. I love the vision but it needs some freshening up to stay competitive. Or Victory will be shooting them selfs in the foot. just my 2 cents lol
jimtom
Posted 2015-07-14 1:43 PM (#173434 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Ok, I used to be in the camp of no water cooling, I am now ok with it. Let me explain why. With almost 100K on my Vision, I blew a headgasket from being stuck in 4th of July Pigeon Forge traffic. My bonehead mistake for letting it run long enough to do that (probably over an hour). Got it repaired by Kevin Cross but now every time i get in traffic for over 5 minutes, I start having a panic attack that it will happen again. I'm tired of worrying about it so bring on the water with a fan, if the vision just had a little fan on the oil cooler with a temp sensor, it never would have happened. Yes , traffic jams happen all the time on my long trips on freeways. Memorial day , we were stuck on the freeway for 2 hours in Virginia due to a car chase and shooting. I wish the Vision would get built in GPS, liquid cooling, a little more power, reverse, a better stereo system and easier light bulb changes. That is about all.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-07-14 2:10 PM (#173435 - in reply to #173434)

Cruiser

While I was camped in Butte MT a few years ago, I met a Houston motor cop who had a Harley (I think) cooling fan on the Heritage he was riding. It simply bolted (again, I think), onto the left side of the engine and had a thermometer or something inside the oil tank to let it know when to turn on and off. I think he said they used them on the police force in Houston to deal with all the stop and go traffic but it looked like a good idea to me. Perhaps HD still offers something like that you could fit to your Vision.

I've had 2 motorcycles with water-cooling...an '85 K/100 BMW and a '97 Concours and felt that both bikes kicked out WAY more heat than the Vic. Of course, traffic jams are never any fun but I also never had a bike that was so un-Godly hot as that BMW. A fan might be worth checking in to.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2015-07-14 2:12 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-14 5:42 PM (#173451 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

there is a guy up here with two old computer fans mounted to the lower body work. When he gets caught is hot trafic he turns them on. There only about 4"x4" and are not very loud.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/211-844
V-rodder
Posted 2015-07-14 7:41 PM (#173467 - in reply to #173313)

Cruiser

<p>Rumor is the Vision will be watercooled and will change into essentially a Cross Country with a fixed fairing. Like how a Harley road glide is to a street glide. Not a bad move as I think it will sell a lot better than our current version. It's just to radical for the american market. There is a reason Victory hasn't updated it in 8 years. A Vic rep was quoted as saying they couldn't recoup the retooling costs if they made a change (like bigger saddlebags). Basing a new Vision off their #1 selling platform the Cross Country just makes sense. They lower costs with more shared parts, plus they have a bike that will take sales from HD road glide.</p>

Edited by V-rodder 2015-07-14 7:46 PM
V-rodder
Posted 2015-07-14 7:41 PM (#173468 - in reply to #173313)

Cruiser

<p>As for watercooled, the Vision may not need it. However EPA emission standards keep going up. Hence the move. I say go all the way and do it right, rather than the half baked way HD is currently doing it.</p>

Edited by V-rodder 2015-07-14 7:44 PM
rlreed
Posted 2015-07-19 4:29 PM (#173550 - in reply to #173313)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
I got stuck in traffic in Gattlinburg one time on my 1500 Goldwing. Darn thing overheated and spewed coolant. I had to pull over and wait for it to cool off...
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-19 5:13 PM (#173551 - in reply to #173468)

Visionary

V-rodder - 2015-07-14 7:41 PM

As for watercooled, the Vision may not need it. However EPA emission standards keep going up. Hence the move. I say go all the way and do it right, rather than the half baked way HD is currently doing it.

HD is smarter then you think. Harley riders are pretty set in there ways and don't like big changes to there bikes. So Harley adding water just gets there riders use to the idea. Then bang Harley will have water 

Oldman47
Posted 2015-07-24 8:18 PM (#173708 - in reply to #173313)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I am in the wait and see mode. I know that Victory is going to do something but who knows what. The last few years it has been parts bin new models with no real innovation. They are past due for something new and exciting and let's hope it is an improved Vision. I have no problem with water cooling. I have owned a few water cooled bikes in the past and they demand about as much extra attention as a water cooled car. Check the overflow tank every few months and basically ignore it the rest of the time.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-07-25 11:06 AM (#173721 - in reply to #173708)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I just got back from a 4000 mile trip. The other bikes in the group included three Harleys, and two GL1800 Goldwings. And my 2008 Vision.

One of the 2015 Rushmore Harley Limited broke down and we had to leave two of them behind (they are a couple) while they got it fixed. The third one decided to stay with them and get her bike serviced mid-trip.

The Goldwings and my Vision were cruising along just fine doing 85 MPH across Wyoming. However, the GWs were turning 3700 RPM at that speed to my 3200 RPM. They also wanted to stop for a break before we did. The Vision beat them on gas mileage too.

Victory is going to have to make drastic improvements to the Vision in order to get me to give up my 2008 Vision.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2015-07-25 11:07 AM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-25 1:27 PM (#173722 - in reply to #173313)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Nice !!!! I had something like that happen to me in 2012. We rode to Sturgis . And the harley (2011 dresser) was burning oil due to the heat , and his oil temp was about 35f -45f higher than mine.. the other 2 guys we're on GW's and all were shocked how I was never the one asking to stop for fuel
rdbudd
Posted 2015-07-25 5:51 PM (#173726 - in reply to #173722)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Arkainzeye - 2015-07-25 1:27 PM

Nice !!!! I had something like that happen to me in 2012. We rode to Sturgis . And the harley (2011 dresser) was burning oil due to the heat , and his oil temp was about 35f -45f higher than mine.. the other 2 guys we're on GW's and all were shocked how I was never the one asking to stop for fuel

Lol!! Fuel. Right. That's the reason they want to stop. They have 6.6 gallon tanks to our 6 gallons. The actual fuel ranges are pretty close overall. The comfort ranges are less than the Vision's. They have to get off sooner. That fixed riding position is a killer to old knees. I watch them splay their legs wide to use their highway pegs, then dangle their feet for awhile, then back on the regular pegs, and then they want to stop.

The new Harley in our group that got stranded was due to a shift linkage that rattled loose and ruined the splines on the pivot rod. He couldn't shift up or down. The engine was fine, but we were riding in cool temperatures up in the mountains. One of the GW riders and myself effected a parking lot repair that got him going, but he didn't trust the bike to not do it again and had to wait two days for the Harley dealer to come and get him and the bike. It is under warranty, and he wanted Harley to fix it. They did.

Ronnie
efd158
Posted 2015-07-26 4:16 PM (#173742 - in reply to #173313)

Cruiser

Westchester Co., NY
I am with FastFred on the improvements needed. I am OK with our without water cooling. But if Victory does decide to go that route I figure it will be easier to hide plumbing on the Vision then it is on Harleys.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™