You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Pissed off about my Vision...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

willtill
Posted 2015-07-29 5:11 AM (#173940)
Subject: Pissed off about my Vision...

Visionary

Central Maryland
Just found my front drive sprocket seal is leaking AGAIN; after the Vic dealer "fixed it" one year ago.

I am so pissed off right now.

I may trade it in for a Honda F6B. I want reliability. The Vision is not providing that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-29 5:43 AM (#173941 - in reply to #173940)
Subject: Re: Pissed off about my Vision...

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i dont blame you .. this is why i left kawasaki back in 2008..
okie vision
Posted 2015-07-29 6:10 AM (#173942 - in reply to #173940)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Ease that agony you had, sell that scoot!
diamonbird
Posted 2015-07-29 8:09 AM (#173945 - in reply to #173940)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
I wonder if they replaced the output bearing and the seal as if it leaked once it will leak again as the bearing is probably why it leaked in the first place!
The really bad thing is the case has to be split in order to replace the bearing. I would think it's covered under warranty though unless the warranty has run out, but I guess you know that already........sorry about your luck guy! Clean it up and trade it in at the dealer that did the repair, let him suffer the expense.
willtill
Posted 2015-07-29 10:54 AM (#173952 - in reply to #173940)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I went to Chesapeake Cycle in Annapolis; and they ordered the parts The service manager is going to call me next week to bring it in. I hope they give me a good deal on the second repair; the first seal repair was not under warranty.

I don't even think I put on 3,000 miles since the first repair of the seal. Maybe they didn't grease the seal; or put it in properly? I am going to see if they make things right with me regarding the cost. That seal should have not failed that fast. Something is fishy about this whole thing.

Will ask them to install the Victory recall front fender bracket as well.

Edited by willtill 2015-07-29 10:55 AM
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-07-29 5:54 PM (#173966 - in reply to #173940)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
The Flex Seal they sprayed on it last year must have peeled off.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-29 6:00 PM (#173969 - in reply to #173940)

Visionary

not the bikes fault. Maybe the tech was no good or a bad seal
Oldman47
Posted 2015-08-06 9:23 PM (#174138 - in reply to #173940)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Enjoy that F6B willtill. It is not about the label on the tank but the wind in your face. Good luck on that fender repair. I am on the list at my dealer but have not heard back yet about a parts delivery date.
donetracey
Posted 2015-08-06 11:33 PM (#174141 - in reply to #173940)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Only problem in 8 years - failed ignition switch. Dealer replaced (under warranty) and re-keyed ALL other locks to use same key. My ONLY problem. MOST or ALL of my 23 other bikes had worse / more frequent issues. Haven't even had to change a light bulb ...
bigdrag
Posted 2015-08-11 1:07 PM (#174184 - in reply to #173940)
Subject: RE: Pissed off about my Vision...

Puddle Jumper

Me too...
I have a 2012 Ness Vision with only 14500 miles. My main transmission shaft went bad and took 4th gear with it.
I had it repaired(under warranty) after waiting 7 business days for victory to send the parts. The bike was @the dealer 3 weeks. When I picked it up it had not even been washed. When I got the bike home I noticed some of my chrome pieces were in the trunk. They forgot to put them back on. Also the bike was now leaking oil from the neutral safety switch, and the gasket for the output bearing. When the parts were ordered for the oil leak they were sent to the wrong dealer, so I waited a week for those also. As a result my bike was in the shop for the entire month of July.
Customer service was horrible and the quality of work was terrible. Now I do not have confidence in Victory, my bike or the dealer.
I don't know if it's just me , but now the bike seems to shift hard and it is harder to find neutral than before.
Oh well that's my story.
I have owned many bikes and different brands, but I have been fortunate to have never experienced this type of service.

Edited by bigdrag 2015-08-11 1:12 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™