You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin 2820 unsuccessful map updating
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

dblvsnted
Posted 2015-07-30 1:32 PM (#173996)
Subject: Garmin 2820 unsuccessful map updating

New user

I feel fortunate to be the owner of one of the 2009 10th Anniversary Visions #66. I love the user friendliness of the Garmin GPS 2820 that came with the bike. I have not been able to do a successful map update and I've bought the lifetime maps package from Garmin. I need to know if anyone has had any luck at all with a map update? I'm stuck with using the factory installed version of the 2010 maps as well as the Victory Vision Dealers Map from 2010 as well. When I follow all of the instructions and wade through all of the "no longer supported be Garmin Express" instructions, I end up being directed to select the "Garmin Mode" to do any software or map updates. When I'm selecting the option of "Garmin Mode" the unit keeps switching back to the previous screen and refuses to stat in the "Garmin Mode" for more than a second or two if that. Garmin's support ends up saying that the units can't be repaired and thay want to sell you a new one. It's bull crap! Has anyone been able to update their 2820 maps and if you have can you point me in the right direction?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-30 2:24 PM (#173998 - in reply to #173996)
Subject: Re: Garmin 2820 unsuccessful map updating

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't be shocked if they no linger support that thing.. life time maps or not . I wunder what year they created that. I know I had the 2720 , 7 years ago .. that's pretty old in tech years
luvdiving
Posted 2015-08-03 1:12 PM (#174082 - in reply to #173996)
Subject: RE: Garmin 2820 unsuccessful map updating

Puddle Jumper

Pierson, FL United States
Garmin discontinued support of the Stereo pilot series last year. If you contact garmin customer support, they will offer up to 40% off on your choice of another motorcycle GPS.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-08-03 6:34 PM (#174089 - in reply to #173996)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
thanks for that info.. makes sense if you think about how old that thing is.. when i had mine years ago.. its like a fossil compared to what is out now..
RedRider
Posted 2015-08-11 4:51 AM (#174182 - in reply to #173996)

Visionary

Same problem. Emailed Garmin and they offered up to 40% off. M/C units are crazy priced. All that for waterproofing? They offered me 2 models for free. I got the 54 and bought the waterproof bag from Amazon. Made an adapter plate. Works fine for me. Sure the plastic window on the bag makes it tough to see sometimes but that happens with pricey units too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™