You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

once was the Flagship
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

lstayner
Posted 2015-10-30 10:18 AM (#176526 - in reply to #176518)
Subject: Re: once was the Flagship

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
jimtom - 2015-10-30 6:20 AM

I know this will make some CC riders mad but the Cross Country is Victory's "Street Glide". Though Victory is still a little rare to see on the road, if I see a Victory, it's a streetglide, I mean Cross Country. I will never own one for that reason, because every victory rider has one also (and other reasons, less handling, less long distance comfort, missing power windshield, frame mounted fairing promoting highway stability, greater passenger comfort, etc, etc). So the CC rider saw that he was becoming a "sea of me too's" and tried to set themselves apart by putting a big front wheel on. Now , they all have big front wheels. Looks great but looks the same. I'm different , the Vision is different. Every time someone asks me about mine , I start spouting off all it's attributes and my high mileage compared to very little maintenance until I run some of them off. I get obnoxious when I talk about it. I'm almost a Vision snob, ok , I am a Vision snob. The funny thing is , I know it as soon as I do it and I berate myself. I say to myself "when someone asks you how you like your bike , just once could you just say I like it fine???"

The more I read how the Indian "pale faces" in comparison from riders who have experience with both the more I'm 2nd guessing whether I will ever own an Indian. If i were to make such a significant investment in the RM, it better ride good because I don't buy them to look at. I admit the Indian is aesthetically pleasing and in my demo experience , very comfortable and even more manageable for my 150 lb , 5'6" frame but it has to be a traveler baby. The Vision, as another post said , has "ruined me" I guess.

I too have been called a "Vision snob" by several friends and my wife. They just don't get it. It is the best bike ever made.

My wife bought a Chieftain after wrecking her CR. It is a great bike for her size wise. To me it is a little cramped. Damn, the "Vision snob" is coming out again! LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jimtom
Posted 2015-10-30 11:31 AM (#176529 - in reply to #176526)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
varyder
Posted 2015-10-30 11:50 AM (#176530 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I can accept Indian being on a different level from a Vision. I could take one the distance, but I would have a different gait with a squaw over the Vision. I'm probably the biggest Vision snob their is and often laugh at the double talk I get with Wing, and Harley riders. Hearing how much they like their bike, and then hearing them say, but I wish it was... I just chuckle. I've never wanted any other bike since getting the Vision, but I've also wanted an Indian. We'll see where things go in the next few years.
jimtom
Posted 2015-10-30 12:45 PM (#176533 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

I believe I could ride whatever I'm on the distance whether it be Indian or victory (the only two touring bikes I will consider). I'm happy with my Vision. If it runs for ever , I may never buy another bike but if I was serious as some point in the future about buying Indian, I think I might rent one and take it on a long trip to get a real feel with real saddle time.
RoteBarron
Posted 2015-10-31 9:14 PM (#176540 - in reply to #174029)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
Damn, here I thought I was uni-que but I'm just like ya'll - a great big ole Vision snob. Worse yet, wife is the same way. Might have to test one of the Indians I mean hell, it's got an Indian head on the fender an all.....Have yet to have anything rattle off my vision or anyone confuse it with a Honda minivan.... ;-) Yep. There it is. The ole snoberoo comin' out....Keep the shiny side up brothers.
witchbiker
Posted 2015-11-01 7:21 AM (#176541 - in reply to #176518)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States

Actually the new "Magnum" is the 'Street Glide', with the 21" front wheel, bags and fairing. Looks lowered in the back, but I'm not sure if it is.

witchbiker

Retired from Uncle, and movin' to FL. I hear Glen is making the FlashMe LED's again. He is in Fl also.

'08 Vision Tour 67K...so far.

jimtom
Posted 2015-11-03 8:51 AM (#176556 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

I stepped back and looked at it in my workplace parking lot and thought "man, this thing still looks fresh." Been in production for 8 years and the design is still cutting edge. There is still nothing like it and it still doesn't date itself. People still see it and ask if it is new. Long live the Vision! Aptly named. What great forward thinking must have went into this bike. You'd almost have to have a crystal ball to predict the staying power of the aesthetics of this thing and the handling. It just keeps impressing.
IndyVision
Posted 2015-11-03 7:16 PM (#176557 - in reply to #174029)

Tourer

I've had two dealers say some interesting things. Victory will be getting updated electronics and lighting, dealer number one, and a new fairing bike will be released, dealer number 2. Dealer number 2 said they have seen the bike and it's an eye opener.
jimtom
Posted 2015-11-04 5:37 AM (#176558 - in reply to #176557)

Visionary

IndyVision - 2015-11-03 7:16 PM

I've had two dealers say some interesting things. Victory will be getting updated electronics and lighting, dealer number one, and a new fairing bike will be released, dealer number 2. Dealer number 2 said they have seen the bike and it's an eye opener.

This is very exciting!
okie vision
Posted 2015-11-06 11:35 AM (#176565 - in reply to #174029)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Victory definitely controls what their network of dealers will tell you.
The one I quizzed said he's seen the future but won't even tell me if there's going to be a color change, LOL.

Edited by okie vision 2015-11-06 11:36 AM
jimtom
Posted 2015-11-06 11:38 AM (#176566 - in reply to #176565)

Visionary

They are very good at keeping secrets.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-11-07 5:39 AM (#176568 - in reply to #176565)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
okie vision - 2015-11-06 11:35 AM

The one I quizzed said he's seen the future but won't even tell me if there's going to be a color change, LOL.

what i have personally witnessed and seen with my own eyes is.. I usually know more about the products they sell than my dealers do..... i N E V E R go to them for info on upcoming products or changes... They arent like Harley dealers where they live & breathe this $hit....
okie vision
Posted 2015-11-07 10:15 AM (#176569 - in reply to #176568)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Arkainzeye - 2015-11-07 5:39 AM

okie vision - 2015-11-06 11:35 AM

what i have personally witnessed and seen with my own eyes is.. I usually know more about the products they sell than my dealers do..... i N E V E R go to them for info on upcoming products or changes... They arent like Harley dealers where they live & breathe this $hit....

My point exactly. The dealers know, but you'll not know they do.
varyder
Posted 2015-11-12 12:50 PM (#176597 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
could 2016 be the last year for the Vision? Folks have whined enough they don't like it like it is, so let's see what they come up with that won't be a Vision, nor ride like one, but will be the replacement. for the record, there is no replacement for the Vision IMHO.
Banjo
Posted 2016-05-20 5:55 PM (#184077 - in reply to #174029)

Tourer

I have had my Vision for 8 years, and it still feels fresh when I ride her
IndyVision
Posted 2016-05-20 9:08 PM (#184091 - in reply to #174029)

Tourer

I think 2016 is the last year. I contacted the XM module manufacturer about a new antenna and found out they quit making it in 2011. It's not listed as an accessory on the website
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-21 6:57 PM (#184110 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
But if that xm antenna was last made 5 years ago , how does that play into the future of the vision ? I don't think I ever met a vision owner that had the factory xm unit before ... just saying
rwilly
Posted 2016-05-21 9:50 PM (#184113 - in reply to #174029)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Polaris appears to be marketing Victory as the "Muscle Bike" while Indians will be the big tourers. It may be that Polaris will be dumping the Vision, and keep the CC bikes as their only heavy weights available from Victory in order to concentrate on filling the void of a powerful, affordable, American, sport/muscle bike.
Water cooled, high HP performance bikes.
Don't forget the Electric bikes.

Does anybody buy the Vision anymore? I don't think they sold all that well to begin with.
jimtom
Posted 2016-05-23 6:25 AM (#184140 - in reply to #184113)

Visionary

It is my opinion that they will keep a fixed fairing model in the line up. Fixed fairing touring motorcycles are their own niche market separate from bar/fork fairing bikes. They need an offering to compete with the king of fixed fairing , the Goldwing. The Cross Country doesn't match up as well against the GW or Roadglide. We need an American alternative to the GW and BMW. GW still doesn't even offer a power windshield , (trust me , if you don't have experience with the power windshield, it's a big deal!). BMW is expensive and expensive to maintain . Victory Vision is still the best option to me.

I think Victory will always have a fixed fairing bike.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-05-23 8:02 AM (#184144 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hill Start Control , Keyless Ride automatically releases the steering lock, ignition , alarm system , Adaptive headlight with xenon technology , heatable seat with backrest , 160 HP 129 Ftlbs etc etc http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

not my style.. but BMW surely has a different point of view on what they call FLAGSHIP..
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-05-27 5:37 PM (#184208 - in reply to #174029)

Visionary

They have only made 7333 visions not the most popular bike for 8 years
rdbudd
Posted 2016-05-28 9:48 AM (#184226 - in reply to #184140)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
jimtom - 2016-05-23 6:25 AM

It is my opinion that they will keep a fixed fairing model in the line up. Fixed fairing touring motorcycles are their own niche market separate from bar/fork fairing bikes. They need an offering to compete with the king of fixed fairing , the Goldwing. The Cross Country doesn't match up as well against the GW or Roadglide. We need an American alternative to the GW and BMW. GW still doesn't even offer a power windshield , (trust me , if you don't have experience with the power windshield, it's a big deal!). BMW is expensive and expensive to maintain . Victory Vision is still the best option to me.

I think Victory will always have a fixed fairing bike.

I agree.

Look at Honda. They are the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world, by far, eclipsing even Harley Davidson by a wide margin. Yet their flagship luxury touring model, the Goldwing, has only sold 640,000 units over a 41 year period. All of those early units were sold as bare bikes back in the early days of the model, and owners dressed them up with Craig Vetter's touring accessories. Then, Honda took notice and started developing the concept of a "luxury touring" model. The market developed and here we are.

It is a very small niche market, but an important market. The people who buy the machines built to satisfy that market are not large in number, but they are confident in what they want, they know what they expect, and they wouldn't have anything else. Victory has a bike that is every bit the equal of the Goldwing in the Vision. The Cross Country Tour is nice too, very nice in fact, but it isn't as nice as a Goldwing or a Vision on a long trip. It's the little things that make the difference to the buyers of a long haul luxury touring bike. To them, the little things are really big things. They want "the best", not "almost the best".

I think Victory will drop the Vision about the same time Honda drops the Goldwing. It will be here for a long time. Neither the Goldwing, nor the Vision will ever be the top selling model of their respective companies, but they will always be the flagships.

Ronnie
kmt27
Posted 2016-05-29 11:38 PM (#184253 - in reply to #174029)

Cruiser

Davenport, IA
There are more Visions out there than most people think. I just returned from a full day of riding in northwest Illinois today. I saw 6 different Visions throughout the day. This was the most Vision sightings I saw in one day. Hail to the Vision! Also, I saw just as many Indians. Both Victory and Indian are gaining traction. More and more people are recognizing how good the Victory brand is. When I stop and talk to another Victory rider, they are satisfied riders. And when I bump into another Vision rider, it's all positive comments. I think when the Vision was first introduced, it was before its time, but more and more people are learning just how good the Vision is. I just hope Victory keeps producing the Vision, but with a few refined feature and functions.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™