You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear shock replacement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

lstayner
Posted 2015-08-01 9:04 PM (#174058)
Subject: Rear shock replacement

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Well it finally happen at 83K miles. I was doing maintenance on the bike getting ready for a long trip and low and behold the shock was wet at the bottom.

I am looking for a better aftermarket shock. Has anyone had an luck finding something?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2015-08-01 9:13 PM (#174059 - in reply to #174058)
Subject: Re: Rear shock replacement

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I got a used one off eBay. Doesn't even leak. The original one leaked slowly from the beginning.
lstayner
Posted 2015-08-07 9:22 AM (#174145 - in reply to #174058)
Subject: RE: Rear shock replacement

Tourer

I am not comfortable buying a used shock. Since I will have the shop install it, I sure would hate to have a bad part and pay the shop twice.

Polaris is on extended back order for a new shock. I have ordered the Penske 6800E rear shock. It is rebuild-able and costs a bit more, buy I can get it is 3 -4 weeks.I will keep everyone posted as to how it performs when I get it installed.
Rowebote
Posted 2015-08-07 1:52 PM (#174146 - in reply to #174058)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
Scott @ Conquestcustoms sells a Penske shock if you are looking for a replacement. It's the touring version of the shock he sells for the steel frame bikes. I don't know about the Vision or X series bikes but it was a big improvement on my Jackpot.

http://www.conquestcustoms.com/penskeadjustableraceshock-1.aspx
lstayner
Posted 2015-08-07 3:40 PM (#174147 - in reply to #174146)

Tourer

Rowebote - 2015-08-07 1:52 PM

Scott @ Conquestcustoms sells a Penske shock if you are looking for a replacement. It's the touring version of the shock he sells for the steel frame bikes. I don't know about the Vision or X series bikes but it was a big improvement on my Jackpot.

http://www.conquestcustoms.com/penskeadjustableraceshock-1.aspx[/QU...

Yes, that is the same shock that I am getting. My dealer is going direct to Penske though. He can get is a couple weeks sooner that way.

I am glad to hear that it is an improvement over the OEM. When your spending $700, you hope it is for the better.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™