You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Maybe It's Just Me...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

iluvink
Posted 2015-08-26 11:07 PM (#174479)
Subject: Maybe It's Just Me...

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
I could pretty much buy any bike I really wanted to. I'm not rich, just comfortable. A new Vision, Harley, Indian, etc. I even test rode an Indian, Road King, some others, and even a new Vision. I did really think that I would flip over the Indian...nope. But I just keep riding home on my current Vision, and go, "nah, this bike just suits me" After all, there's nothing wrong with it, it's paid for, and a new ride is just not worth the hassle or effort.

Then I smile, and hit the throttle. Love my '08 Vision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2015-08-27 5:07 AM (#174483 - in reply to #174479)
Subject: Re: Maybe It's Just Me...

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thomas, I'm tracking with you. With gargantuan miles on my '08 Vision, I'm still more than satisfied. I did a demo ride at the best Indian dealer around 4 hours away from me. I rode a 2014 Vintage, the one I would get if I was to get an Indian. I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but it rode like a motorcycle, a fine motorcycle, but it was no Vision. I hopped back on my Vision enjoying the ride home all the more knowing 6 years earlier I made the best choice. The one thing that makes it more worthwhile is mine is not using or burning any oil and I keep it changed at 2,500 miles now to ensure optimal longevity. In the past couple of years I've looked at the newer bikes, Visions, CCT, Indians, and I still come away asking the question, Why? My wife has given me a standing go ahead to get a new bike, and I could do it today, but, Why? I say that with a smile on my face as the bike starts and I ride away.
amessen
Posted 2015-08-27 6:39 AM (#174486 - in reply to #174479)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I am in the same camp. I could buy any bike I want but I have what I want an 08 Vision I have done a fair amount to it to make it fit me prefect so if I bought a new bike the only one that still fits me is the Vision and I would have to either move all my stuff over or buy it all again and that is not worth the effort. See you down the road. Archie
Haze_Gray
Posted 2015-08-27 9:14 AM (#174490 - in reply to #174479)

Cruiser

Virginia Beach, VA
I agree with ya'll. I have demo'd a lot of other bikes, Harley, Indian, Yamaha, Victory, etc. My 2013 Vision suits me just fine. If I want a different bike, I just remove the trunk.
varyder
Posted 2015-08-27 9:30 AM (#174492 - in reply to #174479)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I pulled my trunk two years ago or so and I've not even thought of putting it back on.
lstayner
Posted 2015-08-27 10:52 AM (#174493 - in reply to #174479)
Subject: Vision snob

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
My wife calls me "The Vision Snob" because I won't look at any other bike as an option. I can live with that.
jimtom
Posted 2015-08-27 12:27 PM (#174494 - in reply to #174479)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
There have been many threads like this one. I agree. I could have any new bike I wanted but what's the point? I have the best bike I have ever had the privilege of riding! I have made so many memories on this bike. It has made my life better. As I have said, if I bought another bike right now, it would be another Vision. Mine pays off in May. I hope to ride many thousands of miles past that.
Fastfred
Posted 2015-08-27 12:35 PM (#174495 - in reply to #174479)

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
I just asked myself the same question. I have a Indian and have rode over 150K miles between my 1st two Visions. It was time for a new bike. I tested the HD EG, The Goldwing, Roadmaster, BMW and Vision. Last Monday I came home with a brand new 2013 Victory Vision. It now has 4K miles on it. I would have got a 2016 but they didn't change anything and I like the deal I got on the 2013.

Edited by Fastfred 2015-08-27 12:37 PM
okie vision
Posted 2015-08-27 12:44 PM (#174496 - in reply to #174479)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
as long as the "but why's?" over rule the "why not's?", there ya go!

Our riding style does not include trips to work (I would but job requires company truck so I can't)
Don't ride locally to the store, dinner, etc.
When we fire up the bike, we're loaded, trailer hooked up and headed out. With just over 31K on the 2011 odometer, I'm kinda thankful that for years to come, I've got no bike purchasing decisions to think about. Only other bike I've had drooling over was a Goldwing until I realized I don't fit on one. Having these beasts paid for is that icing on the cake
varyder
Posted 2015-08-27 2:52 PM (#174505 - in reply to #174479)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I actually tell my wife when she asks me why don't I get a new bike, "Why don't you like me?" I can't part with either one.
Pops
Posted 2015-08-28 7:39 PM (#174519 - in reply to #174479)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Crazy about my Vision!
donetracey
Posted 2015-08-29 3:41 AM (#174525 - in reply to #174479)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Nice comments - ALL of them. If this were fb I would have clicked LIKE on each of them! I agree with EVERYTHING SAID - my '08 gets about ZERO maintenance time (from me - dealer does regular stuff) and it is ALWAYS ready to ride. I look at the tires to make sure they ain't flat, look at the driveway to make sure there ain't no oil leaks, hop on - and we're GONE ! And ALWAYS arrive home with a bigger grin than when we left. I am 71, and if it continues to act like VARYDER's beauty, the bike will out live MY ability to continue riding. Ride ON !!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™