You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision motor upgrade information please
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Savage1
Posted 2015-08-29 6:43 AM (#174527)
Subject: Vision motor upgrade information please

Puddle Jumper

Gday,

I'm in Australia so unfortunately I can't just head over to Lloydz and company and get this sorted.

I've got a 2012 Vision 30000ks, stock except for 1/4 turn throttle and Timing Wheel set at 1, any more than that and she pings at the moment.

I'm looking for a QUIET RIDE with more stick, so no Upper High Flow Filter or changing the stock pipes.

I'd like some feedback on the following upgrade combination before I get this done locally .....

PCV

K&N (Front only) reusable filter.

Lloydz Cams

With a Dyno tune.

How will this combination perform without the High Flow Filter ?

Is there a Baffle behind the Stock Front Filter that can be removed for better air flow ?

Which Cams should I use the (HOH VM1 DR), or the new Touring Cams (HOH VM1 HPT DR) ?

I've been told the Touring Cams are a lot more work to install on a Vision, and they put more stress on the motor, is this correct?

Lastly considering this is a touring bike how would this affect fuel consumption.

Thanks for any help..

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2015-08-29 9:49 AM (#174534 - in reply to #174527)
Subject: RE: Vision motor upgrade information please

Visionary

Jasper, MO
For your combination, I would suggest Lloydz VM1-DR cams. I would leave that baffle in, because it aids low speed torque. Your fuel consumption will remain close to stock overall. Heavy throttle application will lower it of course.

Without the top filter, your peak horsepower will be less than it could have been. You should still have power equal to that of a GL1800 Goldwing though.

The stock exhaust is the best choice for overall torque and power on a Vision. It's also nice and quiet.

When you install the PCV, raise the rev-limiter at least 500 RPM. That will let you get the most from the cams, and raise your top speed limiter from 120 MPH to 132 MPH. If it were me, I would ask Dynojet for the code to unlock an extra 500 RPM for a total of 1000. That will let you shift at 6000 RPM without hitting the rev-limiter. The stock rev-limiter is set at 5500 RPM. The stock speed limiter is set at 120 MPH. You will be hitting those quickly if you don't increase the rev-limiter.

Ronnie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™