You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Penske shock
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

lstayner
Posted 2015-09-06 4:28 PM (#174679)
Subject: Penske shock

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I got my bike back from the shop on Friday with the new Penske shock installed. It took a few weeks to get. I rode the 60 miles home Friday night and I could tell a difference right away. Put another 160 miles on today on slower roads and what twisties I could find in central Iowa. All in all, I am very happy with the ride and handling of the bike. The next test will be with a passenger.

The cost is about $200 more than a stock air shock but they are on back order and I needed a new shock pretty bad. The dealer charged $150 for install which I thought was fair.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
el spanky
Posted 2015-09-06 9:20 PM (#174680 - in reply to #174679)
Subject: Re: Penske shock

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
What is the part #??
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-07 7:17 AM (#174686 - in reply to #174679)
Subject: Re: Penske shock

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
how do you adjust for adding weight or what not to the bike.?
lstayner
Posted 2015-09-07 8:37 AM (#174692 - in reply to #174679)
Subject: RE: Penske shock

Tourer

Part number PS 8900E VV

As far as adjusting for additional loading,not here is a preload adjustment but my dealer questioned how feasible it would be to adjust easily. I haven't had any time to really look it over since I got it back. I ride one up 95% of the time but am going to have my wife ride on back today and get her opinion of the ride. Stay tuned...
lstayner
Posted 2015-09-07 7:04 PM (#174697 - in reply to #174679)
Subject: Passenger

Tourer

Well, I rode a little over 200 miles with the wife on back today. The ride was just as good with her on as it was solo. She couldn't tell any difference. I ride with a Commander II on the back and it is a little taller tire. Every so often with the air shock I would bottom out and feel the tire rub inside the fender. I purposely took a few roads today to see if I could repeat the rub with the new shock. I am happy to report that I was not able to make it rub.

I think the new shock is slightly stiffer but not noticeable. With that said, it is a keeper in my opinion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™