You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Indian Styling
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2015-09-23 11:50 AM (#175126)
Subject: Indian Styling

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

I'm at a little sandwich shop getting some grub and I had too conversation about the Vision.  The first guy walks across the place to ask me if it was an Indian.   I asked him if it was because the fringe was on it, and he said no, because of styling.  He felt there was a lot of Indian styling, to include the front.  I took that as a good compliment.  But I did explain the difference and that Indian was a seester company of Victory.  He went back to his table and then a guy two tables over starts asking me about my bike and Indians.  He wanted to know if I thought the new Indians were reliable and I told him "absolutely".

All of it was a good lunch time conversation.  Anytime I talk about bikes is a good conversation.

When I got done I went to the music store next door to look at the mandolin I want to get.  One day.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
IndyVision
Posted 2015-09-23 8:30 PM (#175128 - in reply to #175126)
Subject: Re: Indian Styling

Tourer

It's funny the number of people buying Indians that have no clue who ones the name and no clue about Victory
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-23 9:02 PM (#175129 - in reply to #175126)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
the Visions looks like an Indian . the way this looks like a model-T http://www.onallcylinders.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/6202684692...
varyder
Posted 2015-09-24 4:54 AM (#175137 - in reply to #175126)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

It's impossible to validate now, but I believe if Indian had never folded and continued to be innovative, it would have came out with a bike similar to the Vision sooner than what Victory did. I also believe because Indian left the scene in 1953, that caused Harley to freeze in time because they had no competition. I also believe, regardless of being the underdog, Victory has done more to transform how manufacturers look at building a motorcycle than Harley did in it's years of existence. I hear more about Harley targeting comfort, I even believe they lowered their seating, but Victory did it first. Victory gave Polaris Indian a platform to build from that they would not have been able to do from scratch. It took 6+ years for Victory to come up with the Vision and put it on the street before the Cross Bikes. I believe every bike on the road rides primarily the same, but only a Vision rides like a Vision. I've rode the Cross bikes and the Polaris Indians, while I believe they are superior to the other manufacturers, they are no Vision by any means. But the original guys from the old Indian were thinking rider, rider, rider, from the beginning. Harley was building a motorcycle and putting a seat on it. There's a video of Jay Leno riding an old 1930 something Indian Four (I think I got the year right, too lazy to google or youtube it right now) but comments it has all day ride comfort. My Gold Wing didn't have all day ride comfort, but my Vision does. But from a styling sense, I will agree both the Indian and the Vision is Art Deco and from the squint your eyes perspective, I noticed the same thing when I first saw one. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the butt-holder.

Edited by varyder 2015-09-24 5:02 AM
lowtone9
Posted 2015-10-22 10:59 AM (#175439 - in reply to #175126)

Cruiser

Which mandolin were you looking at?
varyder
Posted 2015-10-22 1:32 PM (#175440 - in reply to #175126)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
fender A style.
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2015-10-23 4:58 PM (#175451 - in reply to #175126)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
A Vision looking like an Indian? I just don't see it.
varyder
Posted 2015-10-23 5:40 PM (#175453 - in reply to #175126)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Beauty is in the eye of the butt-holder
varyder
Posted 2015-10-23 5:40 PM (#175454 - in reply to #175126)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

double post joke: Harley

Edited by varyder 2015-10-23 5:42 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread