You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Yet, 'nother VV light'n project...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Davet
Posted 2016-01-04 11:15 PM (#177130)
Subject: Yet, 'nother VV light'n project...

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
As guys have been using LEDs to enhance their BIG 'V' in the back of their VV's I've been focusing on trunk lighting. 1st I added Kuryakyn's 4710 to the stock trunk lights to make 'em blink as turn signals and strobe during braking. 2nd, I added LEDs to the lip of the trunk which do pretty much the same thing the trunk lights do but, on a longer scale (think in back and down the side of the bike). See link below...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xf3aztm141ump5/LED%20Trunk%20Lights.mpg?d...

(this link's an education... it was filmed using a droid with a telephoto lens then doctored with Movie Maker. Also, it was shot in day light--not very easy to see the LED lip lights).

Now I've taken the lip lighting a step further and computerized it! By using an Arduino and Neopixels I was able to control each light with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Observe the results in the link below...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwbx7wboa8vfnd4/Lip%20Lights%20on%20Trunk....

Now, I have 2 sets of lights. I'm still programming the last set of lights to match the flash rate of the trunk lights--so they're staying on the bike. But, the other set (which consist of: the inside upper black plastic trunk pan, with the LED lights glued to them, and a umbi-cord with a Canon plug designed to plug into the harness) is now available to interested parties. I'll send the items mentioned to the 1st/highest offer. I'll also supply installation support (whatever it takes) to get the lights working in a VV trunk. That includes wiring diagrams and a receiver Canon plug.

Thanks for noticing guys...

Edited by Davet 2016-01-04 11:18 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dan camarco
Posted 2016-01-05 10:21 AM (#177136 - in reply to #177130)
Subject: Re: Yet, 'nother VV light'n project...

Cruiser

Lumber Bridge, NC United States
nice job.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-01-05 4:20 PM (#177137 - in reply to #177130)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
pretty cool .. take a look at these as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyTJh6LY2h8
diamonbird
Posted 2016-01-05 4:58 PM (#177138 - in reply to #177137)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
Looks too busy for me, I mean nice job on most of it but way too much going on back there! If it were mine I would reduce some of the noise!
ByteN2it
Posted 2016-01-05 5:40 PM (#177139 - in reply to #177130)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I agree with DB - you could get rear ended by someone trying to figure out what the hell they're looking at. I thought the simple flash was better then the sequential lighting of the LEDs-It's a bit too much

Edited by ByteN2it 2016-01-05 5:42 PM
Davet
Posted 2016-01-05 9:54 PM (#177146 - in reply to #177130)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
Yah well...

It's a work in progress at this point. Now that I have a computer installed it's just a matter of timing. I'm planning on timing the lip-lights to operate at the same rate as the trunk lights.

Also, I may disable/remove the LED license plate frame. The LED license plate frame was my first modification and set-up the plugs and wiring for further changes. So, I agree... more lights aren't always better.

So far as the MBW lights go... I read they've been acquired by some company and aren't available until the marketing department of the new company gets their $hit together. Now that I've cut my teeth on programming LEDs in PWM I'm thinking 'bout building the big 'V'.

Although, my design will NOT have the perimeter running lights like MBW's but LEDs operating at a lower density. The other functions would copy the MBW design.

Edited by Davet 2016-01-05 9:57 PM
okie vision
Posted 2016-01-06 3:40 PM (#177156 - in reply to #177130)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Best of luck Dave. There'll surely be folks interested in the LED designs for years to come
Sysiphus
Posted 2016-02-15 7:55 PM (#178774 - in reply to #177130)

New user

I'd love to see a parts list and build log for this.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-02-16 5:30 PM (#178794 - in reply to #177130)

Visionary

adding brake light to vision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QPAMpVmhw
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-02-19 7:45 AM (#178834 - in reply to #178794)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Ah Yes, RadioTeacher's video! He was one of the first members on Vision-Riders and this mod started the Vision's custom lighting craze. Haven't heard much from him in awhile but he still lurks in the shadows of this site. Hope you are doing well RadioTeacher!

Thaine
Posted 2016-03-02 8:51 PM (#179033 - in reply to #177130)

New user

Duncan, NE United States
I'd like to get my trunk lights to act as blinkers too. Any how to videos on how to do that?
nailer
Posted 2016-03-02 10:36 PM (#179034 - in reply to #179033)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Kuryakyn 4710 controller will do it.

Vision_break_mod.wmv on youtube
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™