You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision price
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

amessen
Posted 2016-01-12 8:47 AM (#177206)
Subject: Vision price

Cruiser

Belding Michigan

I have been looking at the Visions for sale. I am so glad I have mine set up the way I want it. I have very little to do to mine but maitenance and ride. I was some what taken aback by the price drop on used bikes. I get that you can only get what the market will bear but heavens the market has tanked. I have seen a number of Visions for less than 9K. If someone who likes touring and wants a bike that can ride long, short, or fast they need to step up now. This market is crazy. meanwhile I will ride what I have and not think about ever selling. Archie

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jimtom
Posted 2016-01-15 5:22 AM (#177231 - in reply to #177206)
Subject: RE: Vision price

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I will never sell mine either. I love it. Besides, with the mileage on mine, I'd have to give it away. With the market so low on used Visions, maybe when I finally do need a bike, I could get a second one for a song.
varyder
Posted 2016-01-15 7:18 AM (#177232 - in reply to #177206)
Subject: Re: Vision price

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

plain old crazy talk here...

Edited by varyder 2016-01-15 7:19 AM
jamesrobert
Posted 2016-01-15 8:32 AM (#177234 - in reply to #177206)

Puddle Jumper

Redwood Falls , MN United States
The bike market in general is bad. just got a 2012 demo bike with 5,000 miles on it. Had a hard time finding a dealer to trade in my 09 venture. Harley dealers where not taking any trade ins.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-01-15 11:06 AM (#177235 - in reply to #177206)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well resale is ALSO based on demand.. how many vision do you see on the road.. that gives you an idea on Demand... when i traded in my 08 vision i got a very respectable trade in ... better than i thought !! but that wont happen all the time.. you got to figure.. of all the victory bikes they make and sale.. i see (where i live) Less vision's than anything else.. That tells me in my area that alot of people dont want or like them... now me personally.. i like that.. i dont want people on the same bike i have.... hell i hate all you guys for having the same bike i have !!! LOL LOL but when i bought my 2nd vision.. i knew when the time will come not to expect a great resale... cause everyone where i live wants those X-bikes.. cross country etc ... and thats fine... they can have them... ill just continue to be different... not i ate paint chips as a child and im licking the local stores window different.. just Unique..
jimtom
Posted 2016-01-15 11:35 AM (#177237 - in reply to #177235)

Visionary

I'm glad there not "streetglide " popular too. I like being different . I just want them to be popular enough for Victory to continue the lineage of the model and support it down the road.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-01-17 6:41 PM (#177261 - in reply to #177206)

Visionary

I just road a friends street glide a couple months back and was shocked. I'v had nothing but harleys and really like them. But after ridding my vision there is no comparison in how short they are. The street glide is nice but the vision is so much better for comfort and looks
el spanky
Posted 2016-01-20 9:42 PM (#177295 - in reply to #177206)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
Pre-own go by NADA value there are others also KBB etc... Thank God Vision is not popular like a Street Glide!!
rdbudd
Posted 2016-01-21 10:32 AM (#177303 - in reply to #177234)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
jamesrobert - 2016-01-15 8:32 AM

The bike market in general is bad. just got a 2012 demo bike with 5,000 miles on it. Had a hard time finding a dealer to trade in my 09 venture. Harley dealers where not taking any trade ins.

It is around here. I watch Craigslist for motorcycles. Even the GL1800 Goldwings aren't selling very well right now. There are several advertised asking over $10,000, but they stay listed and unsold. There is a 2005 GL1800 available in my area for an asking price of $8500. Pictures and description look very good.

LOTS of Harleys are listed, most with high prices. They remain listed for months at a time--not selling. Those asking for the price NADA or KBB list do not seem to sell at all. Maybe the dealers can sell them for that (with financing), but individuals don't seem to have any luck getting those prices.

The used car and pickup market isn't doing very well either, unless it is a dealer that offers financing. Two of my friends have used car dealerships. One just closed up and the other is barely in business. They can't get the prices listed by NADA. They can barely sell for over the "loan value". Neither offers customer financing.

The economy has seen better days.

Ronnie
Oldman47
Posted 2016-01-21 3:52 PM (#177308 - in reply to #177206)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Bikes are never an investment. Yes, that is never. They are always an expense. When it comes to the cost of riding my Vision has been the cheapest bike I have ever owned. I have about 28k miles on my 2013 and so far it has cost me about $500 in tires and about $300 in brakes. I get to change my own oil at around $50 each time using Vic oil and a crush washer. I bought a K&P filter model S-1 so no cost for filters at an oil change. When I rode HDs I was paying close to $250 for each oil change at around 5000 miles and the 10k mile service was more expensive yet at about $300. Tires were about the same price at similar intervals to my Vision. I have been tempted and gave in to the temptation to upgrade the power on my bike so I spent some coin at one of the tuners, in my case the Vic Shop because they are closer than others like Southern Motorworx in Florida.
If I own this bike for another 5 years it will probably have somewhere near 80 k miles on it. At that point I might be doing good to get 10 k for it and whoever buys it will be making out. If I had a 8 year old Road Glide Ultra, the closest comparison bike from HD, the used price would be about the same. Meanwhile I am riding a Vision so you tell me which bike is a better purchase. I came over from HD to Victory because of the costs I could no longer afford on my old 2011 Road Glide Ultra. The RGU was in the shop every month or so for repairs that would have cost me at least $150 each time if the bike was not under warranty. In 3 years on my Vic I have been in the shop exactly one time for a warranty repair and never since the warranty expired.
jimtom
Posted 2016-01-22 5:34 AM (#177315 - in reply to #177308)

Visionary

mines an 08. At 133,350 miles, It's been in the shop ONCE! Blown head gasket. I blame myself for letting it run over an hour in July gridlock traffic (Pigeon Forge) at that point it had about 90,000 miles. It was cooking and it was cooking me. Besides that , tires and oil and an occasional light bulb. My oil change is $39.99 plus tax. I'm on original clutch, drive belt, suspension, steering head bearings, fuel pump, and wheel bearings. It's an investment in my sanity.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™